Fully Funded Yenching Academy Scholarship 2022 at Peking University for International Students
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students seeking to pursue their academic studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in China on a scholarship. Applications for the Yenching Academy Scholarship at Peking University are currently open for international students who wish to pursue their academic studies in China.
Moreover, the Yenching Academy Scholarship is a fully-funded international scholarship that is available to both domestic and foreign students who enroll in a postgraduate degree program at Perking University, China. However, in this article, we will provide information in detail about the Yenching Academy Scholarship, eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to the scholarship program.
About The Yenching Academy Scholarship
The Yenching Academy Scholarship is a fully-funded two-year interdisciplinary graduate program at the Yenching Academy of Perking University, China. However, the program was launched in 2015. It is a global leadership program designed to provide outstanding young scholars from around the world, with full scholarships for a two-year master’s degree from Peking University.
Moreover, the Yenching Academy Scholarship is an intensive global leadership program designed to provide outstanding young scholars with a broad interdisciplinary graduate education that reflects global perspectives. The program is designed to cultivate leaders who will advocate for global progress and cultural understanding.
Furthermore, the Yenching Academy of Peking University aims to build bridges between China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies. This initiative brings together young people who have demonstrated a talent for leadership and innovation. At Yenching, they are immersed in an intensive learning environment where they can explore China and its role in the world—past, present, and future. The Academy’s goal is to shape new generations of global citizens with a nuanced understanding of China.
Yenching Academy Scholarships at Perking University
However, the Yenching Academy provides full fellowships to its scholars and offers them a wide array of interdisciplinary courses on China within broadly defined fields of the humanities and social sciences. Working closely with their academic mentors, Yenching Scholars create their own study paths by choosing courses from six research areas. They participate in a variety of extracurricular activities and field studies, organized by the Yenching Academy, and designed by scholars themselves. Studying at the Academy is an exceptional opportunity to take part in intercultural exchanges and interdisciplinary learning, developing both personally and professionally.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Yenching Academy Scholarship.
Perking University, Beijing, China
Full funding scholarships
Scholarship/ Study Level:
Master’s Degree Program
Field(s) of Study:
- Law and society
- Economics and management
- Public policy and international relations,
- Literature and culture
- History and archaeology
- Philosophy and religion
Number of Awards:
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
This scholarship program is available for Mainland Chinese candidates, Chinese Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan Candidates, and for international candidates.
The duration of the Yenching Academy Scholarship is 2 years.
December 3, 2021 (12:00 noon Beijing time).
Furthermore, the Yenching Academy provides the recipients with the following inclusions.
- Full tuition fees
- Round trip airfare to Beijing
- Living costs on the Peking University campus
Eligibility Requirements for The Yenching Academy Scholarship
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the scholarship program
- Applicants for the scholarship must be have completed their bachelor’s degree before starting the scholarship program Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2022
- English language proficiency (Chinese language proficiency is not required)
- An outstanding academic record
- Strong interest in an interdisciplinary study of China
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential
- Moreover, applicants must not be above 25 years of age on 31 August in the year during which the program starts; students from countries with mandatory national service for university graduates must be 27 years of age or younger
- Furthermore, marital status is not considered (however spouses or partners will not be funded by the scholarship or accommodated in the college)
- Also, there are no citizenship requirements
However, note that Peking University does not allow students to be enrolled in other degree programs whilst studying at the university.
How to Apply for The Yenching Academy Scholarship
Moreover, follow the step by step guidelines below to apply for this scholarship program
- Firstly, candidates will have to apply through the Yenching Academy’s online application portal. You will need to create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal. Then submit the supporting documents below in English. They are as follows:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
However, click here to apply for the scholarship program
Moreover, in addition to the requirements and application instructions, please note the following:
Native English speakers and students or alumni of an English-taught degree program (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores. TOEFL and IELTS English proficiency tests must be taken after September 1, 2020. Currently, the academy does not accept TOEFL MyBest Scores and results from TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition.
Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, they will only accept scores sent directly from these organizations. Make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam time. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below before applying for more details on the requirements and application instructions on the Yenching Academy Scholarship at Perking University, China. As information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.