Study in China: Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship (CSC Program) 2022
Do you wish to study abroad in 2022? Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students to begin their study adventure in China. This is a good chance for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in China on a scholarship. Applications for Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship are currently open to international students who wish to enroll in a postgraduate degree at the Chinese University.
The MOFCOM Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship offered by the China Scholarship Council through the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China. These scholarships are available to high potential international students with an interest to study for a postgraduate degree in China. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries.
Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China. China Scholarship Council is entrusted to administer the Scholarship.
However, there are several Chinese Universities offering scholarships for international students every year. Xiamen University is among the universities that recruit international students under this scholarship scheme.
About the University
Xiamen University (XMU), founded in 1921 by renowned patriotic overseas Chinese leader Mr. Tan Kah Kee, is a comprehensive institution of higher education directly affiliated with China’s Ministry of Education. In 2017, XMU was included in the list of Type A universities designated by the Chinese Government to achieve world-class standing.
The University was placed among the world’s top 400 institutions in various authoritative world university rankings, such as Times Higher Education, QS, US News, and ARWU. Currently, the University has a total enrollment of approximately 40,000 students, including 20,651 in bachelor’s degree programs, 16,712 in master’s degree programs, and 4,737 in doctoral degree programs, with 1,208 international students in degree programs.
Students enjoy a world-class intellectual environment on a campus nestled snugly between the hills and the sea and known for its top-notch faculty and first-class facilities. They form a vibrant and essential part of the XMU community. Over the years, XMU has forged partnerships with more than 250 higher-learning institutions in the U.K., the U.S., Japan, France, and Russia and engaged in substantive cooperation with 50 of the world’s top 200 universities.
Moreover, the University operates 14 Confucius Institutes in North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. In February 2016, Xiamen University Malaysia (XMUM) welcomed its first cohort of students. As one of the nation’s leading institutions of higher education, XMU is committed to developing the intellectual and personal strengths of its students.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship.
The scholarship is offered by the China Scholarship Council through the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China.
Xiamen University, China
Field(s) of Study:
English-taught Master’s programs at Xiamen University
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
MOFCOM Scholarship supports the Master’s program for 2 years.
Moreover, the Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship recipients will be provided with the following inclusions.
- To begin with, students are exempt from tuition fees, teaching material fees, research and survey fees, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fees;
- Furthermore, free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master’s student,
- 42000RMB per year per Ph.D. student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- Also, one-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First time flying to China after enrollment, and Fly back to the home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year);
- However, the annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities as a whole, and shall not be distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.
Eligibility Requirements for the Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship
Furthermore, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- To begin with, applicants must be citizens of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and under the age of 45;
- furthermore, the applicant must also be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not have any disease or situation;
- also have at least three years of working experience, and be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for a master’s program;
- be incumbents with relevant educational background or working experience in the applied program are preferred;
- applicants must be public officials of division level and above (or corresponding level) in government sectors, senior management staff of organizations and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and research institutions;
- be sufficient in English which meets the academic requirements of Xiamen University’s English-medium programs, be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above level;
- and also have the potential for professional development, and is committed to promoting the friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host country and China;
- moreover, applicants must be neither studying in China nor being admitted to other scholarship programs provided by the Chinese government.
How to Apply
Meanwhile. you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Xiamen University MOFCOM Scholarship. However, this is the document list for the scholarship online application.
- To begin with, visit www.campuschina.org, to access the application form. Click “Scholarship Application for Students”) and print the hard copy.
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- Furthermore, a Study Plan or Research Proposal, plus a resume including the educational background and working experience after high school; Applicants for entry to the School of Economics or Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics should complete the attached Study Plan Form for their Master’s Program Application.
- Also, two recommendation letters, including one from the current employer and one from an academic perspective;
- Physical Examination Record for Inbound Travellers;
- Moreover, a photocopy of the English proficiency certificate; (a TOEFL iBT certificate with a score of 80 or above, or an IELTS certificate with an overall score of 6.0 or above. Applicants who have taken all courses in English during their bachelor’s degree studies are exempt from this requirement. But a medium-of-instruction certificate from the University should be furnished. Native English speakers are exempt from this requirement.)
- Photocopy of a valid regular passport.
- Also, Certificate of No Criminal Record. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of No Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority. Usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
- However, other application documents are required by Xiamen University. For details, please refer to https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Master_s_Students.html
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for this scholarship program.