University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) for International Students
Are you a student seeking a master’s education abroad? Here’s another outstanding scholarship on offer to international students who wish to study abroad. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in the Netherlands. Applications for the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) are currently open to international students who want to do their master’s education at one of the leading schools in the Netherlands.
Moreover, the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for outstanding students from EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries. The latter are applying for a graduate program (MSc) at the University of Twente in the Netherlands. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will provide detailed information about everything you need to know about the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS). From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and other important information about the Scholarship program.
About the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries applying for a graduate program(MSc) at the University of Twente. The students receive between € 3,000 and € 22,000 for one year.
Moreover, the University of Twente is a public technical university in Enschede, Netherlands. Established in 1961, the UT collaborates with the Delft University of Technology, the Eindhoven University of Technology, and the Wageningen University and Research Centre under the umbrella of 4TU and is also a partner in the European Consortium of Innovative Universities (ECIU).
Furthermore, multiple central rankings have placed the university in the top 250 universities worldwide. In addition, UT was ranked the best technical university in the Netherlands by Keuzegids Universiteiten, the most significant national university ranking.
However, here’s an overview of the University of Twente Scholarships:
The University of Twente, the Netherlands
The University of Twente, the Netherlands
Scholarship/ Study Level:
Field(s) of Study:
Qualifying master’s degree programs are offered at the University of Twente. They are as follows:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental and Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology, and Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
Up to €22,000 per annum. See the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Number of Awards:
Approximately 50 scholarships
The scholarship offer is open to international students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries
1st February 2023 and 1st May 2023.
However, the scholarship value ranges from € 3,000 to € 22,000 for one year. In the case of a two-year study program, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must obtain the following:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
Moreover, remember that this scholarship serves as compensation for study-related costs. It is up to the scholarship recipient to decide how to spend the money. No costs, such as tuition fees, will be paid on your behalf.
Eligibility Requirements for the University of Twente Scholarships
However, applicants will have to meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for UTS. The requirements are as follows:
- Application for a UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programs starting in the academic year 2023/2024 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate program;
- Moreover, you must have a student number.
- You also comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- Also, you comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class.
How to Apply for the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
Furthermore, follow the step-by-step guidelines below to apply for the UTS:
Firstly, you will have to apply for a Master’s program. Once you apply for a Master’s program and receive a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number. UTS is unavailable for Dutch and current University of Twente students. The UTS is not available for Master’s programs at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC). The UTS is not available for the pre-Master program.
You can click here to file or start the online application process for the scholarship program.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for details on requirements and application instructions for the University of Twente Scholarships.