Swedish Institute Scholarships 2022/23 for Global Professionals
Are you a graduate student seeking to study abroad? Here’s a fantastic scholarship for international students who wish to pursue their academic studies abroad. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in Sweden on a fully-funded scholarship. Applications for 2023/24 Swedish Institute Scholarships are now open to international students who wish to enroll for their postgraduate studies in Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities.
Moreover, the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) is a new scholarship program that replaces the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS). The scholarship program target highly-qualified students with the ambition to become a leader within their field of expertise, contributing to global sustainable development. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, this article will provide detailed information on everything you need to know about the Swedish Institute Scholarships. From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and other important information on the scholarship program.
About the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders who contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions. In 2023 the Swedish Institute will grant about 300 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs funds the scholarship program. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
Moreover, the Swedish Institute Scholarship program targets ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region. However, applicants should also have a clear idea of how the study program in Sweden would benefit their home country or region. Priority will be given to applicants with a solid and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals:
Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities
Field(s) of Study:
Applicants must apply for master’s degree programs eligible for Swedish Institute Scholarships. Priority is given to programs within specific subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
In 2023 the Swedish Institute will grant about 300 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russian Federation; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
28th February 2023
Moreover, the Swedish Institute provides the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
- Full tuition fee coverage. Swedish Institute pays the fee directly to your Swedish university at the beginning of each semester.
- Monthly payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- One-time travel grant of SEK 10,000-15,000 (only for scholarship holders living outside Sweden).
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period ends, you become a Swedish Institute Alumni Network member. You get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development as a member. The local networks operate worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs. The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it be transferred to a study program other than the awarded master’s program.
Furthermore, the scholarship does not cover additional grants for family members and application fees for university admissions.
Eligibility Requirements for the Swedish Institute Scholarships
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program:
- You must be a citizen of a country eligible for SI scholarships.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, follow University Admissions steps, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by the 30th of March 2023.
- The master’s programs you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We prioritize programs within specific subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or civil society engagements.
There are other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more. Read the complete eligibility criteria on the official website for more details.
How to Apply for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
Furthermore, follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the SI Scholarships program:
- Firstly, you will have to apply for a master’s program. Apply for up to four eligible master’s programs at universityadmissions.se by 16 January 2023.
- You will get a personal application number of eight digits once you have submitted your application for the master’s program. You should save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
- Then submit your receipt of the application fee and the supporting documents required by University Admissions before 10th February 2023. The fee is non-refundable.
- After you have completed your application to a master’s program, you can apply for an SI scholarship.
- Submit the required documents digitally through the SI online application portal. The portal is open from 10 February at 00:01 until 28 February 2023 at 14:59 CET. Access will be available on the official webpage during the application period.
- The supporting documents required for the scholarship application are as follows:
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Moreover, it is essential to visit the official website for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and how to apply for the Swedish Institute Scholarships program.
By 30th March 2023, you will receive your notification of selection results from University Admissions. Swedish Institute will receive the admission results directly from University Admissions, including your personal information. There are no scholarships available for late admissions. Only admitted applicants to one of the eligible master’s programs by 30th March 2023, including those who are conditionally admitted, will be considered further for an SI scholarship.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for this scholarship program. This is because information can change at any moment without notice.