Study in the UK 2022: Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Research Scholarships at Bangor University
Here’s a great opportunity for you to begin study adventures abroad. Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students who wish to study in the United Kingdom on a scholarship. Applications for the Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship are now open to international students who wish to enroll in postgraduate studies at Bangor University, UK.
Moreover, the scholarship is available to international students commencing the academic programs for the 2022/23 academic session at the University. However, Bangor University awards a 50% discount on the posted international tuition fee each year of study. Furthermore, the continuation of the scholarship to the next academic year is subject to acceptable academic progression. Keep on reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail, everything you need to know about the Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship at Bangor University. The scholarship benefits, eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about this scholarship program.
About the Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship at Bangor University
The Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship is the flagship scholarship of Bangor University for excellent international students. The University is looking to award the scholarship to students demonstrating academic excellence and notable achievements in their social and professional life.
Moreover, Bangor University is looking for students who will make a valuable contribution to all aspects of University life and whose values match the University’s own: Ambition; Inclusivity; Integrity; Sustainability, and Transformation.
About Bangor University
Bangor University is a public university in Bangor, Wales. It was founded in 1884 as a direct result of a public campaign against Wales’ lack of higher education institutions. It was largely funded by the local community who voluntarily contributed their wages to its development.
However, it received its Royal Charter in 1885 and was one of the founding institutions of the federal University of Wales. Officially known as University College of North Wales (UCNW), and later the University of Wales, Bangor (UWB; Welsh: Prifysgol Cymru, Bangor), in 2007 it became Bangor University, independent from the University of Wales.
Currently, Bangor is host to around 12,000 students from 85 different countries and 650 teaching staff. Bangor offers more than 300 undergraduate and 100 postgraduate programs across five colleges. The university is situated on the coast of North Wales, about 450km northwest of London. Manchester International Airport is around two hours away by train.
Bangor is regarded to be amongst the UK’s best university locations, situated between the mountains of Snowdonia and the Irish Sea and offering some of the finest beaches and most beautiful scenery in the country. Bangor’s location on the coast means that it is well known for Ocean Science. Moreover, North Wales is an area of outstanding natural beauty, yet close to major cities such as Manchester and Liverpool, so traveling to and from Bangor is easy, with London also easily accessible by direct train.
However, it has also built up a strong reputation for Accounting & Finance, Sport Science, and Electronic Engineering as well. The latest National Student Survey ranks Bangor University in the UK’s top 15 for student satisfaction and the best in Wales.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
Bangor University, United Kingdom
Bangor University, United Kingdom
Postgraduate (Masters) degree
Field(s) of Study:
All Postgraduate Research Programs (Ph.D., MPhil, Masters by research) starting in the academic year 2022/23 (start date between 1st Sept 2022 to 31 August 2023).
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Domestic and International students
5 pm UK time on 6th June 2022
Moreover, Bangor University will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
- 50% discount on the published International Tuition Fee for each year of study. Continuation of the scholarship to the next academic year is subject to acceptable academic progression.
Eligibility Requirements for the Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Furthermore, candidates will have to meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program:
- The Vice-Chancellor scholarship is for outstanding international and EU applicants.
- All candidates must hold/ be on track to achieve the equivalent of a UK 1st class bachelor degree and/ or equivalent of a Distinction at UK Masters’ level to be eligible.
- All candidates must hold an offer of admission for a research program starting in the academic year 2022/23 (start date between 1st Sept 2022 to 31 August 2023).
- Both part-time and full-time Postgraduate Research offer holders are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Also, the scholarship is open to self-funded and partially-funded International and EU students only. Candidates who are fully sponsored by a third party will not be entitled to these Scholarships.
- Students must be paying International Tuition Fee levels.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program:
- Firstly, check your eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed below.
- Complete the Vice-Chancellor scholarship application form before the deadline: 5 pm UK time on 6th June 2022.
- Moreover, you must obtain a supporting statement from an academic member of staff at the relevant Bangor University Academic school, see the link in the box on the right.
- Then, eligible applications will be forwarded to the academic school and a selection panel will make the decision. The panel will inform the successful candidates by the middle of July 2022.
- However, scholarship winners will have to pay a tuition fee deposit of £2,000 within two weeks of the scholarship offer in order to confirm their acceptance of the scholarship.
Furthermore, visit the official website to access the application and also read the conditions for all scholarship winners.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility criteria and application instructions for the Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship.