University of Sydney International Scholarships
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students to start their study abroad adventure in 2023. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Australia on a fully funded scholarship. Applications for the University of Sydney International Scholarships are currently open to eligible students from around the globe for the next academic session.
The University of Sydney International Scholarships is a fully-funded postgraduate scholarship for international students. The scholarship cover tuition fees and living allowance. The scholarship amount of $40,000 is payable for one year in two equal installments. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the University of Sydney International Scholarships. From the eligibility requirements to the scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the University of Sydney International Scholarships
The University of Sydney International Scholarship, funded by the University of Sydney, provides a yearly scholarship to high-quality international postgraduate students who wish to study for a master’s by research or Ph.D. The scholarships are targeted at postgraduate research students with high academic records and are intended mostly for international students. To apply for the scholarships, you need to read through the detailed eligibility information and select suitable scholarships for your study need.
The University of Sydney is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850 as Australia’s first university, it is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. The university is one of Australia’s six sandstone universities.
Moreover, the university comprises eight academic faculties and university schools, through which it offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The university offers an exceptional range of disciplines – more than 400 areas of study – and our community includes more than 70,000 students, 8000 permanent and fixed-term staff, and 350,000 alumni in more than 170 countries.
Furthermore, the QS World University Rankings ranked the university as one of the world’s top 25 universities for academic reputation, the top 4 in the world, and the first in Australia for graduate employability. It is one of the first universities in the world to admit students solely on academic merit and opened its doors to women on the same basis as men.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the University of Sydney International Scholarships.
University of Sydney, Australia
University of Sydney, Australia
Full funding scholarships
Postgraduates (Masters and Ph.D.)
Field(s) of Study:
Masters by research or Ph.D. Degree offered at the University
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
30th September 2022
Furthermore, the University of Sydney will provide the international scholarship recipients with the following inclusions.
For the 2021 awards, the scholarship was valued at $35,629 per annum. The scholarship assists with tuition fees and living costs for up to three years with the possibility of one semester’s extension for Ph.D. students.
Eligibility Requirements for the University of Sydney International Scholarships
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program. Candidates must:
- Be an international student commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, interested applicants can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the University of Sydney International Scholarships.
Candidates interested in the scholarship should first think of applying for admission into the university. Commencing students should select the check box to be considered for research scholarships when completing the admission application for their postgraduate research degree.
Furthermore, a separate application is not required. However, applications are open all year round, with deadlines found at this link. For research periods 1 and 2, 2023, the deadline is 30th September 2022 for international students.
Moreover, you may need to read the selection process and Research Experience guide. Also visit the official website through the link provided to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on eligibility requirements and application instructions for the scholarship program.