Fully Funded University of Tasmania Scholarship 2022 in Australia for International Students
A wonderful opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying abroad on a scholarship. Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students who wish to pursue their academic studies in Australia. Applications for the University of Tasmania Scholarship 2022 are open for students from around the world seeking to pursue their higher education at the Australian University.
However, the University of Tasmania Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for both domestic and international students who enroll for research masters and Ph.D. studies in the university. Moreover, the scholarship is highly competitive and is awarded on the basis of academic merit, experience, and other applicable potentials.
Therefore, in this article, we will provide information in detail about the University of Tasmania Scholarship, eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to the scholarship program.
About The University of Tasmania Scholarship
The University of Tasmania Scholarship awards high-quality international and domestic candidates the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS) throughout the year. However, Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships are available across all research disciplines at the University of Tasmania and will be awarded to applicants with demonstrated research ability. Therefore, the scholarships are awarded on an academic merit basis, experience, and other relevant potentials.
Moreover, the University of Tasmania (UTAS) is a public research university located in Tasmania, Australia. Established in 1890, the university is Australia’s fourth oldest university. The university offers various undergraduate and graduate programs in a range of disciplines and has links with 20 specialist research institutes and co-operative research centers.
Furthermore, the university has more than 34,000 students and a network of over 105,000 alumni that strengthens the university’s community spanning more than 120 countries. However, the University of Tasmania provides a creative and stimulating academic environment and vibrating campus life.
However, the university is consistently ranked among the top research universities in Australia and in the top 2 percent of research institutions globally. The university is ranked 201-300th in the Academic Ranking of The World Universities (ARWU) in 2020.
Moreover, here’s an overview on the University of Tasmania Scholarships.
University of Tasmania, Australia
University of Tasmania, Australia
Full funding scholarships
Scholarship/ Study Level:
Masters degree and Ph.D. programs
Field(s) of Study:
Arts, Law and Education,
Health & Medicine,
Sciences & Engineering,
Business & Economics
Number of Awards:
Scholarship Value/ Worth:
See scholarship benefits in the section below for details
The scholarship is available to both domestic (Australian) and international students around the world
- Ph.D.: 3.5 years with no extension available. It is important to be aware that the duration of the scholarship is less than the maximum length of candidature which is 4 years.
- Masters: 2 years with no extension available.
June 04, 2021, October 29, 2021
Furthermore, the University of Tasmania Scholarship will provide the recipients with the following inclusions
- Living Allowance: AUD $28,597 per annum (2021 rate). This rate is indexed annually on 1st January.
- Relocation Allowance: The TGRS provides an allowance to assist with costs associated with relocating to Tasmania to undertake a Higher Degree by Research up to AUD $2,000.
- Tuition fees
Moreover, note that the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS) does not cover costs and fees, such as the Student Services and Amenities Fee, Overseas Health Cover, and visa costs. These are the candidate’s responsibilities.
Eligibility Requirements for The University of Tasmania Scholarship
However, applicants must meet the following requirements or criteria in order to be eligible for the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS).
- Successful applicants must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies and have achieved at least an upper second class Honors degree or equivalent.
- Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a full-time research Master’s or Doctoral degree in 2021.
- To be eligible for a Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship candidates must not be receiving another equivalent award, scholarship, or salary to undertake the proposed program (if that income is greater than seventy-five percent of the base Research Training Program stipend rate).
- However, income unrelated to the applicant’s Higher Degree by Research (e.g. employment income) or income received for the candidate’s Higher Degree by Research but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Moreover, applicants who have completed a degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level; and/or held an Australian Government or University funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than 6 months are eligible to apply and will be considered in the competitive selection process but will not be prioritized against other applicants who have not.
How to Apply for The University of Tasmania Scholarship
Furthermore, follow the step by step guidelines below to apply for the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS)
Applicants should complete an application in conjunction with their supervisory team. Please indicate on the application if you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
Future candidates should review the scholarship information above and then visit our Apply Now page for further instructions. The university will review and rank the scholarships on a competitive basis.
In addition to the application instructions, applicants for the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS) must first apply to undertake a higher degree by research at the University of Tasmania in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
However, before you start the application process make sure that you meet the university’s course entry requirements and English language proficiency. Also, you review the available research projects in the university choose a project that aligns with your research experience and interests.
Then, you submit your application via the online application system with necessary supporting documents, which are as follows:
- A copy of your passport
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the project and relevant skills (1-2 pages)
- A Research Proposal (see Step 2)
- Evidence of your qualifications
- Certified copies of transcripts/academic records and degree certificates for ALL previous university studies, complete and incomplete. A copy of your research thesis (from your Honors or Masters degree)
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV), must include the contact details of two referees
- Evidence of English language proficiency
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the requirements and application instructions on the University of Tasmania Scholarships. As information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.