The IMPACT Scholarship at UCL for Masters in Public Health
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students who wish to study abroad in 2022/23. This is a fantastic opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in the United Kingdom on a scholarship. The IMPACT Scholarships applications are currently open to students who wish to enroll in a master’s degree program at the University College London for the 2022/23 academic session.
The University College London is pleased to announce the impact Scholarship for students wishing to study master’s in Public Health. Scholarships are available to international students who have demonstrated financial need. Moreover, the IMPACT scholarships will cover the successful candidate’s full fees to study in the MPH program. Students who wish to study full-time, part-time, or modular flexible are welcome to apply. The scholarship will be applied to their fees. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the IMPACT SCholarships at University College London. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the IMPACT Scholarships at University College London
Preventing and redressing the impact of inequalities is a core philosophy of the UCL Master of Public Health (MPH). To reflect this, we are offering two scholarships annually which will support applicants who have demonstrated financial need, who have lived experience of inequality, and who show great promise for population health impact.
Moreover, the IMPACT scholarships will cover the successful recipients’ full fees (£16,500) to study on the MPH programme. People wishing to study full-time, part-time or modular flexible are welcome to apply and the scholarship will be applied to their fees pro rate.
University College London is the oldest and largest college of the University of London and is known as ‘London’s Global University. The University was founded in 1826 and there are over 40,000 students currently enrolled at the institution, 53% of whom are international. Located in the heart of London, UCL is a constituent college of the University of London and a member of the Russell Group, with approximately 850 professors and over 6,000 academic and research staff.
Furthermore, staff and alumni at UCL have won a total of 30 Nobel Prizes, and 840 professors and 7,000 academic staff are dedicated to research and teaching across 11 faculties. However, UCL students benefit from close associations with several major teaching hospitals, such as the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, the Royal Free Hospital, and Moorfields Eye Hospital. Furthermore, the university is ranked as follows in world university rankings:
- 7th: Times University Guide 2022
- 9th: Guardian University Guide 2022
- 8th: QS World University Rankings 2022
- 18th: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
- 17th: Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021
Moreover, here’s an overview of the IMPACT Scholarships.
University College London, United Kingdom
University College London, United Kingdom
Full tuition award
Postgraduate (masters) degree
Field(s) of Study:
UCL online Master of Public Health (MPH)
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Thursday 30 June 2022, 11.59pm BST
Furthermore, the University College London will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions.
- There are up to two bursaries available in 2022/23.
- The value of the bursary is £16,500.
- Moreover, the bursary is tenable for students who wish to study full time, part time of via modular-flexible.
- However, the bursary will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees.
Eligibility Requirements for the IMPACT SCholarships at University College London
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Applicants must have experienced inequality. This may include, nut is not limited to, experience of inequality due to income, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, carer responsibilities, adverse childhood experiences, social exclusion, or disability.
- Moreover, they must meet the admissions criteria for UCL online Master of Public Health (MPH).
- Have submitted an admissions application for the MPH programme at UCL, starting in 2022/23.
- Also, applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Be proficient in the use of English.
However, the scholarship is awarded based on a comprehensive set of criteria to evaluate applicants description of:
- how their experience of inequality (due to income, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, carer responsibilities, adverse childhood experience, social exclusion, or disability) has shaped them and their drive to study Public Health.
- why they should receive a scholarship to undertake the Master of Public Health and how it will benefit them personally.
- also, how they will use their experience of inequality and the benefit of the scholarship and MPH to make a difference to population health in their future career.
Moreover, a panel of two assessors will review and score each application separately. Combined/average score across assessors will be ranked. The two highest scoring applicants will be recommended for scholarships.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the IMPACT scholarships.
Interested applicants for the IMPACT Scholarship at UCL 2022 are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline. However, application for the IMPACT scholarship will involve providing some personal details. Also, academic references will be taken from your UCL admissions application. Evidence of financial need will be requested at the time the scholarship is offered.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2022 at 11:59pm BST
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the IMPACT Scholarships.