Work Permit Visa in Cambodia: Complete Guide for Visa to Cambodia and Entry Requirements
Are you an international scholar seeking work and permit visas to Cambodia? do you want to know the necessary requirements that help you to secure a work permit visa in Cambodia? what do you think a study and work program could be like in Cambodia?? if you are very much interested in studying abroad as an international student then a visa to Cambodia is a good option for you because you have a lot to learn and research with the best benefits as well. Meanwhile, relax and read up this article slowly till the end to grab more.
If you are not a native of Cambodia but planning to work there anytime soon, you will need to obtain a valid work permit visa.
Foreign students or nationals who have an interest in working in Cambodia are required by law to get an E-class visa for their travel.
The E-visa is previously known as an “ordinary” visa and allows you to legally work within the country. In addition to a valid e-class visa, you will also need an employment card from the Ministry of Labor and a work permit.
However, to begin the process of applying for a Cambodian work visa, you’ll need to get all important documents to ensure your application is approved.
What Is the Duration of a Cambodia Visa?
Once you receive a Cambodian visa (whether online, on arrival, or at an Embassy), you can stay in Cambodia for up to 30 days from the day you enter.
Can You Extend a Cambodia Visa?
Affirmative, you can extend all Cambodian visas, both tourist and ordinary:
- A Cambodia tourist visa can be extended only once for another 30 days at the Immigration Department of the Cambodian National Police.
- Ordinary (E) visas can be extended for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months, depending on your need, at the Immigration Department of the Cambodian National Police.
Why take up Cambodia as a country to study
Cambodia is a good country that is known for having strict laws on proper visas and work permits on paper but leniency in practice.
However, you must also have a local license and be an incorporated entity within the country before you can sponsor foreign employees.
Globalization Partners is here to help with work visas in Cambodia as well, however as an employer, you need to ensure all employees obtain the proper Cambodia work permits.
Types of Work Visas in Cambodia (Work Permit Visa in Cambodia)
Firstly, all foreign nationals coming to Cambodia for work must obtain an E-class visa, previously known as a business or ordinary visa.
They must also obtain a work permit and employment card through the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (MLVT).
Let’s take a look at the below visa available for this:
- EG visa: The general visa that applies to those searching for employment. It can last one, three, or six months.
- ER visa: An ER visa is for those looking to retire in Cambodia. They must show documentation of retirement in their home country and prove they can financially support themselves.
- EB visa: It is the most common option for foreign nationals working in Cambodia. It applies to anyone working in the country, starting a business, freelancing, and staying in Cambodia for more than a month.
- EP visa: EP visas are issued to foreign nationals coming to Cambodia to look for a job, start a business, or remain in the country after their initial 30-day stay under the E-class visa expires.
- ES visa: A visa issued to students going to a school or university in Cambodia. Holders can extend it indefinitely as long as they can provide a letter from a registered Cambodian school and show they can financially support themselves.
- ET visa: This is the technician visa extension, meant for those who work in specific trades or industries.
What is expected of you as an international scholar
Applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- The right to reside in Cambodia
- have the physical qualifications for the relevant job; and
- No communicable diseases.
- have a job offer from an employer who is compliant with relevant regulations regarding the employment of foreign nationals in Cambodia
- have entered Cambodia legally
- possess an original passport with at least six months validity
Country Cambodia Visa (Work Permit Visa in Cambodia)
Everyone needs a visa to enter a country however passport holders of the following countries may not need it for some period:
- Philippines (21 days)
- Seychelles (14 days)
- Singapore (30 days)
- Brunei (14 days)
- Indonesia (30 days)
- Laos (30 days)
- Malaysia (30 days)
- Thailand (14 days)
- Vietnam (30 days)
Requirements to Obtain a Work Visa and Permit visa in Cambodia
You must provide the information necessary to obtain a work visa. They are:
- Tax patent with the company stamp.
- List of all foreign and local employees to ensure the ratio is not below 9:1
- Certificate of incorporation with the company stamp.
- Registered business address.
- Your company’s articles of incorporation.
Employees are required to provide their own information like:
- Copy of their E visa
- Their current address
- Full names of their mother and father
- Their name, gender, date of birth, and height
- Copies of their ID cards and passports
- Health certificate
- Information about their role with the company
- The year they received their first E visa
How to Get an eVisa (Work Permit Visa in Cambodia)
You have to apply for the Cambodia eVisa through the official website of the Cambodian Foreign Affairs Services. Meanwhile, look at the steps below:
- Start the application process through the official government website.
- Pay the application fee through your debit or credit card.
- The cost of a Cambodia visa is US$30 plus a US$6 processing fee.
- Wait for the visa to be processed. It can take about three days.
- Receive the Cambodia eVisa confirmation.
- Travel to Cambodia and show the confirmation to the Immigration officers at the entry point.
You can enter Cambodia using an eVisa from any below entry ports
- Preah Sihanouk International Airport
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong) – Thailand border
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey) – Thailand border
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Bavet (Svay Rieng) – Vietnam border
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treng) – Laos Border
Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos borders for a Cambodian visa permit
- Banteay Chakrey International Border Check Point
- Bavet International Check Point
- Kha Orm Sam Nor International Check Point
- Oyadav International Check Point
- Phnom Den International Check Point
- Prek Chak International Check Point
- Samrong International Check Point
- Tropeang Sre International Check Point
- Tropieng Phlong International Check Point
- Anglong Veng International Check Point
- Cham Yeam International Check Point
- Doung International Check Point
- Osmach International Check Point
- Poi Pet International Check Point
- Prum International Check Point
- Dong Krolar International Check Point
Steps to Apply for a Cambodia Visa on Arrival (Work Permit Visa in Cambodia)
Easy ways through these steps to apply for a Cambodia visa on arrival for tourism (T class) or business purposes (EB visa):
- Firstly, Fill out an immigration card which you receive on the airplane. If you do not get an immigration card on the airplane, you can get it at the airport/entry point.
- Wait in line at the visa on arrival application counter. Usually, there is a sign at the airport/entry point leading to where the application center is.
- Present your passport, immigration card, passport-sized pictures, your return travel ticket, as well as enough cash to pay the visa fee. The fee for a Visa on Arrival is US$30 for a tourist visa and US$35 for business visa. You must pay in US dollars and cash.
- Wait for a few minutes until the immigration officers process your visa application.
- Finally, the immigration officer will also take your picture and fingerprints before stamping your visa on the passport.
Steps to Apply for a Cambodia Visa at an Embassy
You can apply for a Cambodian visa at one of the diplomatic missions of Cambodia abroad. This can be an Embassy or Consulate…
- Locate the nearest Embassy/Consulate. See a list of diplomatic missions of Cambodia (https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/km/diplomatic-corps). get along their addresses and contact information.
- Contact the Embassy/Consulate or visit its website to learn more about the visa application process and requirements.
- Collect the required documents.
- Go to the Embassy/Consulate in person or send the application by mail, depending on their specific requirements.
- Submit and then wait for a reply.