Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships 2022 in Germany for International Students
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students across the globe seeking to pursue their academic studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in Germany. Applications for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships are currently open to international students who wish to enroll for their Masters and Ph.D. studies in German Universities.
Moreover, the Scholarship department of the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung offers financial grants to highly-qualified domestic and foreign students who demonstrate a high level of social and political engagement. However, in this article, we will provide information in detail about the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships, its eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, application procedures, and any other important information pertaining to this scholarship.
About The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships
The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, which is German for Rosa Luxemburg Foundation is a political educational organization closely affiliated to the DIE LINKE (democratic socialist Left Party). The foundation was established in Berlin in 1990 (originally as the “Social Analysis and Political Education Association”)
The foundation offers scholarships to international students seeking to pursue their academic studies in Germany for Masters and Postgraduate (Ph.D.) degrees. However, the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships are based on the Foundation’s political values and its main aim which is contributing to strengthening social justice and solidarity.
Moreover, in granting scholarships, the Stiftung seeks to counteract the social, political, and gender discrimination prevalent in our society and therefore gives preference to applications from women, students of non-academic and migrant backgrounds, the socially needy, and people with disabilities who demonstrate comparable achievements and commitment. Applications from undergraduate and doctoral students from scientific and technical disciplines are actively encouraged, as well as from graduates of technical colleges.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (Foundation)
Partial funding (living grant) scholarships
Graduate (Masters) and Postgraduate (Ph.D.) studies
Field(s) of Study:
Masters and Ph.D. degrees in any subject, with exception to Medicine, Dentistry, and Veterinary medicine
See the scholarship benefits section for details
Number of Awards:
The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation awards 10 to 15 scholarships annually
International students from any nationality across the globe
The scholarship lasts throughout the program period: a maximum of three years for Masters, and four years for a PhD
Scholarship Benefits or Inclusions
Moreover, the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships provide the recipients with the following inclusions.
However, the duration of the scholarship is normally based on the standard length of the chosen course of study. The monthly basic scholarship consists of 850€ along with a lump sum of 20€. Additional subsidies for health and nursing insurance of no more than 86€ are also available.
Moreover, the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships also provides a wide range of support, which includes political education events and summer schools, workshops conducted both domestically as well as abroad, symposia, and educational trips.
It also organizes practical training in fields such as rhetoric, conflict management, and other key skills, time management and self-management, bolstering academic qualifications, text and writing workshops, and specific seminars on methodology.
Eligibility Requirements for The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships
However, you must meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships:
Firstly, note that the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships department awards grants to foreign students (MA only) and Ph.D. students who are temporarily residing in Germany for study or research purposes. However, the requirements are as follows:
- MA Students must be enrolled at a state or state-recognized German university
- Ph.D. students must be accepted at a German university
- Proof of German language proficiency (B2 level or above)
- Moreover, applicants must have high academic and professional qualifications
- Also, they must be active in social, political, and community services, which are considered to be representative of the ideology of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation.
- Furthermore, preference considerations are given to women, students from socially weak backgrounds, and people with disabilities, with achievement and commitment.
However, you can find more information about the eligibility requirements on the application page by clicking here.
How to apply for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships
Moreover, follow the step-by-step guidelines below to apply for the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Scholarships.
- Firstly, all applications for the scholarships are done online. You will need to create an account for your online application using a registered email address. Which will serve as a communication channel during the application process and you won’t be able to change it.
- Secondly, ensure to complete your application for the scholarship as quickly as possible once you have all the necessary documents available and uploaded. Otherwise, it may lead to technical problems if too many applicants want to submit their application including the associated documents at the same time shortly before the application deadline.
- However, the documentation requirements for the scholarship application are as follows:
- Doctoral admission from a university or college in Germany, for Ph.D. applicants or certificate of enrollment for other study levels
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of social engagement or committee work
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of residence permit or visa for Germany
- Proof of German language skills at least B2-level
- Finally, submit the application
In addition to the application instructions, the deadline for the scholarship application is October 1, 2021 (11:59 p.m.). You can only apply for the scholarship online, therefore, you cannot submit a written application by post or email. You can only send complete applications and they will receive acceptance in the selection process. Moreover, ensure to review the eligibility requirements and application instructions before applying for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more information on the requirements and application instructions on the scholarship. As information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.