Media, Communications and Sociology Merit Postgraduate Scholarship
Make your dream come true with this amazing scholarship on offer to international students to study in the United Kingdom. As the University of Leicester provides with a degree that challenges and prepares you for career success in the UK. Applications for the Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate International Scholarships are now open to students who wish to study in the UK, 2022/23.
Entry is now open at the University of Leicester in the United Kingdom. However, all postgraduate students will be eligible to make an application for this scholarship if they choose to apply for a program offered at the School of Media, Communications, and Sociology. The scholarship is valued at a maximum of £5,000.
In this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you need to know about the Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate International Scholarships. From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information about the scholarship program.
About the Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate International Scholarships
The Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate International Scholarships is a merit-based scholarship, worth either £3,000 or £5,000 per year. This scholarship is open to international-fee-paying students applying for a postgraduate degree in the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications, and Sociology.
Moreover, the University of Leicester is a public research university based in Leicester, England. The main campus is south of the city center, adjacent to Victoria Park. The university’s predecessor, University College, Leicester, gained university status in 1957.
The University of Leicester is in the East Midlands and currently has around 20,000 students enrolled, of which 1,500 of whom are international from over 80 different countries. Moreover, the University of Leicester is one of the UK’s fastest-growing universities and is currently undergoing a £300 million campus redevelopment program. The University of Leicester was voted ‘University of the Year’ by the Times in 2008 and finished runner up in the same category in 2014.
The university offers over 350 programs (degree) across three academic colleges: medicine, biological sciences and psychology, science and engineering, and arts and humanities. Its ethos emphasizes a cross-disciplinary approach, innovation, and collaboration.
Furthermore, the university’s position in 2022 global ranking is as follows:
- 37th – Times University Guide
- 30th – Guardian University Guide
- 236th – QS World University Rankings
- 185th – Times Higher Education World Rankings
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate International Scholarships:
University of Leicester, United Kingdom.
University of Leicester, United Kingdom.
Level of Study:
Field(s) of Study:
Postgraduate taught masters course in the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications, and Sociology
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Applications are on Rolling.
Furthermore, the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications, and Sociology provides the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
This scholarship rewards academic achievement, as follows:
- Degree equivalent to a UK high upper second class degree – £3,000.
- Degree equivalent to a UK first-class degree – £5,000.
Eligibility Requirements for the Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate International Scholarships
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the University of Leicester International Scholarships:
- You must be classified as an international student for fee purposes.
- You must be starting a full-time, campus-based taught Master’s course in the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications, and Sociology, commencing in September 2022 or January 2023.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee for each year of your course.
- The scholarship will not apply for periods of industrial placement or overseas exchange, or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students have the permission to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will only receive the higher value award.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you will still need to fulfill any conditions stated on your offer letter.
- UCSI University Trust Graduate International Scholarships in Malaysia
- Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarships for International Students at the University of Alberta
- Romanian Government Scholarships for Foreign Citizens 2022/23
- Orange Knowledge Program 2022/23 to Study in the Netherlands
How to Apply for the Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate International Scholarships
Furthermore, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program:
- Students can browse for the course they wish to apply to and click the Apply Now button at the end of it to make an admission application. All applications will be considered.
- The application must include the following supporting documents:
- Academic qualifications and transcripts
- Personal statement/research proposal
- Two completed references (one must be academic) OR names and contact details of two people from whom we can request references (one must be an academic referee).
However, there is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when you submit your final results.
Moreover, applications at the University of Leicester are reviewed on a rolling basis but students are advised to follow application deadlines as per their major if any.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the eligibility criteria and application instructions for the Media, Communication, and Sociology Merit Postgraduate International Scholarships at the University of Leicester.