Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2021-2022/Fully Funded Scholarships in Commonwealth Countries
Are you looking forward to getting a fully funded scholarship to pursue your academic studies? Here’s an opportunity for you to study for a two-year Master’s degree in low or middle-income commonwealth countries as applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships are still open.
However, in this article, we will provide information in detail about the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships, its benefits, eligibility requirements, and application requirements. Moreover, below is the list of subtopics or guidelines on everything you need to know about this scholarship program.
About The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
The QECS is named in the honor of Her Majesty The Queen, head of the Commonwealth and ACU Patron. The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships are fully funded and supported by numerous Commonwealth governments. However, the QECS is aimed at students committed to contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and making an impact on the changes in their community.
Moreover, the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships are life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime. Furthermore, through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, the QECS scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them.
Moreover, here’s a brief description or summary of the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships:
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Sponsor(s):
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
Partner universities of the QECS, they include:
- IBMBB, University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- The University of the South Pacific
- Fiji National University
- University of Johannesburg
- Rhodes University
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Venda
- North-West University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Pretoria
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- University of Namibia
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Two years of Master’s degrees in eligible courses at the partner universities outlined above. However, some of the eligible courses at each respective university are listed below:
The University of The South Pacific (USP), Fiji:
- MA Linguistics
- MA Geography
- LLM Law
- MA History
- MA Literature
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education
- MA Psychology
- MA Mathematics
- MSc Engineering
- MSc Physics
- MCom Population Studies and Demography
- MCom Professional Accounting
- MSc Computing Science
- MSc Information Systems
Papua New Guinea University of Technology, Papua New Guinea:
- MSc Agriculture
- MSc Applied Physics
- MEng Mechanical Engineering
- MTech Exploration Geophysics
- Master of Communication Studies
- MEng Civil Engineering
- MEng Communication Engineering
North-West University, South Africa:
- MA History
- MA Music
- MSc Astrophysics
- MSc Environmental Science
- MA Development Studies
- MA International Relations
- MSc Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- MSc Pharmaceutics
Stellenbosch University, South Africa:
- MSc Psychology
- MSc Psychiatry
- MEng Engineering (Chemical Engineering)
Institute of Biochemistry Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Colombo. Sri Lanka:
- MSc Molecular Life Sciences
- MSc Cellular and Molecular Immunology
Click here to view the full list of eligible courses at each university.
Fully funded scholarships
Number of Scholarships:
Citizens and individuals who hold a refugee status in Commonwealth countries
However, the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships provides the recipients with the following:
- The QECS provides for fully funded tuition fees,
- A stipend for living expenses, throughout the duration of the award.
- Moreover, it also covers return economy flights to and from the host country.
- An arrival allowance.
- Research support grant. Which the QECS will only provide on request, and subject to approval.
Recommended Opportunity: US Fulbright Foreign Students Program (Fully Funded Scholarships in USA)
Eligibility Requirements For The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Above all, the student must meet up with the following criteria in order to be eligible for the QECS:
- Applicants must be citizens or those with a refugee status in Commonwealth countries.
- Moreover, the applicants can only apply for two years Master’s degree program offered at partner universities in a commonwealth country.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a Commonwealth country other than their home country.
- They must have already completed their bachelor’s degree and graduated with the equivalent of 2:1 before applying.
- Also, there’s no age restrictions for the QECS award.
- Furthermore, the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships award cannot be used to sponsor a course that has already been started, but only for new students.
However, follow the step by step guide below for your Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Application:
- Most importantly, before submitting the application ensure to review the available courses and entry requirements at the respective partner university you will be applying to.
- Firstly, you will have to directly via the partner institution you wish to study at provided in the official website of the scholarship provider, by clicking the apply now link found on the page.
- Moreover, remember to read the requirements of the course you wish to study before applying.
- Then after clicking on the apply now link found on the page, you will be redirected to another page to create a MyACU account. This is to enable you save a draft application, and log back in to view your application status after submitting it.
You can apply for the QECS by clicking on this link.
In addition, the application form consists of the following sections:
- Personal details
- Academic and employment record
- Course at host university details
- Upload supporting documents
Additional Notes on The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Moreover, the application deadline for the QECS award is on 10th June 2021. Also, in addition to the QECS application process, the statement section is formed of three main statements which applicants need to provide.
Above all, make sure review the available courses and entry requirements before applying. You will have to select a course that is offered at the university you select at the start of the form for your application, otherwise it will not be counted.
In conclusion, please visit the official website of the scholarship provider for more information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions using the link below. This because information may changed at any moment without notification.