Why Study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan …? The Benefits and How To Apply
Kyrgyzstan, nicknamed the hidden gem of Asia, has truly been a hidden destination for quality medical education. However, in recent years, the country has emerged out to be quite a peculiar student of India seeking medical education abroad in the past few years. Kyrgyzstan ranks as one of the top choices for medical education among Indian students.
Why Study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan?
The country of Kyrgyzstan is a landlocked country in Central Asia with a relatively low population. Kyrgyzstan’s culture is vibrant and conducive to Indian students studying there. MBBS students who are looking for options outside of their country should consider studying in Kyrgyzstan.
Geographically, Kyrgyzstan is a picturesque land-locked country covered with beautiful Tien-Shen and Pamir-Alay mountain ranges, numerous glaciers, and lakes. The climate of the country is generally sunny. The climate is continental type with cool and frosty winters, warm and scorching sunny summers.
The major transports which can be accessed while traveling in big cities and even in small cities are buses, taxis, Marshutkas, and trolleybuses. The prices of public transport are relatively low as fuel is cheaper in Kyrgyzstan. The culture of the country is influenced by nomadic traditions. The country’s handicrafts like Shyrdaks (rug), Tush Kyiz (traditional wedding memoir), Yurts (houses made of wood and felt), etc are some of the global signatures of the country.
The country maintains high access to primary and basic secondary education for many years. Medical universities are gaining immense popularity among international students lately.
MBBS in Kyrgyzstan For Indian Students:
|Duration||5 years + 1 yr of mandatory internship|
|Required Score In PCB (Class-12)||50%|
|Medium Of Instruction||English|
|Recognitions||NMC/MCI & WHO|
|Tuition Fees||~14,000-20,000 USD|
|Avg. Cost Of Living||~ USD 200- USD 300|
The total duration of the course in Kyrgyzstan included 5 years of vigorous studies followed by a year of mandatory internship. The entire duration of the course includes the vehement practices of the classroom as well as that of clinical practices. Though the language of local use all over the country is Russian or Kyrgyz, the classroom features English as the medium of instruction for all the teaching and learning processes.
Medical education in Kyrgyzstan is particularly known for a feasible fee structure at the university for high-quality education and affordable cost of living. MD is the degree awarded to students upon successful completion of their six-year course of general medicine. MD is the equivalent of India’s MBBS degree.
What Are The Advantages Of Studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan?
Here is the list of things You will know under the Pros on Why Study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
- Globally Recognized Degrees-
- Economical Cost of Education & Living-
- Indian Food-
- Advanced learning techniques-
- Excellent Student-Teacher Ratio-
- Medium of Instruction-
- quality education at an affordable cost
- Great Practical Exposure-
- Favorable climatic conditions-
- No Additional Entrance Exam-
1. Globally Recognized Degrees-
Medical degrees awarded by Kyrgyzstan’s top medical schools are recognized internationally, as they are listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS) and the National Medical Commission (NMC), erstwhile Medical Council Of India (MCI)…
2. Economical Cost of Education & Living-
Studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for a complete 5-year program costs just a fraction of what India charges per year. Kyrgyzstan has a lower tuition fee than other countries but also lower costs of travel, accommodation rental, and food.
3. Indian Food-
You will get Indian food cooked by Indian chefs on the hostel campus. You will get dishes such as dal, chapati, rice, etc. Both veg and non-veg food will be available.
4. Advanced learning techniques-
There are many foreign countries that offer modern and better learning techniques to educate the present generation. These new learning techniques attract the present generation to opt for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. Medical Universities of Kyrgyzstan, have modern laboratories with world-class facilities which provide a good atmosphere for doing research.
5. Excellent Student-Teacher Ratio-
Though the student-teacher ratio is always skewed in Indian colleges, in Kyrgyzstan, it is excellent for the students i.e. 1:12. Here they get a chance for personal guidance- one on one with the skilled faculty members, thus allowing teachers to give individualized attention to each student.
6. Medium of Instruction-
In all the Top Medical Universities of Kyrgyzstan, English is used as a medium of instruction, which reduces the chances of the language barrier in the entire academic duration. Students studying MBBS in medical universities of Kyrgyzstan are also taught the local language so that they will not face any issues in their clinical rotations; where they have to communicate with the local patients.
7. Reputed Medical Universities of Kyrgyzstan offer quality education at an affordable cost for a longer period of time.
8. Great Practical Exposure-
Practicing theoretical knowledge at good hospitals is a very important part of your academics. Students will have great practical exposure at various associated hospitals of the Top Medical Universities in Kyrgyzstan.
9. Favourable climatic conditions-
Climatic conditions are favorable in Kyrgyzstan, especially for Indian students, as it is identical to the climate of North India.
10. No Additional Entrance Exam-
All medical aspirants from India who wanted to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan get direct admission for MBBS without any additional entrance examinations. You are not required to pass any entrance exam for studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan or during your studies in Kyrgyzstan.
Challenges Of Studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
- Though the students may find many medical universities in Kyrgyzstan, there are very few of them that maintain the required standard of education. Therefore, finding medical institutions in Kyrgyzstan that is cheap is easy whereas finding one that provides the quality is extremely difficult.
- Kyrgyzstan’s weather isn’t for everyone. Approximately three months per year, the temperature drops below zero degrees. The months of December through February usually experience snowfall. Because of the cold weather, some students find it difficult to settle down in Kyrgyzstan.
- Kyrgyzstan had a passing percentage of 18% between 2012-14. In comparison, Ukraine and Russia passed at a lower rate, and the Philippines and Bangladesh passed at a lower rate.
- Some universities in Kyrgyzstan charge about? 23-25 lakh. MBBS in Ukraine and MBBS in Russia are almost the same in budget. It is one of the main disadvantages of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
Top Medical Universities in Kyrgyzstan:
- Osh State University
- Jalalabad State University
- International School Of Medicine
- Kyrgyz Russian Slavic University
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
- Asian Medical Institute
Studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan can surely be a good choice if you are seeking affordable fees. There are many universities that are well renowned across the globe. The country is a little isolated from the mainstream world and is still continuously developing. Many times, the country gives an image of countryside living. Medical universities of Kyrgyzstan have a lot to offer to the Indian students, however, it is up to the students to milk out the opportunities. and for more details mail us at [email protected] or visit The nearest office for free personal counseling.