University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2021-2022
Great opportunity for you to pursue your academic study in South Africa as the applications for the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarships Program is currently open for international students. Earlier this year, the University of Pretoria in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation announced the commencement of scholarship applications for high achieving African students who wish to enroll in a post-graduate degree program.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who through their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values will contribute to the transformation of the continent. However, in this article, we have provided information in detail about the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program, its benefits, eligibility requirements, and application procedure.
About The University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The Mastercard Foundation is an international non-government organization established by Mastercard in 2006. Mastercard Foundation in 2018, shifted to a specific focus on Africa, through its Young Africa Works Strategy. Moreover, the Mastercard Foundation’s mission is to advance education and financial inclusion in developing countries. It seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a 10-year, $500 million global initiative to educate and develop next generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic transformation. The Program enables young people from economically disadvantaged communities to complete quality secondary and university education, and make successful transitions to further education or careers in their home countries.
Through comprehensive support, Scholars receive learning opportunities that equip them with knowledge, skills, and values needed to succeed in the economy, and make positive impacts in their communities
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is developing Africa’s next generation of leaders. Furthermore, the scholarship program gives students whose talent and promise exceed their financial resources the opportunity to complete their education. With a vision that education is a catalyst for social and economic change, the program therefore focuses on developing leaders who are transformative, encouraging them to be active contributors in their communities.
Recommended Opportunity: UEA International Development Scholarship
However, here’s a brief description of the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship program:
University of Pretoria, South Africa
Mastercard Foundation/University of Pretoria
Fully Funded Scholarships
Post-graduate(Master’s and PhD) studies
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Humanities for Political Studies or International Studies only
- Engineering- continuing students can apply
Click here for more information on the specific courses offered in the faculties mentioned above.
Number of Awards:
The University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program provides the recipients with the following:
- The Mastercard scholarship covers the candidates full tuition fees
- It also provides an accommodation in a University of Pretoria residence
- Books and printed material
- It covers meals and a modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period
- Academic support in chosen program
- Mentoring and counseling support
Read Also: Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Program in USA
University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program/Eligibility Requirements
Moreover, the applicant must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program:
- In order to apply for this scholarship, the applicant must have been offered an admission to study a full-time post-graduate degree at the University of Pretoria. You will need a student’s number to complete the MCFSP application, which must accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents that are required.
- All the documents and information provided must be true and correct otherwise you may face disqualification from the scholarship as result of false information on the application form.
- Only students who cannot afford to pay the full fees are eligible to apply. Therefore, applicants must include documents that prove their family or guardian financial status. Such documents include bank statements, pay slips, and loan documents.
- Applicants must be willing to return and contribute to the development of their home country after completion of studies
However, follow the guidelines outlined below to apply for the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship:
- Firstly, students who are interested in the MCFSP will have to apply and receive admission from the University of Pretoria to study a post-graduate degree. However, you can apply directly via the university’s website using this link.
- Secondly, you will need internet access and an email address that you can access regularly, to use the online application system. Moreover, a student number will be sent to the email address as a confirmation of receipt as soon as you submit your online application.
- Then, the application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome. Moreover, post-graduate applicants will be required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Moreover, you can access the application forms for the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program using this link.
Additional Notes on
University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
Above all, ensure to read the application instructions and eligibility requirements provided at the official website of the scholarship provider before applying.
Applications for the MCFSP opens on 1st May 2021, and its deadline is on 31st October 2021. In addition to the application instructions, you can alternatively submit a hard copy of your application form to the address below:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre
Moreover, only students that have been offered an admission to a full-time study at the University of Pretoria will be considered for the MCFSP scholarship. Also, this scholarship is for students who cannot afford to pay the full fees. Therefore, do not apply for funding if you or your parents/guardian can afford the full tuition fees.
In conclusion, please visit the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more information on the application process and eligibility requirement for this scholarship. As information may be changed at any moment without notice.