2022 Generation Google Scholarship (North America)
Are you a student or wish to be a student of computer science? Then, this is a great opportunity for you. Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students seeking to pursue their academic studies on a scholarship. Applications for the 2022 Generation Google Scholarship are currently open to students all over the world, who wish to pursue their academic studies in universities in the United States and Canada.
Moreover, the scholarship is open to students who wish to study or are studying computer science in either of the following North American countries. Which are the United States of America, and Canada. However, the 2022 Generation Google Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background.
Furthermore, in this article, we provide information in detail on everything you need to know about the Generation Google Scholarship. From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to the scholarship program.
About the Generation Google Scholarship
The Generation Google Scholarship was established to help aspiring students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. However, selected students will receive $10,000 USD (for those studying in the United States), or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2022-23 academic year.
Moreover, just as we mentioned earlier, the scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance.
However, the scholarship program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and strongly encourages students that identify with groups historically excluded from the technology industry. Including Women, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, to apply.
Furthermore, applicants are not required to currently be enrolled in an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program for the 2021/22 academic year to apply. However, recipients of one of the following Google Scholarships are not eligible to reapply for another scholarship. They are as follows: Generation Google Scholarship, Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming, Generation Google Scholarship: for supply chain and fulfillment, Google Lime Scholarship, Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, and Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming.
Moreover, here’s a brief summary of the Generation Google Scholarship:
Scholarship Host(s)/ Location:
Universities in the United States and Canada
Study/ Scholarship Level:
Undergraduates (Bachelor’s), Masters, and Ph.D.
Field(s) of Study:
Full-time bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
Scholarship Worth or Value:
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Students in either of the North American countries: the United States and Canada
The deadline to apply for the scholarship will be at 11:59 PM PT on Friday, December 10, 2021.
However, the Generation Google Scholarship program provides the recipients with the following inclusions:
Selected students will receive $10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2022-2023 school year.
You May Also Like:
- Holland Scholarships 2022/23 for Non-EEA International Students
- Harvard University Fully Funded Scholarship for International and African Students
- Switzerland Student Visa: Guidelines on How to Get a Student Visa for Switzerland
- Oxford Free Short Online Short Courses with Certificates at Oxford University
Eligibility Requirements for the Generation Google Scholarship
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply for the Google scholarship program. They are as follows:
- Applicants must intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a bachelor, master, or Ph.D. program at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Applicants must also be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Must demonstrate a strong academic record
- Demonstrate financial need
- Applicants must also exemplify leadership and passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer and technology.
How to Apply for the Generation Google Scholarship
Furthermore, follow the step by step guideline below to apply for the Google Scholarship program:
Firstly, you need to complete an online application which will include the following:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Family and household information
- Academic transcripts from your current (if you are currently enrolled) and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Responses to three short answer essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective academic peers (e.g. high school students compared to other high school students).
Scholarship application process:
After that, the essay questions will follow. The three short answer questions below are intended to assess your demonstrated leadership, commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and financial need. Moreover, each response to the three questions below should be 500 words or less.
- Firstly, you will need to give one example of how you have exhibited leadership. Explain what you were trying to achieve, your role, how you influenced others, and the impact as a result of your actions. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of the different communities you are a part of. However, keep in mind, that the example you choose does not need to be a formal or traditional leadership role.
- Secondly, you will have to give a significant challenge that impacts historically excluded groups in the fields of technology and what you believe is the root cause of this challenge. What actions have you taken to address this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales. Please focus at least half of your response on the actions you have taken.
- Thirdly, you will describe any financial circumstances affecting your need for the scholarship. In your answer, be sure to describe any obstacles you have overcome to get where you are today. What goals will this scholarship enable you to accomplish?
However, it is important that you visit the official website for more details on the requirements and application process for this scholarship program. Moreover, before you start the application, please have the PDF of the following documents ready for upload:
- Copy of your resume (if applicable, please include leadership positions, extracurricular activities, and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on your resume)
- A PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- A PDF copy of your three short-answer responses
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the requirements and application instructions for the Google Scholarship program. This is because information may change at any moment without notice.