Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2022 in France for International Students
Do you wish to pursue your academic studies abroad? Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students seeking to complete their postgraduate studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in France on a scholarship. Applications for the 2022 Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program are currently open to international students who wish to further their academic studies in France.
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program is a French Government scholarship program that is offered to international or foreign students who wish to enroll in a master’s or Ph.D. studies at any French educational institution. However, in this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you should know about the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program. From eligibility requirements to scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information on the scholarship program.
About the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their masters and Ph.D. programs.
It gives opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and applicants up to 30 years old from developing and industrialized countries at the Ph.D. level.
Moreover, the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program has two components:
- The master’s component offers 12 to 36 months of funding to enable scholarship holders to earn a master’s-level degree.
- The doctoral component supports up to 12 months of doctoral research in
France as part of a joint doctoral program.
However, the main purposes of the scholarship program are as follows:
- To train future foreign decision-makers in the private and public spheres in priority areas of study
- Attract applicants from developing countries to French master’s programs level and applicants from developing and industrialized countries to French doctoral programs.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program:
The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs
French Universities and higher Academic Institutions
Full funding scholarships
Level of Study:
French institutions nominating candidates for the Eiffel Program commit to admit
- Master’s degree program
- Engineering program
- Joint doctoral program (joint supervision of dissertation and/or dual
degree), in partnership with a partner institution abroad.
Field(s) of Study:
However, the two components (masters and doctorate) of the Eiffel scholarships are available or cover the following seven fields of study:
- Science and technology
- Biology and health
- Ecological transition
- Mathematics and digital
- Science and engineering
- Humanities and social sciences
- History, French language, and civilization
- Law and political sciences
- Economics and management
Master’s level: €1,181 per month
Ph.D. level: €1,700 per month
See the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Number of Awards:
7 January 2022 (annual)
For master’s level, the scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 12-24 months depending on the year of a master’s program. A maximum of 36 months for candidates entering an engineering program. While the scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 12 months for PhD-level studies.
Moreover, the scholarship program provides the recipients with the following inclusions:
For master’s level, the Eiffel scholarship provides the recipients with a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 plus a stipend of €150) and a monthly allowance of €1,700 for doctoral components. In addition, the following benefits are included: International air travel, train travel within France, local transportation, health insurance, and cultural activities. Moreover, scholarship holders may also be able to receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
Furthermore, note that the candidates must have begun their academic program at the French host institution to be able to receive the first installment of the scholarship. Also, the tuition charges are not covered by the Eiffel Scholarship Program.
The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs expects participating educational institutions, whose international visibility is enhanced by the Eiffel program, to provide awardees with the best possible financial support. As recipients of French government scholarships, awardees admitted to French universities and other public institutions are exempt from tuition charges.
Eligibility Requirements for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the Eiffel scholarship program. They are as follows:
- Nationality: The Eiffel Program is reserved for non-French nationals. Candidates
with two nationalities of which one is French are not eligible.
- Age: Candidates for the master’s component must be 25 or under at the time of the 2022 competition. That is, they must have been born after the 31 of March 1996. Candidates for the doctoral component must be 30 or under at the time of the 2022 competition; they must have been born after the 31 of March 1991.
Source of applications. Only applications submitted by French educational
institutions will be accepted. These institutions commit to admitting awardees to the academic program specified in the application. Applications from any other source shall not be considered. Any candidate nominated by more than one institution shall be disqualified.
- Academic levels targeted: Eiffel Program scholarships are intended for students
seeking to enroll in a master’s-level program in France (including at a school of
engineering) and for doctoral candidates. Only programs recognized by the French government are eligible. The Eiffel Program cannot be used at French-run programs abroad or in connection with apprenticeship contracts or professional training contracts.
- Scholarship conflicts: Applications nominating students who, at the time of
application, have already been awarded another French government scholarship will not be accepted, even if the other scholarship covered only health insurance.
- Master’s component: An application nominating a student rejected in a previous
competition will not be accepted, even if the application was submitted by a different institution or in another field of study. Students who have previously received an Eiffel master’s scholarship are not eligible to receive another at the master’s level.
- Doctoral component: Institutions may nominate for a doctoral scholarship a
candidate previously awarded a scholarship at the master’s level. Candidates
previously awarded a doctoral scholarship are not eligible to receive another. An application nominating a candidate rejected in a previous competition will not be
accepted, even if the application was submitted by a different institution or in another field of study.
- Language proficiency: When preselecting non-French-speaking candidates,
institutions shall ensure that the candidates’ language skills meet the requirements of the academic program.
- Geographic location: Master’s degree level candidates already studying in France are ineligible. While Doctoral level students enrolled in academic programs abroad have priority over students already in France.
How to Apply for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program
Moreover, follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Eiffel Scholarship Program:
However, applications for the scholarship program from students directly are not accepted. The applications are submitted by French Higher Education Institutions. Therefore, to apply for the Eiffel Scholarship, you must first submit an application for a master’s or doctorate program to a French university. Then, if you meet the requirements and you are selected, your application will be sent to Campus France for a second and final selection.
It is important that you read the Eiffel Program Guide for the 2022 academic session for more information on the eligibility requirements and how to apply for the scholarship.
Furthermore, here’s the application timeline or calendar for the scholarship program:
- Submission of online applications: week of 27 September 2021.
- Deadline for receipt of applications by Campus France: 7 January 2022.
- Publication of results: week of 4 April 2022.
You May Also Like:
- Radboud Scholarship Program 2022 in the Netherlands for International Students
- EPFL Excellence Fellowships 2022 in Switzerland
- International Excellence Scholarship at London Metropolitan University
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship program. This is because information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.