Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships 2022/23 to Study in Belgium
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students who wish to further their postgraduate studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in Belgium on a scholarship. Applications for the Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships are currently open to international students seeking to enroll in a Belgian university for their master’s degree studies.
Moreover, the Flemish Ministry of Education awards scholarships for master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from around the world. The program aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as top study destinations.
However, in this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you need to know about the Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships. We will discuss the eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information on the scholarship program.
About the Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships
The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training awards scholarships for master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from around the world. A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8 400 + a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS).
Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The grant is paid in installments and covers accommodation costs, insurances, and a significant amount of their living expenses. However, the duration of mobility is one academic year for a master’s program of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master’s program of 120 ECTS.
Moreover, the incoming student will be awarded a maximum scholarship of €8 400 per academic year according to the details mentioned in the section Payment of the scholarship. The host institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee that equals the lowest rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student who receives a study grant from the Flemish government. The rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is €115,80.
Furthermore, there are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), and the USA (5). These countries are priority countries for the Flemish government. If a scholarship is not taken up, it is awarded to the candidate ranked highest by the Flemish selection committee.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Government of Flanders Mastermind scholarships:
Government of Flanders (the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training)
Flemish hosts institutions that participate in the Master Mind Scholarship Program.
- KU Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts:
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Click here for deadlines and more information on the participating institutions.
Full funding scholarships
Postgraduate (master’s degree) studies
Field(s) of Study:
Eligible master’s degree programs are offered at the participating Flemish institutions with the exception of preparatory programs, bridging programs, or distance learning.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
This scholarship program is available to international students from all countries. However, there are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), and the USA (5). These countries are priority countries for the Flemish government.
1 Feb-6 Apr 2022 (annual)
Furthermore, the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training provides the Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships recipients with the following inclusions:
A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8,400 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year. Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of a maximum of €115.80 per year for 2022/23.
The duration of mobility is one academic year for a master’s program of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master’s program of 120 ECTS.
Eligibility Requirements for the Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the Mastermind Scholarships program.
- Applications are open to students of all nationalities
- The applicant applies to take up a master’s degree program at a Flemish higher education institution.
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential (An overall minimum band score of 7.0 on the IELTS test)
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language (please see the official website using the link below for language requirements).
- The student has to be accepted by the host institution in order to receive the scholarship. This criterion applies even if the host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection for the Master Mind Scholarship program.
- Moreover, the previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
- The applicant can be nominated by only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
How to Apply for the Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships
Furthermore, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program.
However, students cannot apply directly. Therefore, you need to submit your application to the host institution. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Mastermind Scholarships
- Secondly, submit your application to the host institution
- Step three, the host institution preselects the eligible applications
- Then, the host institution starts the application process for the Mastermind Scholarships by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool
- You get an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying you of being preselected for a Mastermind Scholarship
- After that, you register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline. However, the documents to be uploaded are as follows:
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0)
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of the exemption provided by the host university
- Letter of motivation written in English
- Also, two recommendation letters from professors of your (previous) home university, university of applied sciences (and arts), or recent employer written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German, or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- Finally, the host institution validates and submits the completed application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline of midnight on April 29, 2022, GMT+1. Validated applications submitted after midnight on April 29, 2022, GMT+1 will not be accepted.
Furthermore, it is important to visit the official website and read the how to apply page for more details about this scholarship. Moreover, note the following:
However, if a student loses his/her scholarship, the student will have to pay the full tuition fee if he/she wants to continue the program without the scholarship.
Moreover, students should not combine this scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish government or an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
You May Also Like:
- Orange Knowledge Program 2022/23 to Study in the Netherlands
- Aston University College of Business and Social Sciences PhD Studentships
- Global Scholars Program 2022 at Babson College, USA
- Erling-Persson International Scholarships in Public Health 2022/23 at Umea University, Sweden
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more information on the requirements and application instructions for this scholarship program.