Fully Funded Government of Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) 2022/23
Here’s an amazing opportunity for you to begin your study abroad adventure in 2022. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Malaysia on a scholarship. Applications for the Government of Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) are currently open to international students to pursue their academic studies in Malaysia.
The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) Scholarship under the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia to is offered new international students who are pursuing postgraduate or post-doctoral levels at Public universities in Malaysia (including Universiti Putra Malaysia). However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, this article provides information in full detail on everything you need to know about the Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS). From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS)
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia. This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centers of academic excellence by attracting, motivating, and retaining talented human capital from abroad.
Interested international graduates with outstanding academic and co-curricular backgrounds are welcome to apply for this scholarship to further their studies in leading Malaysian universities and higher education institutions with the opportunity to enjoy Malaysian hospitality and a world-class higher education experience.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS).
Higher educational institutions in Malaysia
Field(s) of Study:
Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
See the scholarship benefits section below
Number of Awards:
15th June 2022
Furthermore, the Malaysian Government will provide the Malaysian International Scholarship recipients with the following inclusions.
Each scholarship consists of:
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance (will be paid at the beginning of research (after proposal defense) and the balance will be paid only upon submission of the thesis) – For PhD and Post-Doctoral only
- A conference travel grant and journal publication grant (PhD and Post-Doctoral only)
The Government of Malaysia reserves the rights to review the value of awards at any time (and if such changes are made, the value of scholarship will be changed and the effective date will be informed to the successful candidates).
Eligibility Requirements for the Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS)
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
To begin with, applicants for the 2022/2023 Government of Malaysian International Scholarship should be graduates from the recipient countries (see guidelines) of MIS 2022 who:
- intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia; or
- are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions.
Furthermore, the applicant must also meet the following conditions
- Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
- Possessing good academic qualifications:
- Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level;
- PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
- Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
- Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
- Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submitting a written research proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of
How to Apply
Meanwhile, prospective candidates can following the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS).
Application for MIS can be accessed on program’s online application system. All documents below are COMPULSORY and to be uploaded via online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
- Application form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month’s validity);
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency;
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees (e.g. lecturer, supervisor or immediate superior, etc.)
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript
- Endorsement form;
- Admission letter from Malaysia University (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below to access the application form. And for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the Malaysian International Scholarship.