DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom 2022
Do you wish to study in the UK in 2022? Here’s another outstanding scholarship on offer to international to begin their academic journey in the United Kingdom. Applications for the DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University are currently open to international students who wish to enroll in a master’s study at the university.
Moreover, the DeepMind Scholarship provides the opportunity for a master’s study program in the areas of Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics, and Computer Games. Application for this scholarship program is available to interested candidates of all nationalities. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about this DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University
The DeepMind Scholarship at the Queen Mary University of London is a program to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate education in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Computer Science. The scholarships are for female and/or black students as these students are currently underrepresented in these areas of study.
Furthermore, DeepMind aims to increase the representation in AI, which in turn offers a huge opportunity to bring diverse values, hopes, and concerns into conversations about the design and deployment of AI – and this is critical if AI is going to be a technology that benefits everyone. DeepMind scholarship program is established in an effort to help build a stronger and more inclusive AI community, who can bring a wider range of experiences to the fields of AI and computer science.
Moreover, the scholarships provide financial support to students from underrepresented groups seeking to study graduate courses relating to AI and adjacent fields. Scholars are also offered support from a DeepMind mentor, and have opportunities to attend leading AI academic conferences and DeepMind events.
About the University
Queen Mary University of London is a public research university in London, England, and a member institution of the federal University of London. It dates back to the foundation of London Hospital Medical College in 1785. Queen Mary College, named after Mary of Teck, was admitted to the University of London in 1915 and in 1989 merged with Westfield College to form Queen Mary and Westfield College. In 1995 Queen Mary and Westfield College merged with St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College and the London Hospital Medical College to form the School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Moreover, Queen Mary, University of London is the third largest college of the University of London, with the main based in the east of the city. It is a member of the Russell Group of research universities and has roots dating back to 1785. However, Queen Mary has a strong international reputation, with almost 25% of its 16,000 students coming from over 150 countries.
Furthermore, Queen Mary has the world’s largest academic health science centre, and is well known for medical teaching and research at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry. The Medical School at Queen Mary includes special departments in cardiology, infectious diseases, surgery and dentistry. The School of Dentistry recently moved into brand new state-of-the-art facilities.
Meanwhile, the university is ranked as follows in 2022 world university rankings:
- 40th in the Times University Guide
- 51st in the Guardian University Guide
- 117th in the QS World University Rankings
- 117th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
Moreover, here’s an overview of the DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University.
Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom.
Tuition fee award
Masters degree study
Field(s) of Study:
Full-time master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics, and Computer Games.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
13 July 2022
Furthermore, Queen Mary University will provide the DeepMind Scholarship with the following inclusions.
- Each DeepMind Scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees, £11,850 (International fees – £27,250), a living allowance of £15,480, an annual £2,000 travel scholarship, and a one-off equipment grant of £1,500.
Eligibility Requirements for the DeepMind Scholarship at Queen Mary University
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Be a UK or International student.
- Then, identify as female or have one of the following categories of ethnicity: Black African; Black Caribbean; Black Other; Mixed – White and Black Caribbean; Mixed – White and Black African; or Other mixed backgrounds (to include Black African, the Black Caribbean, or Black Other).
- Also, have a confirmed offer to study one of the following programs in September 2022: MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), MSc Computer Science (Full Time), MSc Computer Games (Full Time), an MSc in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (Full Time) at Queen Mary University of London.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program.
- First, please check your eligibility to apply. The panel will not consider any applications that do not meet eligibility criteria, and awards may be withdrawn if applicants are later found not to have met eligibility criteria or to have provided false information.
- Please download, complete, and submit the application form to [email protected]. Download the DeepMind Scholarship Application Form 2022 [DOC 194KB] here.
- Furthermore, to complete your application, you will need to provide:
- A copy of your offer letter to study one of the following programs at Queen Mary: MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), MSc Computer Science (FT), MSc Computer Games, or MSc in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (FT) program.
- A completed application form, including a short statement of no more than 500 words detailing why you should be considered for the award and what motivated your interest in this area of study at the Queen Mary University of London.
- A Curriculum Vitae
Moreover, a selection panel will shortlist applications and take a final decision on which five students will receive the award. Applicants will receive notification of the outcome by 15 August 2022.
However, the closing date for applications is 13 July 2022
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the scholarship program.