How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon
You can always change your payment method by adding or deleting another credit card to make the shopping experience more convenient for you. It’s easy to delete a credit card from your Amazon account with a few clicks on your computer. This guide will be providing all the necessary information you need to know on how to remove a credit card from Amazon.
Amazon is one of–if not the–most popular online shopping platforms today. Like Amazon, online shopping modes and web stores have seen a spike in their businesses. It has become a huge necessity and has made our life easier, especially during the pandemic.
Therefore, online shopping has turned out to be a great rescuer when things are not available nearby and you can get them online. People often stick with their embedded credit card details for shopping. But what about those who may wish to remove their credit card details from such online shopping sites but don’t know how?
Moreover, although Amazon can be extremely convenient, the overall experience of managing your account can be somewhat overwhelming. However, if you’re still unfamiliar with the platform or aren’t particularly tech-savvy, it can be quite difficult to navigate. This includes doing this like adding or removing payment options, such as credit cards. Luckily, you can easily remove a credit card from Amazon with just a few clicks.
Furthermore, removing a credit card from Amazon takes merely a few minutes. And doing so will prevent you from inadvertently entering incorrect payment information in the future. Keep in mind that removing a payment method doesn’t cancel any open orders that use that payment method. In addition, withdrawing your card from Amazon will also erase its information from any other websites that accept Amazon Pay.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon Online
This method also applies to those who use their laptop or desktop to access the website. So, here’s how to remove a credit from Amazon using a PC or Mac>
- Go to Amazon amazon.com on your browser.
- Log into your account using your email address and password.
- Go to the “Account and Lists” section. It should be found at the top right corner of the page.
- Click “Your Account” to see all settings about your Amazon account.
- Next, you should see a section called “Ordering and shopping preferences.”
- You’ll find something called “Payment options” in this section. Click it.
- On the “Your credit and debit cards” section, you’ll see a list of all the credit cards that you have saved on your account. Check to see if the credit card you want to delete is here.
- Once you’ve found it, simply select the card and click “remove.”
- A confirmation message will pop up to make sure that you didn’t just mistakenly click this option. Double-check if this is the right credit card to remove and click “Confirm remove.”
- Your chosen credit card will now be removed from your Amazon account.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon on Android
Mobile phones are the most widely used method for online shopping. Moreover, statistics show that 79% of US consumers use phones as their primary method of virtual purchases. However, not customers are versed on how to remove the card from amazon. Follow these steps if you have an Android phone, and want to remove your credit card from Amazon using mobile:
- Make sure that you have the Amazon app downloaded and installed on your phone.
- Open the app. If you’re not yet logged in, you should do so now.
- Once you’re already logged in, check the Account tab. You should see this one near the bottom of your screen.
- A new page should load, containing an option for “Your Account.”
- Scroll down until you see “Your Payments.”
- You should see more options here. Under “Wallet” you should see the “Manage payment options” button.
- You’ll see a list of all the payment options that you have, such as debit cards and credit cards. Select the credit card that you want to remove.
- Once you’ve selected it, click “Remove.”
- A confirmation message will now pop up to give you time to change your mind or double-check which card you’re removing.
- If you’re sure, click “Confirm.”
- Success! The card is now deleted from your Amazon account.
Furthermore, remember to add new and different credit card details once you’ve deleted your first embedded one. That is if the card you deleted is the default payment method or your only credit card on the account.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon on iOS
Moreover, you can also use your iOS account, such as an iPhone or an iPad to remove your credit card from Amazon. Below are the steps:
- Just like on Android, make sure that you have Amazon downloaded and installed on your iOS device.
- Open the Amazon app, which is a white icon with the Amazon logo on it.
- If you aren’t signed in yet, you should sign in now.
- Click the 3-bar kebab icon found on the upper-left corner of your screen. Doing so will open a menu located on the lefthand side of the app.
- The fourth option on the new menu will say “Your Account.” Tap it to proceed.
- You should see new sections here. Under “Amazon Wallet” you should find “Manage Payment Options.” Again, tap it.
- On this screen, you’ll see all the payment methods that you have for your account, including debit and credit cards.
- Look for the credit card that you want to remove.
- Once you find it, tap the “Delete” button. You should see it to the right of the credit card, below its expiration date.
- After tapping “Delete,” a confirmation page will pop up. Again, this is to allow you to double-check if you’re deleting the right card, and that you didn’t just accidentally click it.
- If everything’s good, click the yellow “Confirm” button located at the bottom of the screen. Below is the “Cancel” button in case you did make a mistake.
- Clicking “Confirm” will delete your chosen card.
- If this card is your default payment method or your only one, you need to add a new card to replace it. Simply input your details and click “Update.”
- Lastly, tap “OK.” Again, it’s another yellow button. Once you click this, your payment methods will be updated.
How to Add a Credit Card to Amazon Account
Furthermore, you may want to add a new debit card or credit card to make purchases with after removing your credit card from your Amazon account. Here are the steps to follow to have a new payment method added to your Amazon account:
- Go to your Amazon account and sign in using your email address and password.
- Look for the Accounts and Lists section.
- You should see the “Accounts” option here. Click it.
- The new list of options should include “Your Payments.” Again, click it.
- Next, click “Cards and accounts.” As the name implies, this is where you should find all the cards and accounts associated with your account.
- There should be a button there saying, “Add a payment method.” Click this button.
- After that, you’ll be asked what payment method to add. Click “Add a credit or debit card.”
- You have to type in the details of your chosen credit card.
- Make sure you type everything correctly. Once you’re done, click on the “Add your card” button.
- A confirmation message will show. Again, double-check if you entered all your credit card information correctly.
- After confirming it, your new credit card will then be added to your Amazon account.
How to Change Credit Card Details on Amazon
Typically, customers who have reached the limit of their credit card tend to look for an alternative to switch cards for more convenience rather than delete a credit card on Amazon.
Luckily, Amazon has made payments convenient for users by providing the option to change their credit card details rather than delete them. Thereby, allowing users to reuse the card once their credit has been paid and the credit ban lifted.
Although it may sound complicated, it is quite straightforward to change the details of your credit card connected to your Amazon account. You can manage your payments from your computer or mobile applications with ease.
To manage payment methods:
- In Your Account, select Your Payments.
- Do one of the following:
- To add a payment method, select the Add a payment method link under the category that you want to add.
- To edit or remove a payment method, select the card that you wish to edit on the left side of the page. The card opens in the center of the page. Click Edit under the card name. You can update your billing address, select a default card, update card details or remove the card from your account. Select Remove from wallet to remove the card from your account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
However, note that in some instances, card issuers may provide Amazon with updated payment card details when re-issuing cards. Moreover, updating a payment method in your Your Payments won’t change the payment method on any open orders you’ve placed. To change the payment method for an open order go to Change Your Order Information.
In conclusion, removing a credit card from Amazon isn’t difficult at all. However, whether you’re doing it from your PC or Mac, your Android device, or your iOS device, you can do it with just a few steps.
The variation in devices while changing payment methods shouldn’t be a problem since the steps to be followed on mobile and computer devices are the same. The only difference lies in the displays.