University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarships 2022/23 in Canada
Start your study abroad journey in 2023! Here’s another fantastic scholarship on offer to students who wish to pursue their academic studies in Canada. Applications for the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarships are currently open to excellent students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada.
The International Entrance Scholarships are targeted at undergraduate students of any faculty. It will be awarded during the enrollment process into the university. Moreover, the University of Calgary is pleased to offer this award and many others to encourage international participation in the university. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, this article will explain everything you need to know about the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarships. From the eligibility requirements to the scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarships
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of international students beginning their undergraduate studies at the University in the Fall term. The criteria for the Scholarship include not only academic excellence but also accomplishments outside the classroom.
Moreover, the University of Calgary offers students a high-quality educational experience that prepares them for success in life and research that addresses society’s most persistent challenges.
The University of Calgary
The University of Calgary (U of C or UCalgary) is a public research university in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The university is a leading Canadian university in the nation’s most enterprising city. Ranked one of the top ten research universities in Canada, the University of Calgary houses 73 Canada Research Chairs and more than 80 research institutes and centers working to address society’s most persistent and emerging challenges.
Moreover, the University of Calgary is advancing to become a global intellectual hub, where over 33,000+ students thrive in programs rich in research and hands-on experiences. The university offers more than 200 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs and provides the broader community with lifelong learning opportunities.
Furthermore, the University of Calgary is a member of the U15 group of Canadian public research universities, contributing upwards of C$36 billion annually to the national economy. Considered one of Canada’s top universities, it drives $16.5 billion in economic impact to its host province of Alberta alone. University of Calgary alumni are effectively building the local community, with more than two-thirds of 202,500+ graduates living and working in the Calgary area.
Meanwhile, the University of Calgary has ranked in several post-secondary rankings. In the 2022 Academic Ranking of World Universities rankings, the university ranked 151–200 worldwide and 7–8 in Canada. The 2023 QS World University Rankings ranked the university 242nd in the world and tenth in Canada. The 2022 Times Higher Education World University Rankings ranked the university 201–250 in the world and 8–11 in Canada. In the 2022 U.S. News & World Report Best Global University Ranking, the university ranked 169th worldwide and seventh in Canada.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarships.
The University of Calgary
The University of Calgary
Field(s) of Study:
Bachelor’s degree in any subject
See the scholarship benefits section below for details.
Number of Awards:
International students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
It depends on the selected bachelor’s program
1st December/ 1st March (Annual)
Furthermore, the International Entrance Scholarships recipients will be provided with the following inclusions:
The scholarship is $15,000, renewable annually in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms. The total amount over four years of the undergraduate program is $60,000.
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarships.
- Offered annually to undergraduate international students entering their first year in any undergraduate degree in the upcoming fall term who have satisfied the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement.
- Renewable in the second, third, and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms and continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student.
- International students who are required to pay a differential fee and who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada
- Furthermore, academic merit will be the primary consideration in selecting candidates.
How to Apply for the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarships
Interested applicants can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the International Entrance Scholarships.
To begin with, this is an entrance scholarship; therefore, prospective candidates must first apply for a study place at the university to be given a conditional or unconditional offer for admission.
To apply for your undergraduate program at the university:
- You can start your application. Begin by creating a UCalgary eID.
- Use the application guide to help you with your application.
- Submit your application and pay your $145 application fee.
- Based on your application, you will be informed via your Calgary Student Center on how and where to submit any required documents. Visit the documents page for more information.
You can apply for awards as soon as you apply for admission. However, scholarships are awarded automatically based on academic merit.
Follow these steps to apply for the International Entrance Scholarships:
- Access your Student Center in your myUofC portal.
- In your Student Center, click on the “My Financials” page.
- Scroll down to the Awards & Scholarships section, and click on “Apply for Undergraduate Awards.” Please ensure popups are enabled. If pop-ups are blocked, the page will not display.
- A pop-up window will open on your screen with any open applications or ones that recently closed. Please pay attention to the Application Available and Application Deadline dates.
The application deadline for Fall 2022 admission is 1 December 2022 (early admission) and 1 March 2023 (standard admission).
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the scholarship program.