The Deutschland Stipendium at German Universities for International Students 2022/23
Another amazing scholarship is on offer to international students to start their study abroad adventure in Germany. Applications for the Deutschland Stipendium Awards are currently available to high-achieving students from all over the world who are interested in enrolling in a bachelor’s and master’s degree program at any state-recognized university in Germany for the 2022/23 academic session.
High-achieving students from all over the world who wish to study Bachelors’s and Master’s degree programs at public and state-recognized universities in Germany may apply for the Deutschlandstipendium, which is the largest public-private partnership scholarship program in Germany. Many universities and private sponsors also support Deutschlandstipendium holders through concurrent mentoring programs, networking events, and internships. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the Deutschland Stipendium Awards. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Deutschland Stipendium Awards
The Deutschland Stipendium is the largest public-private partnership study in Germany’s scholarship program. The Deutschland Stipendium provides financial and non-material support to high-achieving and committed students from all over the world. Modeled after the principle of public-private partnership, businesses, foundations or private individuals sponsor young talent with a pledge of 150 euros per month.
Moreover, the Federal Government matches this amount with another 150 euros. But there is even more: Many universities and private sponsors also support Deutschlandstipendium holders through concurrent mentoring programs, networking events, and internships.
Furthermore, the Deutschland Stipendium Awards support highly talented students at all participating universities in Germany. The scholarship is awarded without consideration of personal or parent income and one’s nationality is not material to award either. However, the scholarship funds do not count toward grants awarded under the Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG). There are no social insurance contributions payable.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Deutschland Stipendium Awards.
Government of Germany
Higher education institutions in Germany
Field(s) of Study:
Bachelors and Master’s degree in any subject at German universities
300 euros /month. See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
International students (High-achieving and committed students from all over the world)
Furthermore, the Deutschlandstipendium is awarded by the universities. Scholarship recipients will be provided with the following inclusions.
- 300 euros per month for international top-class talent.
- More and more institutions of higher education and private sponsors are offering additional non-financial support in connection with the Deutschlandstipendium.
- Mentoring programs, networking events and internships allow scholarship holders to establish valuable contacts with businesses and gain insight into work life.
Eligibility Requirements for the Deutschland Stipendium Awards
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Applicant must be classed as an international student for fee-paying purposes.
- Applicants must have obtained the relevant qualifications required for admission into a German university.
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the individual institutions.
- In addition to academic achievement, the criteria for selecting scholarship recipients include social commitment and personal achievements. Such as a student overcoming challenges or obstacles in his or her social or family background. Hence, the candidate’s social and family background is also taken into account. Both enrolled students and commencing students are eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Deutschland Stipendium.
Interested applicants for the Deutschland Stipendium Awards must apply for admission into an eligible German institution of higher learning. First- and higher-semester students of all nationalities can apply directly to their university. However, the universities organize the selection process, select the successful candidates and approach potential sponsors with financial assistance from the Federal Government. Applicants who have been offered admission can then proceed to apply for the Award. The application deadline varies and is university-dependent.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the scholarship program.