HSE Global Scholarship Competition 2022 in Russia/ Undergraduate Degree Scholarships at HSE University, Moscow, Russia
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students seeking to pursue their academic studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Russia on a scholarship. Applications for the HSE Global Scholarship Competition are currently open to international students who wish to pursue their bachelor’s degree program at HSE University, in Russia.
Moreover, all international candidates from all over the world who want to pursue their bachelor’s degrees are eligible to participate in the scholarship application at the Higher School of Economics(HSE), Russia. However, in this article, we will provide information in detail about the HSE Global Scholarship Competition, its eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to the scholarship competition.
About The HSE Global Scholarship Competition
The HSE Global Scholarship Competition is an opportunity for international students to become a Higher School of Economics(HSE) University in December. Moreover, for the 2021/22 academic year, the HSE Global Scholarship Competition will be held in 14 subjects. Participation is free, you don’t need to pay any application fee. Competitions are held in-person and online. Results are valid for 2 years.
However, HSE University, officially the National Research University Higher School of Economics, is a public research university established in 1992. Its headquarter is in Moscow, Russia with its main campus located in the capital. The university also maintains three other regional campuses in Nizhny Novgorod, Perm and Saint Petersburg. Moreover, the HSE University is generally known as one of the most prestigious institutions in Russia and the Commonwealth Independent States (CIS).
HSE Global Scholarship Competition
Consistently ranked as one of Russia’s top universities, HSE University is a leader in Russian education and one of the preeminent economics and social sciences universities in eastern Europe and Eurasia. Having rapidly grown into a well-renowned research university over two decades, HSE University sets itself apart with its international presence and cooperation.
Moreover, the school’s faculty, researchers, and students represent over 100 countries and are dedicated to maintaining the highest academic standards. Its newly-adopted structural reforms support HSE University’s drive to internationalize and conduct groundbreaking research.
However, now a dynamic university with four campuses, HSE University is a leader in combining Russian education traditions with the best international teaching and research practices. HSE University offers an outstanding educational program from secondary school to doctoral studies, with top departments and research centers in a number of fields. The university is ranked among the top 100 institutions worldwide in Politics & International Studies, Sociology, History, Economics & Econometrics in the QS – World University Rankings by Subject.
Furthermore, since 2013, HSE University has been a member of the 5-100 Russian Academic Excellence Project, a highly selective government program aimed at boosting the international competitiveness of Russian universities. HSE cooperates with over 400 universities worldwide through bi- and multilateral projects, the European Commission, and other schemes, as well as international associations and network memberships.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the HSE Global Scholarship Competition.
HSE Global Scholarship Competition
National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE)
Partial funding scholarships
Scholarship/ Study Level:
Undergraduate (bachelors) degree
Field(s) of Study:
- Asian Studies
- History (World History)
- Social Sciences (Person. Society. State)
- Cultural Studies
- Media Communications
- International Relations
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Modern Politics
- Philology and Philosophy
Scholarship Value/ Worth:
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
International (non-Russian) citizens
October 30, 2021
Scholarship Benefits/ Inclusions
Furthermore, the HSE Global Scholarship Competition provides the recipients with the following inclusions.
- When applying for undergraduate programs at HSE, winners are eligible for full-tuition waivers, partial scholarships as well as tuition discounts up to 75%
- HSE Global Scholarship Competition winners receive early admission decisions
- HSE GSC diplomas are valid for two consecutive years following the Competition
- An opportunity to gain more expertise in a certain field of study
- HSE GSC is a great way of career preparation
- New and exciting connections
Eligibility Requirements for The HSE Global Scholarship Competition
However, you must meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the HSE GSC. They include:
- International (non-Russian) citizens, and stateless persons
- Participants must be enrolled in either grades 10-11 of high schools for 11-year programs or grades 11-12 for 12-year programs
- International high school graduates are also welcome to apply
- All participants must be under 30 years old
How to Apply for The HSE Global Scholarship Competition
Moreover, follow the step by step guidelines below to apply for the HSE GSC
However, the timeline for the scholarship competition is as follows:
- Registration: May 24 – October 10, 2021
- Preparations for the Competitions: June 01 – October 01, 2021
- Participation in Competition: October 20 – October 30, 2021
- Competition Results: December 6, 2021
Then, the application guidelines are as follows:
- Firstly, you will need to view the how to apply section for undergraduate programs and select your program
- However, if you wish to pursue a Russian-taught undergraduate program at HSE and you do not speak Russian, you should first take a one-year preparatory course at HSE (HSE International Preparatory Programs).
- Then, complete the required online registration and choose relevant subjects (fields of study), depending on your choice of the degree program.
- Moreover, for the competition, you will need to:
- Select up to 5 subjects ( not more than 5) from the seventeen presented
- Then visit the competition official webpage using the link: https://olymp.hse.ru/en/inter/, and click the «sign up» button, then choose «Get login and password». One applicant may register only once.
- Then, the third step will be to fill in your personal information. You will need to carefully fill in all registration form sections. Make sure that your email address and phone number are entered correctly.
- Finally, you will need to write a motivation letter. You must write the motivation letter personally in English in a free format. It will not be assessed and is provided only to show the participant’s (you) commitment and will to take part in the competition.
- Furthermore, after the successful application processing by the moderator (up to 2 working days), You will receive a login and password to your personal account. Which you will receive in the email address that you entered at the registration. Then, the personal account is now open for editing.
Moreover, in addition to the application instructions, those who have successfully completed registration will receive a registration number. The number assigned to you during online registration will be used to secure your participation in all events (be reminded that you may participate in more than one subject but no more than 5). So, please keep the number until the final results are announced.
However, note that you will not be able to register on-site on the day of the competition event. Make sure that you register online in advance.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the requirements and application instructions for the HSE Global Scholarship Competition. As Information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.