University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) 2022/23 for International Students
Are you a student seeking a master’s education abroad? Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students who wish to pursue their academic studies overseas. This is a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in the Netherlands. Applications for the 2022/23 University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) are currently open to international students who want to do their master’s education at one of the leading schools in the Netherlands.
Moreover, the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for outstanding students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries who are applying for a graduate program (MSc) at the University of Twente in the Netherlands. However, in this article, we will provide information in detail about everything you need to know about the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS). From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to the Scholarship program.
About the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate program(MSc) at the University of Twente. The students receive between € 3,000 and € 22,000 for one year.
Moreover, the University of Twente is a public technical university located in Enschede, Netherlands. Established in 1961, the UT collaborates with the Delft University of Technology, the Eindhoven University of Technology, and the Wageningen University and Research Centre under the umbrella of 4TU and is also a partner in the European Consortium of Innovative Universities (ECIU).
Furthermore, the university has been placed in the top 250 universities in the world by multiple central ranking tables. In addition, the UT was ranked the best technical university in the Netherlands by Keuzegids Universiteiten, the most significant national university ranking.
However, here’s a brief summary of the University of Twente Scholarships:
The University of Twente, the Netherlands
The University of Twente, the Netherlands
Scholarship/ Study Level:
Field(s) of Study:
Qualifying master’s degree programs are offered at the University of Twente. They are as follows:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental and Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
Up to €22,000 per annum. See the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Number of Awards:
Approximately 50 scholarships
The scholarship offer is open to international students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries
1st February 2022
However, the scholarship value ranges from € 3,000 to € 22,000 for one year. In the case of a two-year study program, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must obtain:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
Moreover, bear in mind that this scholarship serves as compensation for study-related costs. It is up to the scholarship recipient to decide how to spend the money. No costs, such as tuition fees will be paid on your behalf.
Eligibility Requirements for the University of Twente Scholarships
However, applicants will have to meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply for UTS. The requirements are as follows:
- Application for a UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programs starting in the academic year 2022/2023 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate program;
- Moreover, you must have a student number.
- You also comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- Also, you comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
How to Apply for the University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
Furthermore, follow the step by step guidelines below to apply for the UTS:
Firstly, you will have to apply for a Master’s program. Once you apply for a Master’s program and receive a (conditional) admission letter, then you can apply for the scholarship with your student number. UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current University of Twente students. The UTS is not available for Master’s programs at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC). The UTS is not available for the pre-Master program.
You can click here to file or start the online application process for the scholarship program.
However, it is important that you visit the official website to start the application process and for more details on the requirements and how to apply for this scholarship.
Moreover, the application deadline and details are as follows:
Application deadline – round 1:
- Application form opens per 15 October 2021, 09.00 CET
- forms close per 1 February 2022, 16.00 CET (for programs starting September 2022)
Application deadline – round 2:
- Application form opens per 1 February 2022, 16.00 CET
- form closes per 1 May 2022, 16.00 CET (for programs starting September 2022)
If you applied in round 1, and your application was rejected, an application in round 2 is not considered. You can only be awarded one UT scholarship.
You May Also Like:
- Trent University International Scholarships 2022 in Canada
- University of Alabama International Scholarship 2022 in the USA
- Holland Scholarships 2022/23 for Non-EEA International Students
- EPFL Excellence Fellowships 2022 in Switzerland
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below, for details on requirements and application instruction for the University of Twente Scholarships. This is because information may change at any moment without notice.