Study in Belgium 2023/24: KU Leuven International Masters Scholarships
Are you a student looking to further your academic studies abroad? Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students seeking to study abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Europe, specifically in Belgium on a scholarship. Applications for 2023/24 Ku Leuven International Masters Scholarships are currently open to international students who wish to enroll for their postgraduate studies in the Belgian educational institution.
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven offers a fully funded Science@Leuven scholarship for international students. Moreover, the Science@Leuven Scholarships are for motivated and talented international students who are interested in participating in an international master’s program of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven.
However, in this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you need to know about the KU Leuven International Masters Scholarships. From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important about the scholarship program.
About the KU Leuven International Masters Scholarships
The Faculty of Science and its alumni association Science@Leuven are proud to announce the Science@Leuven Scholarships. Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international master’s program of the Faculty of Science of KU Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship.
Moreover, the Science@Leuven Fund’s primary aim is to make grants available to motivated and talented foreign students who will follow an English-taught study program at the Faculty of Science at KU Leuven. The Fund strives for a proportional distribution of the number of scholarship students over the various master’s programs.
About the KU Leuven
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (or KU Leuven) is a Catholic research university in the city of Leuven, Belgium. It conducts teaching, research, and services in computer science, engineering, natural sciences, theology, humanities, medicine, law, canon law, business, and social sciences.
Moreover, the KU Leuven was founded in 1425. it has been a center of learning for almost six centuries. Today, it is Belgium’s highest-ranked university as well as one of the oldest and most renowned universities in Europe. KU Leuven is an institution for research and education with international appeal. All programs at this University are based on the innovative research of its scientists and professors.
As a leading European research university and co-founder of the League of European Research Universities (LERU), KU Leuven offers a wide variety of research-based programs of study in English. These programs are supported by high-quality interdisciplinary research carried out at both the university and its internationally acclaimed hospitals.
However, a degree from KU Leuven is highly valued around the world, giving you a competitive edge. The ECTS quality label guarantees that all credits obtained at KU Leuven are fully transferable. Furthermore, KU Leuven is consistently ranked among the top 100 universities globally. KU Leuven is one of the top Public universities in Leuven, Belgium. It is ranked #=70 in QS Global World Rankings 2022.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the KU Leuven International Masters Scholarships (Science@Leuven Scholarships):
Science@Leuven Fund (Faculty of Science KU Leuven)
Katholieke Universiteit (KU) Leuven in Belgium
Full funding scholarships
Master’s (MS) Degree
Field(s) of Study:
Eligible international master’s degree program under the Faculty of Science at KU Leuven. Click here for the full list of study programs.
Scholarship Value/ Worth:
Up to 10.000 Euro. See the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Number of Awards:
15th of February 2023 (annual)
Furthermore, KU Leuven International Masters Scholarships (Science@Leuven Scholarships) provide the recipients with the following inclusions:
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance, and basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Most master programs of the Faculty of Science are two-year programs. The scholarship for the second master’s year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results in the first master’s year.
Eligibility Requirements for the KU Leuven International Masters Scholarships
However, applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply for Science@Leuven Scholarships:
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants have a bachelor’s degree from a non-Belgian university that gives them access to the master’s program they are applying for,
- applicants have not yet acquired a master’s degree or a Ph.D.,
- the applicants can prove excellent study results during their former training. The applicants are expected to obtain at least Distinction during their studies at KU Leuven,
- applicants can prove very strong knowledge of English ( TOEFL (minimum score of 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking, and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score of 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing),
- applicants show strong motivation to follow a master’s program at the Faculty of Science of KU Leuven,
- the applicants are willing to act as ambassadors for the program.
Note: Please do not apply if you do not meet all the requirements.
How to Apply for the KU Leuven International Masters Scholarship
Moreover, follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarships:
- Firstly, you will have to apply for the master’s program of your choice through the application tool of KU Leuven. Please ensure to read the application instructions for the master’s program carefully.
- Then, upload the following information below via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation of the meaning of the scores;
- provide a short (about one-half to one page) description of the courses from your previous/current program that you deem most relevant as a preparation for the master program that you are considering.
- also, two reference letters from internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the program.
- When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s program, you will get a message on the screen that you successfully submitted the application.
- IMPORTANT! Take a screenshot of this message. You will have to upload the screenshot when you register for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship via this link.
- your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
Furthermore, it is important to read the instructions on the scholarship application page and visit the official website to access the application form and for more detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the KU Leuven International Masters Scholarships (Science@Leuven Scholarships). This is because information can change at any moment without notice.