Fully Funded Clark Art Institute Fellowship 2022 in USA for International Students
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students seeking to pursue their academic studies abroad. This is a great opportunity if you have been dreaming of studying in the United States of America on a fully-funded scholarship. Applications for the Clark Art Institute Fellowship are currently open to international students who wish to pursue their postgraduate studies under the Research and Academic Program at the Clark Art Institute.
Moreover, the Clark Art Institute offers around eleven and sixteen scholarships each year, varying in length from one to ten months, with the bulk awarded for one academic semester. National and international scholars, critics, curators, and museum professionals are welcome to propose projects that broaden and enhance the understanding of the visual arts and their role in culture.
However, in this article, we will provide information in detail about the Clark Art Institute Fellowship program, its eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, and any other important information pertaining to the fellowship program at the Clark Art Institute.
About The Clark Art Institute Fellowship
The Clark Art Institute Fellowship is offered by the Research and Academic Program to support artists, educators, scholars, writers, and art critics who are reimagining the possibilities of museums, scholarship, and public engagement. However, the structural inequalities that were inherent in funding, museums, arts, and the United States more broadly have only been more deeply exposed by current events, placing into greater precarity individuals, careers, livelihoods, and family structures that were already under stress.
Moreover, the main purpose of the Clark Art Institute Fellowship is to give an individual the resources they might not otherwise have to work on a project that helps to imagine a new world for museums, arts education, and the role of the artist in public spaces. Projects that examine social justice and the arts, reimagine the canon of art history or consider the role of performance art in exposing erased histories are particularly welcome.
Furthermore, the Fellowships are awarded every year to established and promising scholars with the aim of fostering a critical commitment to inquiry in the theory, history, and interpretation of art and visual culture. As part of our commitment to fostering diverse engagements with the visual arts, Research and Academic Program particularly seeks to elevate constituencies, subjects, and methods that have historically been underrepresented in the discipline. These fellowships are intended to nurture a variety of disciplinary approaches and support new voices in art history.
Clark Art Institute Fellowship
However, the Clark Art Institute is an art museum and research institution located in Williamstown, Massachusetts, United States. Founded in 1955 by Robert Sterling Clark and Francine, its collection consists of European and American paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, photographs, and decorative arts from the fourteenth to the early twentieth century. The Research and Academic Program began in the late 1990s with the establishment of the Clark Library and the Graduate Program in the History of Art. It is the manifestation of the Clark’s original commitment to academic research and scholarly study.
Read Also: Fully Funded Facebook Fellowship Program 2022 for Ph.D. Students
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Clark Art Institute Fellowship.
Research and Academic Program
Clark Art Institute, Williamson, MA, United States of America
Full funding scholarships
Scholarship or Study Level:
Field(s) of Study/ Focus Areas:
- visual culture.
Number of Awards:
The Clark Art Institute offers between 11 to 16 scholarships annually
Scholarship Value or Worth:
See scholarship benefits in the section below for details
Individuals of all nationality around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship
Furthermore, the Clark Art Institute Fellowship provides the recipients with the following inclusions.
Fellowships are awarded on a scale related to need and earnings, up to a maximum rate of $30,000 per semester. Travel to and from Clark will be reimbursed for the scholar and an accompanying family member. Fellows’ tax liability to the United States government will be considered in accordance with the tax regulations of the Internal Revenue Service on a case-by-case basis.
Moreover, the Research and Academic Program offers a stipend, an apartment in our Visiting Scholars’ Residence, an office, and access to one of the best art history libraries in the country. However, the fellowship is intended for an individual who has been severely economically impacted, whether due to furloughs, layoffs or canceled performances and projects.
Check Also: Fully Funded Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2022 in the UK for International Students
Eligibility Requirements for The Clark Art Institute Fellowship
However, you will need to meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for this fellowship program. They include:
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or show equivalent professional skill
- This fellowship is residential and the individual will have to be in residence at the Clark Art Institute during the fellowship period. Due to ongoing concerns around domestic and international travel. Therefore, this fellowship is only open to individuals who live within a 300-mile radius of Clark. Fellows will need to agree to strict safety and travel agreements in order to accept the fellow
- Applicants may come from the academic or museum worlds, or from other professional backgrounds
- Moreover, applicants may be employed, full- or part-time, or be independent scholars, curators, and/or critics
- Also, applicants must be proficient in writing skills
- Furthermore, applicants must possess excellent research skills: experience with independently carrying out empirical research, experience with qualitative research (conducting interviews, qualitative analysis), preferably also experience with quantitative research.
How to Apply for The Clark Art Institute Fellowship
Moreover, follow the step-by-step guidelines below to apply for the Fellowship program. They include:
- Firstly, note that all applicants are required to complete an online application form. Also, you will submit all application materials in English. Which the Clark Art Institute must receive by October 15, 2021.
- However, the application materials or supporting documents are as follows:
- One application form
- Two letters of reference, which the referees must email to RAP@clarkart.edu themselves
- A curriculum vitae (3 double-spaced pages or fewer) to the aforementioned link.
- A statement (3 double-spaced pages or fewer) in English that outlines the assumptions and critical commitments that animate your project. It is important to situate the project within the context of existing research; to indicate what is new or unusual in both subject and/or method, and to explain why there is a disciplinary need for this particular project.
- Then, you will receive a confirmation email only after you submit all pieces of your application.
Read Also: AAUW International Fellowships 2022/2023 in USA for Women
Moreover, ensure to review the eligibility requirements and application instructions on this fellowship program before proceeding with the application.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the requirements and application instructions on the Clark Art Institute Fellowship. This is because information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.
Comments are closed.