Apply for Study Abroad Scholarship: Study Abroad Scholarships for International Students Overseas
A lot of students across the globe seek easy ways to apply for a study abroad scholarship, the perfect country for it, and how favorable the environment can be for any students when they stand to enjoy all the benefits and many other good things that the destination study country as to offer. if you are an international student seeking a study abroad then this is a good ti,e to read up the information in this content which might help you out someday on your quest for pursuing your admission.
Are you looking for a way to study abroad but worried about the cost? There are hundreds of scholarships to study abroad, including general scholarships and more specialized funding schemes.
Some scholarships are offered by government agencies while some by individual universities, and others by external funding organizations.
Searching through all the international scholarships out there can be an easy task, you can make this easier by creating lists of scholarships to study abroad.
These include lists of international scholarships to study abroad in a particular country, scholarships to study a particular subject, and scholarships targeting particular groups of students.
Scholarship dream (Apply for Study Abroad Scholarship)
Many students dream of studying abroad and this offers students international experience offers to make new friends, participate in an internship.
In addition to that, it helps create professional connections, and immerse themselves in a new culture, all while gaining a prestigious education.
However, some students have this mindset that studying abroad is too expensive for their budget and don’t know where to start on the scholarship application.
Therefore, it is a thing of joy that there are plenty of study abroad scholarships for international students who are interested in pursuing a course or a degree abroad.
Many universities and other institutions of higher education set goals to recruit a specific number of students from abroad and this can bring a unique cultural experience of the campus.
What is a Scholarship?
Well, let’s try to define this from a Cambridge dictionary, a scholarship is “an amount of money given by a school, college, university, or other organization to pay for the studies of a person with great ability but little money.” Most scholarships are more flexible, allowing all students to apply regardless of their academic finances.
Note: The university or college usually receive the money directly to cover your tuition (or a part of it).
Student loans are a form of financial aid that needs to be paid back, sometimes with interest it can however come as both blessing and a curse in disguise.
Below mentioned are the various types of scholarships: (Apply for Study Abroad Scholarship)
- Merit-based scholarships: If you are academically fit, you will awarded a merit-based scholarship if you have achieved decent academic grades/ have artistic or athletic accomplishments. Check Merit-based scholarships below:
- Ali Kuscu Science and Technology Scholarship
- British Council – IELTS Award
- Commonwealth Scholarships For Master’s And PhD
- Fulbright scholarships (US)
- STEM Women’s Undergraduate Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Need-based scholarships: This scholarship is best suited for in case you need financial assistance to pursue or further your studies.
- Student-specific scholarships: These are open only for a specific sector of students. There are various scholarships that fall under this category such as scholarships for minorities, international students, military, and scholarship for Hispanic students and many more.
- Career-specific scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who want to pursue a specific field such as education, nursing etc. under are few common career fields engaged by students:
- Computer science Scholarships
- Medicine scholarships
- Law scholarships
- Sports scholarships
- Nursing scholarships
- College-specific scholarships: This type of scholarship is awarded by individual colleges or universities to students based on academics and other criteria. So, if you have been dreaming of applying to your dream university, you can apply for this scholarship! Below are few common career fields opted by students:
- NTU International Undergraduate Engineering Scholarship
- NUS President’s Graduate Fellowship
- University Of Illinois (UIC) Global Scholarships
- University Of Auckland Scholarships
- Victoria University Scholarship Scheme
Also, there are
- Athletic scholarships: This is for students who have strong physical and athletic skills. This scholarship includes every single sport. This scholarship is for adept and energetic athletes. Below are few common career fields by students:
- Qatar Airways National Scholarship Program, 2017
- UPOU Exchange Fellowship, 2017
- University of Stirling Undergraduate Sports scholarships, 2017-18
- Guangdong Government Outstanding Foreign Student Scholarship
- Bolashak International Scholarship, 2017
- Brand Scholarships: These scholarships is on sponsor by certain brands/companies. Below are few common career fields by students:
- Volvo Group Scholarships
- Facebook Emerging Scholar Program
- Liberty Power Bright Horizons Scholarships
- Google Scholarships for International students
- Bank of Canada- Women Master’s Scholarship Award in Economics and Finance
- Creative Contest Scholarships: If you have an artistic streak or you love to dance or have music is in your blood then scholarship will nurture the creative soul in you! Art, music, dance, drama scholarships are provided by many universities. Bring out the creativity in you! Below are few common career fields by students:
Top Scholarships Opportunities for international students to Study Abroad 2021
Below is the list of the top scholarships opportunities for international students to study abroad