University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for International Students
Do you wish to study abroad for the 2022/23 academic session? This is a great opportunity for you to begin your study abroad journey. Here’s another amazing scholarship on offer to international students to pursue their academic studies in the United Kingdom. Applications for the University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships are currently open to eligible and outstanding international students to study at the university for the 2022/23 academic session.
Moreover, the scholarship is available to international students who want to apply for an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program at the University of York. Applicants are entitled to benefit from the scholarship award to the highest-achieving international students with a maximum £20,000 tuition fee discount upon winning this scholarship. Continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about this scholarship program.
About the University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships are some of the most prestigious scholarship awards offered by some Universities in the United Kingdom and Australia to excellent international students. Typically, it is funded by the Vice-Chancellor’s office and could either be in the form of full/ partial tuition fee waivers or may include a stipend/ bursary.
The University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships awards the highest-achieving international students with a tuition fee discount. This scholarship is applicable for Master’s Degree, bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Diplomas, and Master’s Certificate.
About the University of York
The University of York is a collegiate research university, located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the university has expanded to more than thirty departments and centers, covering a wide range of subjects.
Furthermore, the University of York is a leading UK university, creating independent critical thinkers through a culture of academic excellence and groundbreaking research. As a member of the prestigious Russell Group, York is committed to research-led teaching, providing a supportive and inclusive learning experience for our students.
Moreover, the university is home to around 20,000 students from over 150 countries and each student that joins our supportive community brings a new voice to the richness of perspectives at York.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships:
The University of York, United Kingdom
The University of York, United Kingdom
Postgraduate taught and Undergraduate
Field(s) of Study:
Eligible undergraduate and postgraduate taught programs offered at the University of York.
Up to £20,000, see the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Number of Awards:
Domestic and international students
20 June 2022
Moreover, the University of York will provide the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships recipients with the following inclusions:
If you are awarded this scholarship at the undergraduate level, you will receive:
- a £10,000 tuition fee discount in your first year, £5,000 in your second year, and £5,000 tuition fee discount in your third year.
- If you are awarded this scholarship at the postgraduate taught level, you will receive a £10,000 tuition fee discount.
Eligibility Requirements for the University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
Furthermore, you must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- The scholarship is available to international (including EU) students only
- also have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by Monday 21 March 2022 (round one) or Monday 20 June 2022 (round two) (you don’t need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by Monday 21 March 2022 [round one] or Monday 20 June 2022 [round two])
- and also intend to study a full-time undergraduate or a postgraduate taught master’s course
However, you’re not eligible if:
- you hold a 100 percent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored
- you are an undergraduate student and have made us your insurance choice before Monday 21 March 2022 (round one) or Monday 20 June 2022 (round two).
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-by step guide below to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships:
- You will be considered for this scholarship automatically when you apply online for the Be Exceptional scholarships.
- You only need to make one application: you will be considered for both the Be Exceptional and the Vice-Chancellor’s awards.
Furthermore, the application time for the scholarship is as follows:
- Applications open Monday 10 January 2022, 12.01 am GMT
- Applications close Monday 21 March 2022, 11.59 pm GMT
- Applications open Monday 18 April 2022, 12.01 am BST
- Applications close Monday 20 June 2022, 11.59 pm BST
In addition note, round 2 is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate-taught applicants. Undergraduate applicants should note that the deadline to accept a course offer on UCAS is before the application deadline date for these scholarships. You may, therefore, be required to select your firm and insurance choice before receiving the outcome of your scholarship application.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships.