MEXT Scholarship (Fully Funded Japanese Government Scholarship)/Application Process
Looking forward to studying tuition-free in Japan?… Then this opportunity is for you as the fully funded Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship 2021-2022 applications are now being accepted from eligible foreign students across the globe to study tuition-free in Japan.
The MEXT Scholarship 2021-2022 is for international students with outstanding academic records seeking to pursue their undergraduate, Master’s, Ph.D., and training studies in Japan. However, in this article, we will be giving full details on what is MEXT Scholarship 2021-2022, its benefits, eligibility requirements, and step-by-step application procedure.
What Is MEXT Scholarship 2021-2022?
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to forward their undergraduate or research (Masters / Ph.D.) studies under the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program at Japanese universities.
Below is a brief description/details of the scholarship program;
- Scholarship Sponsor: Japanese Government
- Host Institution: Japanese Universities/Higher Institutions
- Scholarship Type: They offer fully-funded scholarships
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D., and Training
- Courses Offered: All types of courses offered in all Japanese universities
- Program Duration: 4-5 years for undergraduates, 2-3 years for Masters, 3-4 years for Ph.D.
- Scholarship Deadline: The deadline for the scholarship program varies depending on Embassy.
Check also Fully Funded German Scholarship.
The MEXT Scholarship provides the candidate with the following benefits;
- Allowance: Monthly stipend allowance for both undergraduate and research students.
- Education Fees: Successful MEXT Scholarship candidates are not required to pay the entrance examination fee, matriculation fee, and university tuition fee. It will be covered by the scholarship sponsor.
- Traveling Expenses: The MEXT Scholarship provides round-trip airfare from your country to Japan and also return ticket at the end of the program.
- Accommodation: The candidate will also get a free accommodation at the university dorm.
Eligibility Criteria For MEXT Scholarship
In order to qualify for the scholarship program the candidate must meet with the following eligibility criteria;
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Research (Masters and PhD) students must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or must have completed 16 years of schooling.
- Undergraduates must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of schooling or courses comparable to a high school.
- Teacher training students must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college of education or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in your country.
- Students for Japanese study must be at least from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must also be enrolled as undergraduate students with major in Japanese language or culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must also enroll in the home institution at the time when they return to their countries.
- Applicants must also be proficient in English or Japanese Language.
Read Also: Melbourne University Fully Funded Scholarship Australia
Document Requirements For MEXT Scholarship 2021-2022
The following documents will also be required for scholarship program application;
- The application form.
- Highest degree academic transcript (certified or original copy).
- 12 years of education for undergraduate program applicants
- Bachelor’s degree transcripts for Master’s program applicants
- Master’s degree transcripts for PhD program applicants
- The highest degree verified with official transcripts.
- 12 years of education for undergraduate program applicants
- Bachelor’s degree for Master’s program applicants
- Master’s degree for PhD program applicants
- The degree must be in English Language, otherwise you will need to provide a copy of translation in English.
- Recommendation letters: Two recommendation letters written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers who are able to evaluate your academic performance.
- Applicant’s passport
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for Master’s and PhD students
- English Language Proficiency Test score report
- Summary of research or thesis for research students
- Purpose of study or Study plan contains motivation drive of application, education or research background etc.
Application Procedure For MEXT Scholarship
However, the application process for the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship vary according to country. Therefore, all applicants must complete and submit application form and necessary documents required at the embassy.
However, follow the step by step procedure below for your MEXT Scholarship application;
- Firstly, click here to find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country.
- Secondly, visit the official website of the Japanese Embassy of your country. You will find the MEXT Scholarship under the education/scholarship tab.
- Then download the MEXT scholarship application form and completely fill it.
- Submit the necessary documents required to the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- The Japanese Embassy will conduct a written test.
- Then it will be followed by interviews of the candidates.
- The successful candidates will get acceptance notification through email or embassy website.
Recommended Opportunity: U.S. Fulbright Fully Funded Scholarship
Applicants with Japanese nationality are not eligible unless they are dual nationals of Japan and another country and are residing outside of Japan at the time of application. They should also apply for the field they study at the previous university or course related to it. Candidates who previously received a Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship are considered ineligible to apply again.
However, the scholarship deadline differs from Embassy to Embassy, click here to check deadlines.
Please refer to the official website of the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship to see application guideline as information can be updated any moment without notice. Carefully check the required documents for the application described in the guidelines. You can also download the application form from the website.
Comments are closed.