Radboud Scholarship Program 2022 in the Netherlands for International Students
Do you wish to study abroad on a scholarship? Here’s your chance to study at one of the top-rated universities in Europe. This is a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in the Netherlands on a scholarship. Applications for the Radboud Scholarship Program are currently open to international students who wish to pursue their academic studies in the Netherlands.
This scholarship is available to outstanding non-EEA students who wish to enroll for their postgraduate (master’s degree) studies at Radboud University in the Netherlands. However, the Radboud Scholarship Program is a very selective program.
Therefore, in this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you need to know about the Radboud Scholarship Program. From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information about the scholarship program.
About the Radboud Scholarship Program
The Radboud Scholarship Program is a very selective scholarship program. It offers talented, highly motivated, non-EEA students with outstanding academic results, the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for a complete English-taught Radboud University Master’s degree program.
Moreover, each year, a number of partial scholarships are awarded within the Radboud Scholarship Program for the duration of one of the English taught Master’s degree programs (with the exception of Erasmus Mundus Master’s programs and joint-degree Master’s programs).
However, Radboud University is a public research university located in Nijmegen, Netherlands. The university bears the name of Saint Radboud, a 9th-century Dutch bishop who was known for his intellect and support of the underprivileged. Established in 1923, Radboud University has consistently been included in the top 150 universities in the world by four major university ranking tables. As of 2020, it ranks 105th in the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Furthermore, Radboud University is home to international students from 100 countries and offers them 14 Bachelor’s and 35 Master’s programs. Across its 7 faculties, teachers and researchers from over 50 countries explore all domains of science.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Radboud Scholarship Program:
Radboud University, Nijmegen, Netherlands.
Radboud University, Nijmegen, Netherlands.
Field(s) of Study:
English-taught Masters Degree Program (with the exception of Erasmus Mundus Master’s programs and joint-degree Master’s programs). Under the following faculties:
Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Nijmegen School of Managemen, Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Social Sciences.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
A maximum of 37 Radboud Scholarships are available for the 2022/23 academic session
Non-EU/EEA International Students
28 February 2022 (annual)
Furthermore, the Radboud Scholarship Program provides the recipients with the following inclusions:
A Radboud Scholarship will reduce your tuition fee to € 2,209,- For example, a grant holder in 2022/2023 will pay a tuition fee of only €2,209,- instead of €16,000.
Moreover, the scholarship also covers costs for a visa, residence permit, health insurance, and liability insurance for your stay in the Netherlands.
In case you are selected as a scholarship recipient and you are admitted to a two-year Master’s program: to qualify for the grant again for the second year, you need to have passed all courses in the first year.
Eligibility Requirements for the Radboud Scholarship Program
However, you must meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the Radboud University Scholarship Program. They are as follows:
- Applicants must hold a non-EU/EEA passport
- You are not eligible for the lower EEA tuition fee for other reasons
- Have (will obtain) a Bachelor’s degree achieved outside the Netherlands, have no degrees achieved in the Netherlands, and did not receive any previous education in the Netherlands (exchange programs excluded, provided that they are part of the bachelor degree achieved outside the Netherlands)
- You must meet the English language proficiency requirement for the Master’s program of your choice
- Have been fully admitted to the English-taught Master’s degree program starting 1 September 2022 as stated in the formal letter of admission
- Are able to comply with the conditions for obtaining a visa for the Netherlands
- Are enrolled at Radboud University as a full-time student for the academic year and Master’s degree program for which the scholarship will be awarded
How to Apply for the Radboud Scholarship Program
Follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the scholarship program:
However, there’s no separate application procedure for the Radboud Scholarship Program. You can apply by indicating during your application for admission for a master’s program in the OSIRIS Application system that you wish to apply for a Radboud Scholarship. Then, you will be requested to upload three additional documents which are: two reference letters and a curriculum vitae. You can still upload the same documents again for the scholarship application. Even if you have already uploaded these documents for the master’s program application.
Moreover, you must have completed your application in the online OSIRIS Application system on 28 February 2022 at 23:59 CEST. The selection for the scholarship and the admission to the Master’s program are two separate processes: admission to the Master’s program does not imply selection for the scholarship.
Furthermore, note that incomplete applications will not be considered for the Radboud Scholarship selection. Therefore, please be advised and submit your application in the online OSIRIS Application in early February 2022 at the latest so that the Admissions Office has enough time to review your application and inform you in case that it is incomplete.
However, please note the following in addition to the eligibility requirements and application instructions.
The Radboud Scholarship cannot be combined with the Radboud Encouragement Scholarship, Fulbright-Radboud Scholarship, Orange Tulip Scholarship. or Holland Scholarship. You can apply for more than one scholarship, but only one will be granted.
Moreover, it is important to visit the official website to access the online application system for more detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- 2022/23 VU Amsterdam Fellowship Program for International Students
- University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) 2022/23 for International Students
- Holland Scholarships 2022/23 for Non-EEA International Students
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships 2022/23 in Switzerland
Selection Criteria for the Scholarship Program
Furthermore, the selection of the recipients for the scholarship will be on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Outstanding study results in your present field of study, for example through grades, test scores, publications.
- Relevancy of your previous degree to the master’s program.
- The ranking of the university where you obtained your previous degree(s).
- The quality and relevance of your motivation letter for the Master’s program.
- Show promise, based on previous achievements, performances, and work in the relevant field of study.
- Life experience and/or extracurricular activities such as internships or volunteering.
- Quality of the recommendations in the two reference letters, preferably two academic references.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for this scholarship program. This is because information may change at any moment without notice.
Comments are closed.