2022/23 Aix-Marseille University TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students to begin their academic adventure abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in France on a scholarship. Applications for the Aix-Marseille University TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships are now open to international postgraduate students who wish to start their program at the university.
The Aix-Marseille University is inviting intellectual and outstanding master’s students to apply for the TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships. The university will finance international students with excellent backgrounds to join the ranks of these entities by combining teaching, innovation, and high-level research. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the Aix-Marseille University TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships 2022. The scholarship benefits, eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Aix-Marseille University TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships
Aix-Marseille University has made international mobility and the welcome of international students a pillar of its internationalization policy. It has, therefore, set up a unique scholarship system to finance excellent students wishing to enroll at the university. Moreover, from the beginning of the new academic year, 16 master’s programs will be able to award these scholarships to their best international candidates.
Within the framework of the TIGER project (Transforming and Innovating in Graduate Education via Research) financed by the French government’s Plan d’Investissement d’Avenir, Aix-Marseille Université has set up a number of measures to further increase its internationalization. Aix-Marseille Université has chosen its institutes, the true expression of the university’s interdisciplinary dimension, to anchor these new measures.
Meanwhile, the TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships are awarded under selection by Aix-Marseille University to Master’s level students enrolled in one of the 16 selected programs from the beginning of the 2022/2023 academic year. Furthermore, from the start of the 2022/2023 academic year, the university is going to finance international students with excellent backgrounds to join the ranks of these entities by combining teaching, innovation, and high-level research.
About the University
Aix-Marseille University (AMU; French: Aix-Marseille Université; formally incorporated as Université d’Aix-Marseille) is a public research university located in the Provence region of southern France. It was founded in 1409 when Louis II of Anjou, Count of Provence, petitioned the Pisan Antipope Alexander V to establish the University of Provence.
However, the university came into its current form on 1 January 2012 following a merger of the University of Provence, the University of the Mediterranean, and Paul Cézanne University. The merger made AMU the largest university in the French-speaking world in terms of student numbers and also endowment. That is to say, AMU has the largest budget of any academic institution in the Francophone world, standing at €750 million, and also with about 80,000 students.
Moreover, the university has five campuses located in Aix-en-Provence and Marseilles. The university is headquartered in the 7th arrondissement of Marseille. It has 19 faculties and 12 doctoral schools and offers about 600 courses across the disciplines, including arts, literature, social sciences, science, and technology.
Furthermore, AMU also has more than 500 hundred research and teaching partnerships, collaborating closely with such institutions as the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and the French Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies Commission (CEA). Some programs are also taught in both French and English for international students, of which there are more than 10,000.
Meanwhile, AMU has produced many notable alumni in the fields of law, politics, business, science, academia, and arts. To date, there have been four Nobel Prize laureates amongst its alumni and faculty, as well as a two-time recipient of the Pulitzer Prize, four César Award winners, multiple heads of state or government, parliamentary speakers, government ministers, ambassadors, and members of the constituent academies of the Institut de France.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Aix-Marseille University TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships:
Aix-Marseille University, France
Aix-Marseille University, France
Postgraduate (master’s) degree
Field(s) of Study:
The application for TIGER scholarships is automatic when you apply for one of the programs listed below:
- In Science, Master in/of:
- Microbiology, Integrative and Fundamental Microbiology track
- Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies, Nanoscale and quantum engineering (NQE) / Nano-ingénierie et dispositifs quantiques (NDQ) track
- Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies (co-accredited with the Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne – Campus de Gardanne), Chemical Nano Engineering (CNE) track (Erasmus Mundus)
- Physics, Europhotonics (Erasmus Mundus)
- Physics, FunPhys
- Mechanics, Fluids, and Solids
- Mathematics and Applications – Computer Science, Computer Science, and Discrete Mathematics track
- Integrative Biology and Physiology (BIP)
- In Medical and paramedical sciences:
- Master of Public Health, Quantitative and Econometric Methods for Health Research (MQERS)
- Master of Public Health Societies Development (SPSD)
- In Arts, Letters, Languages, and Human Sciences:
- Master’s degree in Archaeology, sciences for archaeology, Monarch course
- Master’s degree in geography, planning, environment, and development: Geomatics and spatial modeling
- In Sciences of the Universe and the Environment, Master’s degree in:
- Biodiversity, Ecology, and Evolution (BEE), Biodiversity: functions and conservation course
- Environmental Management, MAEVA course – Management of the Environment, Valuation, and Analysis
- Marine Sciences, courses in Biological Oceanography and Marine Ecology (OBEM)
- Marine Sciences, Physical and Biogeochemical Oceanography (OPB)
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Domestic and international students
Moreover, Aix-Marseille University will provide the TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships recipients with the following inclusions:
Being awarded a TIGER scholarship means receiving financial support, accommodation, and a personalized welcome:
- Aix-Marseille University will finance you up to €10,000 for one academic year.
- Aix-Marseille University books a room for you in a CROUS university residence.
Eligibility Requirements for Aix-Marseille University TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships
Furthermore, applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program:
- All international students are eligible to apply
- Applicants must be admitted to an eligible program applied at AMU
- Also, applicants must hold a french or foreign bachelor’s degree or diploma equivalent to Bac + 3 with basic skills in a relevant field of study
- Applicants must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TCF/DELF/DALF B1 level
- IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC/university certificate equivalent to B2 level.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Aix-Marseille University TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships:
For the 2022/2023 academic year, the application for TIGER scholarships is automatic when you apply (via the Etudes en France or eCandidat platforms) for one of the master’s programs mentioned above.
Then, with your acceptance letter, you will receive a notification whether you have been selected for the TIGER Excellence Scholarship.
However, prospective students should refer to the relevant track page and may contact the academic head for any questions.
Please note that being accepted for a TIGER scholarship does not exempt students from paying tuition fees to the university. Non-EU applicants, please refer to our page Tuition fees for non-EU students.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the scholarship.