The FIFA Master Scholarships and Financial Aid to Study in Switzerland
Are you looking to study abroad in 2022? Here’s an amazing opportunity for you to begin your study abroad journey. This is a great chance for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Switzerland on a scholarship. The FIFA Master Scholarships and Financial Aid applications are currently open to students who wish to enroll in a master’s degree program for the 2022/23 academic session in Switzerland.
CIES Education presents the FIFA Master program with scholarships and financial aid for international students of African nationalities. Moreover, the FIFA Master course offers several scholarships each year which are awarded by the Scientific Committee on the basis of academic standards (merit) and financial need. The FIFA Master program offers a total of five scholarships each year. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the FIFA Master Scholarships and Financial Aid. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About FIFA Master Scholarships and Financial Aid
Organized by the International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES) in partnership with three universities, De Montfort University in Leicester (England), SDA Bocconi School of Management in Milan (Italy), and the University of Neuchâtel (Switzerland), the FIFA Master in Management, Law, and Humanities of Sport was created to promote management education within the sports world. However, it has grown to become a top graduate program developing all-around managers who can cope with the increasingly complex world of sport.
Moreover, the FIFA Master takes its graduates on a unique journey through three different European countries to study sport. Three distinguished universities in England, Italy, and Switzerland, which are among Europe’s most sports-oriented countries, have come together to provide a one-year program that combines top-class academic teaching and practical case studies supplemented by guest lecturers and field visits. The course focuses on three key and inter-related aspects of sports humanities, management, and law.
The International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES) is an independent study center located in Neuchâtel, Switzerland. CIES was created in 1995 as a Foundation between the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the University of Neuchâtel, and the City and the State of Neuchâtel.
Using a multi-disciplinary approach CIES provides research, top-level education, and consulting services to the sports world with the aim of overcoming the complexities of sport in today’s society and improving how it is governed and managed across all sports. Moreover, as an international center, CIES maintains a qualified and diverse staff and continually expands its partnerships with individuals, universities, and sports organizations around the globe.
Furthermore, CIES organizes and offers a one-year postgraduate sports executive program, endorsed by FIFA. Which consists of three modules that are taught across three universities in Europe, and concludes with a final project. The successful conclusion of the program merits the award of FIFA Master International in Management, Law, and Humanities of Sport.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the FIFA Master Scholarships and Financial Aid.
CIES Education, Switzerland
Full funding scholarships
Field(s) of Study:
The course focuses on three key and inter-related aspects of sports humanities, management, and law.
CHF 45’000 see the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Number of Awards:
5 scholarships per year
International students from African countries.
Furthermore, the FIFA Master’s Scholarships recipients will be provided with the following inclusions.
The FIFA Master course offers several scholarships each year which are awarded by the Scientific Committee on the basis of academic standards (merit) and financial need as follows:
- Two “full” scholarships (CHF 45’000 each) for candidates which cover course fees and living expenses.
- Two “full” FIFA/CIES International University Network scholarships (CHF 45’000) for candidates who have completed one of the FIFA/CIES International University Network Programmes. Applicants wishing to request this scholarship should clearly indicate on the online application form they are a graduate of one of these programs.
- Four scholarships only cover course fees (CHF 25’000 each) and which are available to all candidates.
All Scholarships may be divided by the Scientific Committee in order to help as many candidates as possible. So, if you are applying for financial support, please be aware that receiving a complete fee scholarship is extremely unlikely. However, if the only way for you to successfully attend the course is through a scholarship, then you must complete the scholarship application form in full, providing as much detail as possible.
Please note that in addition to these scholarships, each year a number of postgraduates succeed in obtaining financial support either through sponsors or government-type loans usually in their home country or country of residence.
Eligibility Requirements for the FIFA Master Scholarships and Financial Aid
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- All prospective candidates must have completed a full course of university study in any discipline and successfully obtained a degree by the application date;
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English. TOEFL minimum score of 100 Internet-based test or IELTS minimum score of 7.5 (or demonstrate a level of proficiency);
- Have previous work experience;
- Have an international outlook;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate an active level of involvement/interest in sport (not just as a participant but in the administration/management of sport);
- They must also be motivated and determined to succeed;
- Be flexible and able to meet the challenges of the course;
- Applicants must have extensive general knowledge and culture;
- Be able to work in a group (group work is a key part of the course);
- Recommended but optional: submit a score from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, prospective candidates can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program.
- To begin with, prepare yourself to start the application for the FIFA Master Scholarships & Financial Aid 2022-23, first read the application instructions.
- Furthermore, in order to access the FIFA Master Online Application Form, you will need to create a login and password.
- Before doing so, you should first read through the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and check that you fulfill all the Criteria for Applying. Then, please read the Financial Aid and the Terms and Conditions.
- Once you are sure that you can and wish to apply. Then, download and carefully read the FIFA Master Online Application Guidelines
- Application Documents: You will be required to provide certain supporting documentation (copies of your degree certificate, passport, etc.). You have the option of either uploading these documents (the preferred method) or sending them by regular post. Please download and read carefully the guidelines to upload files. All required application documents are listed on the application instructions
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for this scholarship program.