Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2022/23 for International Students
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students across the globe who wish to pursue their academic studies abroad. Applications for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2022 are currently open to international studies around the world seeking to pursue their graduate or postgraduate studies in Singapore. Providing an opportunity for students to study and research in universities in Singapore on a fully-funded scholarship.
Moreover, the Singapore International Graduate Award is a full funding merit-based scholarship for all international students across the globe. The SINGA scholarships award outstanding international students with excellent academic records to further their Ph.D. degree studies in the best Institutions in the country.
However, in this article, we will provide information in detail about the Singapore International Graduate Award, its eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to the SINGA scholarships.
About The Singapore International Graduate Award
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU). SINGA is a merit-based award given to international students with exceptional academic undergraduate or master’s records, and a strong interest in doing research leading to a doctorate (Ph.D.) in Science and Engineering at a Singapore University.
However, the Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU. Moreover, the Singapore International Graduate Award is fully funding full-time research scholarships for all international graduates to pursue their Ph.D. degrees in any subject under the field of science and technology.
Furthermore, Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights. SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the SINGA 2022 scholarships.
Ph.D. training will be carried out at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
Full funding scholarships
Scholarship or study Level:
Field(s) of Study:
Ph.D. programs in biomedical sciences and physical science and engineering
Scholarship value or worth:
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Approximately 240 per year
International students of all nationality
1 June 2022 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).
Furthermore, the SINGA scholarship provides the recipients with the following inclusions
The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will increase to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Eligibility Requirements for The Singapore International Graduate Award
However, applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the SINGA scholarship.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- Students who are citizens or permanent residents of Singapore, and who have previously studied in Singapore are not eligible to apply for the SINGA scholarships
SINGA is for the Ph.D. program and is not intended for students who wish to obtain a Master’s degree.
There is no age limit for SINGA applicants. While SINGA targets younger applicants, it also considers mature applicants with relevant research experience.
Moreover, SINGA only supports Ph.D. studies in the field of science and engineering. SINGA does not support MBAs or Ph.D. in humanities, finance, business management, or architecture.
How to Apply for The Singapore International Graduate Awards
Moreover, follow the step by step guidelines below to ally for the SINGA 2022 scholarships
However, note that all applications for the Singapore International Graduate Awards are done online. But firstly,
- You will need to go research areas to browse the Ph.D. projects of your interest
- Secondly, you will need to complete and submit an online application form using this link.
Then, you upload soft copies of the documentation requirements during your online application. The documents are as follows:
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- Bachelor’s Academic Transcripts (in English translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate / Scroll (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred
- Master’s Academic Transcripts, if any (in English translation)
- Master’s Degree Certificate / Scroll, if any (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees)
GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. Which are not compulsory but also good to include if available. As they may be part of the university admission requirement.
In addition to the application instructions, note that you don’t need to mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA office. As all necessary documents and applications will be online. Moreover, the submission for August 2022 intake: 1 December 2021 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time). While the deadline for January 2022 intake was 1 June 2021.
Furthermore, ensure to read the important information below:
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will serve as a verification basis upon your first log-in.
- Also, please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as they will only process applications with 2 recommendation reports.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after submission.
- Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics at Monash University, Australia.
- Media, Communications and Sociology Merit Postgraduate Scholarship
- University of East Anglia International Development Scholarships in the UK
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for further details on the requirements and application instructions on the SINGA scholarships. As information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.