Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarship for International Students 2022
Are you an international student looking to study abroad in 2022/23? Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students to begin their study adventure abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Australia on a scholarship. Applications for Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarship are now open to international students to study in the country for the 2022/23 academic session.
The scholarship program is available to international students to study undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in any field of study. Moreover, the program promotes international education and training. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarship. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarship
Study in Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarships is provided by the Northern Territory (NT) Government and education providers to talented international students to study in Australia’s Northern Territory.
Moreover, the scholarship program is currently accessible to all international students wanting to study in Australia’s Northern Territory. Meanwhile, the scholarship is to reduce the fees for the international student’s first semester or year of tuition with the education provider.
Furthermore, the Northern Territory (commonly abbreviated as NT; formally the Northern Territory of Australia) is an Australian territory in the central and central northern regions of Australia. Also, the Northern Territory shares its borders with Western Australia to the west, South Australia to the south, and Queensland to the east. To the north, the territory looks out to the Timor Sea, the Arafura Sea, and the Gulf of Carpentaria, including Western New Guinea and other islands of the Indonesian archipelago.
Moreover, the Northern Territory has one university which opened in 1989 under the name of the Northern Territory University. However, now renamed the Charles Darwin University, it had about 19,000 students enrolled: about 5,500 higher education students and about 13,500 students in vocational education and training (VET) courses. Meanwhile, the first tertiary institution in the territory was the Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education which was established in the mid-1960s.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarship:
Northern Territory (NT) Government
Meanwhile, the following education providers offer the Study in Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarships:
- Higher education scholarship:
- Charles Darwin University
- Canterbury Institute of Management
- Vocational education and training scholarship
- Alana Kaye College
- Australian Institute of Electro Technology
- International House Darwin
- Darwin City College.
Tuition fee award
Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees
Field(s) of Study:
All eligible undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs that are offered at the aforementioned participating educational institutions
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Moreover, the Northern Territory (NT) Government will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
The scholarships are valued at:
- higher education: $12 000
- vocational education and training: $7500.
However, the scholarship amount is for your first semester or year of tuition fees with your education and training provider.
Furthermore, you will have to meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarship.
- submit your completed application to a participating NT education and training provider, view providers in the where you apply section below
- have applied and obtained an offer of admission to study in the NT
- have a demonstrated record of academic excellence, community engagement, and leadership
- meet the NT education or training provider’s academic and English entry criteria
- be planning to move to the NT from interstate or overseas
- not already be studying in the NT, or with an NT education provider
- not hold any other scholarship
- have submitted a completed scholarship application form to your NT education provider, and
- also, you must not hold current Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident, or New Zealand citizenship.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for Australia’s Northern Territory Scholarship:
Firstly, to apply for this scholarship program, you will have to fill in the application form and submit it to the education provider that you have received an offer of admission.
- Study in Australia’s Northern Territory application (pdf 137kb)
- Study in Australia’s Northern Territory application (Docx 59kb)
Then, your education provider will accept and assess your application and then submit it to StudyNT for final review and endorsement. If your application is successful, your education provider will notify you.
Moreover, you must sign a letter of agreement confirming you will continue to meet the scholarship criteria and terms. This is a legally binding agreement. You need to return this to your education provider.
Meanwhile, Charles Darwin University applications must be submitted no later than the dates below.
Higher education scholarships:
- offshore applications: 31 July 2022
- onshore applications: 7 August 2022.
Vocational education and training scholarships:
- offshore applications: 26 June 2022
- onshore applications: 3 July 2022.
However, applications are open throughout the year for all other education and training providers participating in the scholarship program.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for Australian’s Northern Territory Scholarship.