University of Sydney Scholarships 2022/23 in Australia
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students looking to pursue their academic studies abroad. Such a great opportunity awaits you if you’re have been dreaming of studying in Australia. Applications for the University of Sydney Scholarships 2022/23 are currently open to international students seeking to pursue their postgraduate studies in the Australian educational institution.
Moreover, the University of Sydney offers a wide range of scholarships options from partial to full funding to support international students in their postgraduate studies in the university. However, in this article, we provide information in detail about the University of Sydney Scholarships, eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to the University of Sydney Scholarships.
About The University of Sydney Scholarships
The University of Sydney Scholarships offers a $35,629 yearly scholarship to support high-quality international postgraduate students to study a master’s by research or Ph.D. However, The University of Sydney ( shortened as USYD), is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. The institution is Australia’s first university, established in 1850, and is also regarded as one of the top universities globally.
Moreover, the University of Sydney is recognized globally as a leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate employability. The institution’s excellence in research and teaching makes the University of Sydney one of the top universities in Australia and highly and consistently ranked among the best universities in the world. However, the USYD is one of the first universities in the world to admit students solely on academic merit.
Furthermore, in terms of notable alumni, the university has educated seven Australian prime ministers, two governors-general of Australia, nine state governors and territory administrators, and 24 justices of the High Court of Australia, including four chief justices. The university has produced 110 Rhodes Scholars and 19 Gates Scholars and is associated with 5 Nobel laureates as graduates and faculty.
However, regardless of the field of study, the students will get the opportunities and support to undertake internships and work placements with industry leaders to ensure they graduate is ready for work.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the University of Sydney Scholarships:
University of Sydney, Australia
University of Sydney, Australia
Postgraduate (master’s and Ph.D.) studies
Field(s) of Study:
Any master’s by research or Ph.D. degrees or courses offered by the university
Partial/full funding scholarships
Scholarship Value or Worth:
See scholarship benefits or inclusions in the next section of this article
Number of Awards:
The USYD Scholarships is open to citizens of all country across the globe
Scholarship Benefits or Inclusions
However, the University of Sydney Scholarships provides the recipients or successful candidates with the following inclusions:
- The University of Sydney Scholarships provides coverage for the student’s tuition fees and a living allowance. Which is for the duration of the study program, it may be up to three years and probably one semester’ extension for Ph.D. students.
- Moreover, the scholarship amount value is $35,629 per annum
Eligibility Requirements for University of Sydney Scholarships
Moreover, you must meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the USYD Scholarships. However, the candidate must:
- be a commencing or enrolled international student at the University of Sydney
- have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential
- have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master’s by research or Ph.D. at the University of Sydney.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Be an international student commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
- Also not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
Read Also: Study in Australia for International Students: Student Visa Australia and things to know before Studying in Australia
How to Apply for The University of Sydney Scholarships
However, follow the step-by-step guidelines below to apply for the USYD Scholarships. They are as follows:
- Firstly, all applications for the University of Sydney Scholarships are done online. Then, primarily you will need to apply for admission into the university by choosing a degree. Moreover, you must complete your application for admission in postgraduate research to the relevant faculty, and select the checkbox to be considered for research scholarships
- Secondly, you will not need a separate application for the scholarship. Therefore, ensure your application includes all relevant supporting documents. However, some of the documentation requirements include:
- Official academic transcripts in the original language and English translation.
- English language qualifications if English is not your first language.
- Curriculum Vitae or resume.
- Final research proposal. In conjunction with your supervisor, you’ll finalize your research proposal of up to 2000 words, covering the objectives and significance of your research.
- Two referee report
- Furthermore, you will only need the following documents if you’re an international student. They are as follows:
- A student visa
- To pay an initial tuition fee before you accept your offer
- To pay a non-refundable application processing fee of A$125. This fee is waived if you’re a sponsored student, or if you are granted an exemption by a University staff member during an office interview or recruitment event. If you would like to apply through an authorized University of Sydney agent, we have partnered with a range of authorized agents who can apply to the University and make arrangements on your behalf.
However, click here for more details on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the University of Sydney Scholarships.
However, the University of Sydney Scholarships are highly competitive and are based on academic merit. Therefore, you will generally need to have an outstanding academic record, and any research publications will also be highly regarded.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the requirements and application instructions on University of Sydney Scholarships. As information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.