Fully Funded Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships at University of Sheffield
Another excellent scholarship is offered to international students who wish to study abroad. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in the United Kingdom on a fully-funded scholarship. Applications for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarship are currently open to international students to study at the University of Sheffield for the 2023/24 academic session in the United Kingdom.
The University of Sheffield, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is offering four scholarships per year targeted at international students from developing countries for several courses affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development. However, keep on reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship.
Meanwhile, this article will explain everything you need about the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarship. The eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and other necessary information on the scholarship program.
About the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Scholarship
The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to international development. Building on this commitment, the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer three scholarships per year targeted at international students from developing countries for several courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
The University of Sheffield (informally Sheffield University or TUOS) is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. Its history traces back to the foundation of Sheffield Medical School in 1828, Firth College in 1879, and Sheffield Technical School in 1884. The University of Sheffield was founded by the merger of the three colleges in 1905, although it was first established in 1897.
Moreover, the University of Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. The University is a red brick university and a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching. It currently has 28,000 students enrolled from over 120 countries. Today the university teaches almost 30,000 students, including over 9,000 international students from 140 countries, and employs approximately 8,000 staff. Its academic departments are divided into five faculties: arts and humanities, engineering, medicine, dentistry and health, science, and social sciences.
The University of Sheffield boasts five Nobel Prize winners in its departments and six Queen’s Anniversary Prizes.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarship:
The University of Sheffield, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
Sheffield Institute for International Development, University of Sheffield, UK
Full funding scholarships
Field(s) of Study:
- International Development MA
- International Development (Masters in Public Health) MPH
- Environmental Change and International Development MSc
- International Law and Global Justice LLM
- International Political Economy MA
- Global Journalism MA
- International Public and Political Communication MA
- Intercultural Communication MA
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Four scholarships per year
5th May 2023
International students from the following countries:
The central African Republic
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
The Democratic Republic of the Congo
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
The Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza Strip
Furthermore, the scholarship recipients will be provided with the following inclusions:
There are three scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
Nonetheless, applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program:
- It would help if you held an offer by 5th May 2023 for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in the 2023/24 academic year.
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- Moreover, it would be best to be self-funded to receive this award, i.e., not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity, or any similar organization.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded any other funding awards from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full-time.
- It would be best to begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2023. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2023.
- You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories (listed above).
How to Apply
Moreover, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program:
You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories. The deadline for admissions is 5th May 2023.
If you’re considered for the scholarship, then your course application will be assessed by a panel that will decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process. Afterward, if you are selected for the next stage, you will receive an invitation before 18th May to apply for the scholarship. However, if you don’t receive an invitation by this date, unfortunately, you have not been selected for the academic session.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below to access the application form. And for more detailed information on this scholarship’s requirements and application instructions.