Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2021/23 in Austria
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students who wish to pursue their academic studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Austria on a scholarship. Applications for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship are currently open to international students across the globe seeking to pursue their postdoctoral research for the 2021/23 academic session in Austria.
Moreover, the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship offers outstanding researchers the opportunity to contribute to the broad range of research activities at the Oesterreichische National bank(OeNB)’s Economic Analysis and Research Department. However, in this article, we will provide information in detail about the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, its eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to this scholarship.
About The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
The Oesterreichische National bank (OeNB) has replaced the economic research awards previously conferred by its Economic Analysis and Research Department with the newly established “Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.” However, this scholarship gives outstanding researchers the opportunity to contribute to the broad range of research activities at the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department by providing consultancy services.
Moreover, the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research scholarship program targets Austrian and international experts with a proven research record in economics and finance and with postdoctoral research experience. Applicants need to be inactive employment with a research institution in Austria or abroad and should be interested in broadening their research horizon and expanding their personal research networks in an environment of increasing international research mobility.
Furthermore, the main purpose of the scholarship program is to provide a framework for facilitating sustainable networking and cooperation in research between Austrian and international experts likewise the OeNB staff. The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program awards students for research work with the aim of offering the chance to use their expertise to participate in the Economic Analysis and Research Department’s research activities for an agreed period.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program
The Oesterreichische National bank (OeNB)
The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
Partial funding scholarships
Scholarship/ Study Level:
Field(s) of Study:
Economics & Business, International Affairs, Politics
Scholarship Value/ Worth:
See the scholarship benefits section for details
Number of Awards:
The OeNB awards three (3) scholarships each year on the basis of the Department’s current research agenda
Austrian and international students
October 31, 2021
Scholarship Benefits or Inclusions
Furthermore, the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship provides the recipients with the following inclusions:
- Each Scholarship recipient receives a consultancy fee of EUR 3,300 per month but the fee must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire period of the Scholarship (net of value-added tax). This fee shall satisfy all claims of the scholarship recipient toward the OeNB. If the consultancy services are subject to value-added tax, the consultancy fee will be increased by the applicable sales tax rate (currently 20%).
Moreover, the scholarship recipients pay for their accommodation during the consultancy period. If possible, the recipient may be offered assistance in finding accommodation in Vienna. The Scholarship recipient shall not have any legal claim to accommodation or to support in finding accommodation.
Eligibility Requirements for The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
However, you must meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the scholarship program. They include:
- The scholarship program only targets Austrian and international experts with research records in economics and finance and with postdoctoral research experience.
- Also, applicants must have completed a Ph.D. or hold an equivalent degree and published work, and done scientific research in the fields defined in the call for Scholarship applications.
- Only applications submitted by natural persons will be accepted. It is not possible to apply for more than one scholarship under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program.
- Applicants can be of any nationality and there is no age limit.
- Eligible candidates shall be acknowledged experts with a proven track record in economic research and shall be well integrated into their research community.
- Applicants must provide proof of active employment with a research institution at the time of their application and for the period for which the Scholarship is granted.
- Applicants who have received a Scholarship under the program will not be able to re-apply. Neither shall applications for renewal be accepted
- Employees of the European Central Bank or other central banks in the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) are not eligible for Scholarships.
How to Apply for The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
Moreover, follow the step-by-step guidelines below to apply for this scholarship program.
Firstly, note that all applications must be in English and sent to the OeNB’s Economic Research and Analysis Department by e-mail. Then, all applicants must provide the following documents and information:
- A letter of motivation, including an indication of the time period envisaged for the consultancy
- Detailed consultancy proposal
- A description of current research topics and activities
- Academic curriculum vitae
- An up-to-date list of publications (or an extract therefrom)
- The names of two references that the OeNB may contact to obtain further information about the applicant
- Proof of basic income (employment contract with the applicant’s home institution) during the term of the Scholarship, i.e. the consultancy period at the OeNB
- Written confirmation by the home institution that the Scholarship, i.e. the provision of consultancy services by the applicant, is not in violation of the applicant’s employment contract with the home institution
However, also note that you will have to compile all documents into one single PDF file. The OeNB’s Economic Research and Analysis Department will check the documents you submit for completeness and request additional documents, if necessary.
Click here for more details on the application instructions for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.
However, in addition to the application instructions, primarily, applications will be accepted from mid-May to the closing date at the end of October. The exact closing dates for applications will be published on the OeNB’s website at the beginning of the annual application period.
Moreover, the selection criteria and procedure for the scholarship are as follows:
- The decision about the award of Scholarships will be made by a jury.
- All applicants will get a notification in writing of the selection committee’s decision in a timely manner.
- Recipients of scholarships shall provide their consultancy services in the calendar year following the Scholarship award decision.
More Details on The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
Furthermore, below are some additional details on the scholarship program:
- Recipients of Scholarship shall use their expertise to participate in the Economic Analysis and Research Department’s research activities. The transfer of knowledge between Scholarship recipients and OeNB staff shall be at the core of the consultancy services.
- The Economic Analysis and Research Department shall get in touch with scholarship recipients shortly after the selection committee has made its decisions in order to discuss and agree on the scope, timing, and duration of the consultancy.
- A consultancy contract concluded with the Scholarship recipients shall provide the legal basis for the consultancy services. This contract shall be signed by both contracting parties at the beginning of the consultancy.
- The consultancy contract does not establish an employment relationship or freelance or other service contracts (“freies Dienstverhältnis”) with the OeNB, and neither does it confer upon the Scholarship recipient a right to such a contract.
- As a rule, the consultancy services under the Scholarship shall be provided over a period of three months. The duration agreed by the contracting parties for the consultancy periods may also differ, but the consultancy period must not last longer than six months.
Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
- The contracting parties may agree on the consultancy services to be provided by the Scholarship recipient on the premises of the OeNB (1090 Vienna) in the agreed period.
- Moreover, each Scholarship recipient receives a consultancy fee subject to the scope of the consultancy service. The fee must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire period of the Scholarship (net of value-added tax). This fee shall satisfy all claims of the scholarship recipient toward the OeNB. If the consultancy services are subject to value-added tax. The consultancy fee will increase by the applicable sales tax rate (currently 20%).
- Also, at the end of the consultancy period, the Scholarship recipient shall provide a report about his or her activities during the consultancy period and relevant results.
- The Scholarship recipient pays for his/her own accommodation during the consultancy period. The OeNB will assist the recipient in finding accommodation in Vienna if possible. The Scholarship recipient shall not have any legal claim to accommodation or to support in finding accommodation.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the requirements and application instructions for the scholarship program. As information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.