Study in Germany 2022: Johannes Gutenberg University Research Proposal Scholarship
Do you wish to pursue your academic studies abroad? Here’s a great opportunity for you to start your academic journey in Germany. Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students to study in Germany. Applications for the Johannes Gutenberg University Research Proposal Scholarship are currently open to international students to enroll in postgraduate degree studies at the university.
Are you about to complete your studies or have you already done so? Have you considered a Ph.D. in a humanities or social sciences subject at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz? Are you searching for bridging funding to help you develop your doctoral project and attract funding for a doctoral position or scholarship?
If so, then a doctoral research proposal scholarship from the Gutenberg Graduate School of the Humanities and Social Sciences could be just what you are looking for! Continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
However, in this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you need to know about the Johannes Gutenberg University Research Proposal Scholarship. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Johannes Gutenberg University Research Proposal Scholarship
Humanities and social sciences students often face funding gap problems at the beginning of their doctoral studies. Successful applications for a doctoral position or scholarship may depend on a convincing and well-prepared research proposal and extensive preliminary work.
Furthermore, the Johannes Gutenberg University’s six-month research proposal scholarship of €1,450 per month (plus possible family income support) will enable students to give their full concentration to preparing their doctorate during this time. Students will participate in a workshop, where the university’s experienced lecturers will support them with lots of helpful tips and information to assist them with their proposal and get their doctorate off to the best possible start.
Moreover, along with the scholarship candidates will automatically receive a junior member of the Gutenberg Graduate School allowing them access to individual counseling and skills development opportunities tailored to their specific needs.
About the University
The Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz is a public research university in Mainz, Rhineland Palatinate, Germany. The university is named after the printer Johannes Gutenberg 1946. With more than 32,500 students from about 120 nations, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz is one of the largest universities in Germany.
Moreover, the university is a member of the German U15, a coalition of fifteen major research-intensive and leading medical universities in Germany. Johannes Gutenberg University is considered one of the most prestigious universities in Germany. The university is part of the IT-Cluster Rhine-Main-Neckar. The Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, the Goethe University Frankfurt and the Technische Universität Darmstadt together form the Rhine-Main-Universities (RMU).
However, the university is a globally renowned research university of national and international recognition. This reputation comes thanks to its outstanding individual researchers as well as extraordinary research achievements in the field of particle and hadron physics, materials sciences, translational medicine, the life sciences, media disciplines, and historical cultural studies. Meanwhile, the university is ranked as follows in the 2022 world university rankings:
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings: 301st
- QS World University University Rankings: 427th
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Johannes Gutenberg University Research Proposal Scholarship:
Johannes Gutenberg University, Germany
Johannes Gutenberg University, Germany
Postgraduate (Ph.D.) level
Field(s) of Study:
Ph.D. in humanities or social sciences subject
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
15th June 2022
Furthermore, the university will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
A research proposal scholarship of €1,450 per month (plus possible family income support) will enable you to give your full concentration to preparing for your doctorate during this time. You will participate in a workshop, where the university’s experienced lecturers will support you with lots of helpful tips and information to assist you with your proposal and get your doctorate off to the best possible start.
Meanwhile, along with the scholarship, you will automatically receive a junior membership of the Gutenberg Graduate School allowing you access to individual counseling and skills development opportunities tailored to your specific needs.
Eligibility Requirements for the Johannes Gutenberg University Research Proposal Scholarship
Moreover, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program. Applications for the scholarship program are accepted from:
- advanced students or graduates of any university (in Germany or abroad), who either already hold, or will soon hold, a degree entitling them to do a Ph.D. at the Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU);
- advanced students or graduates of foreign universities, who would like to do their doctorate at the JGU and who have either already submitted, or are about to submit, an application for recognition of their foreign qualifications;
- people currently participating in an aptitude assessment/fast track procedure at the JGU as preparation for admission to doctoral studies.
- Moreover, applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s and master’s degrees from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- Also, applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the rules and regulations governing the award of the scholarship.
- Meanwhile, candidates with strong critical thinking, creativity, and leadership qualities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Johannes Gutenberg University Research Proposal Scholarship:
Firstly, to apply for the scholarship program, you will need to submit your application form and attach all the required documents on or before the application deadline. Moreover, all documents are to be sent electronically by e-mail in a single pdf to the following address: [email protected].
- Application form
- Tabular CV
- Covering letter (1-2 pages)
- Certificates of all university degrees (including Transcripts of Records). Where a degree certificate is not yet available, you should include a current
- Transcript of Records
- A brief outline of the project
- Also, a letter of recommendation from a university lecturer (JGU or home university)
- Confirmation from a JGU lecturer entitled to supervise in the chosen doctoral subject
- Where applicable, a description of individual factors which have had an impact on your education or studies and resulted in the maximum period of three years between graduation and application not being kept to.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the scholarship program.