Deutschland Stipendium Program At German Universities/Eligibility And Application Process
Are looking forward to studying in Germany? The Deutschland Stipendium Program application is currently open for international students who wish to pursue their academic studies in Germany. The Deutschland Stipendium Program is the largest public-private partnership scholarship program in Germany.
Moreover, it is open for outstanding international students across the globe who wish to pursue their undergraduate (bachelors) and Master’s degrees at any university in Germany. In this article, we provide all necessary information in detail about the Deutschland Stipendium Program, its eligibility requirements, benefits, and application guide.
About The Deutschland Stipendium Program
The Deutschland Stipendium Program offers financial and non-material support to high-achieving students all over the world. It has been awarded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research since 2011. The Deutschland Stipendium awards scholarships annually in the amount of 300 euros per month for international top class talent.
The federal republic funds half of the scholarship and private donors sponsor with the pledge of the other half .Many universities and private sponsors also support Deutschland Stipendium holders through concurrent mentoring programs, networking events and internships.
However, the scholarship program supports highly talented students at all participating universities in Germany. The Deutschland Stipendium Program is awarded without consideration of personal or parent income, and one’s nationality as well.
Furthermore, over approximately 28,200 German students received the Deutschland Stipendium in 2019. Also over 300 universities in Germany offer Deutschland Stipendium to eligible candidates. Moreover, students who receive this German scholarship are allowed to have other sources of income as well.
Recommended Opportunity: Fully Funded MEXT Scholarships in Japan For International Students
Moreover, here’s a brief description of the Deutschland Stipendium Program:
All participating German institutions of higher education
Partially funded scholarships
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in any course offered by the German universities
Number of Scholarships:
High-achieving international students across the globe who meet up with the eligibility criteria.
The deadline for the application of this program is university-dependent
Check Also: Fully Funded Schwarzman Scholarships in China For International Students
The Deutschland Stipendium Program awards the recipients with the following:
- Each scholar receives a monthly stipend of 300 euros, which 150 euros are funded by private sponsors and the other half by the Federal Government.
- The funding is normally granted for at least two semesters but may be provided for a maximum time which covers the standard duration of study.
- Moreover, the university reviews the scholarship holder at intervals of two semesters to determine whether the student still meets the award criteria. And also whether the private funding will continue to be available.
Eligibility Criteria For The Deutschland Stipendium Program
However, the candidates must meet up with the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply for the Deutschland Stipendium Program:
- The student must have an outstanding excellent academic results. In addition to that includes civic engagement and special personal achievements, which are actions that are not primarily aimed at one’s own advantage but at the benefit of the society and others in general.
- The scholarship is for students who are to enroll as in an undergraduate or Master’s degree program in a German university.
Read Also: Fully Funded US Fulbright Scholarship for International Students
However, follow the instructions outlined below for the Deutschland Stipendium Program application:
- Firstly, you will have to apply and enroll in a participating German university.
- Then, you will need to get in touch with the directly with the university for the application process, application deadline, supporting documents for application, and admission requirements.
- Moreover, the following documents are mandatory;
- Updated curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Copy of your bachelor’s degree (for Master’s degree candidates only)
- Proof of your academic performance
- Professional references and qualification
- Your application may be German or English language. There will be need for translation into German if your application documents are in a third language.
Additional Notes on The Deutschland Stipendium Program
In addition, below are important information for applicants:
- Above all, ensure to visit the official website of the scholarship provider for more information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions.
- The application deadline for this scholarship varies and is university-dependent. Therefore, make sure you apply on time.
Moreover, the German universities organize the selection process, select successful candidates and approach potential sponsors with financial assistance from the Federal Government.
The funding is awarded based on the student’s academic excellence, civic engagement, and other personalities. They will take all these into account during the selection process, in addition to the documents listed below:
- Proof of any societal, political, and personal involvement
- Proof of ay special personal, social, or familial circumstances
- Evidence of any vocational training or previous employment.
In conclusion, please ensure to refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below. For further information on the eligibility requirements and application process of this German scholarship.
Comments are closed.