University of Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship in Australia for International Students
Apply for this amazing scholarship on offer to international students seeking to pursue their academic studies abroad. This will be a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in Australia on a scholarship. Applications for the Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship are currently open to students from around the world who wish to pursue their studies in Australia.
Moreover, the Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship is available to both domestic (Australian) and international students from any country in the world. Students who wish to enroll for their professional master’s degree program at the university for the next academic session are eagerly invited to apply for the scholarship.
However, in this article, we will provide information in detail about the Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship, eligibility requirements and selection criteria, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to the scholarship program.
About The Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship
The Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship was established through generous donations from University of Melbourne engineering alumni, industry partners, and the broader community, this scholarship is available to high-achieving students entering professional programs at the Melbourne School of Engineering.
However, the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology at the university is the oldest engineering and information technology faculty in Australia. The School of Engineering was established in 1861, 8 years after the establishment of the University of Melbourne, and was made a Faculty in 1889.
Moreover, the faculty teaches a substantial number of undergraduate and postgraduate students (around 4,500, including over 1,400 international students from over 50 countries), as well as being a significant center for engineering research, employing many leaders in their fields.
University of Melbourne
Furthermore, the University of Melbourne is regarded as Australia’s leading university. It is a public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. The university was established in 1853, it is the second oldest university in Australia. The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked between 20th and 40th by different global university rankings. However, it is ranked 1st and 2nd in Australian rankings.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship
University of Melbourne, Australia
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Melbourne
Partial funding scholarships
Scholarship/ Study Level:
Field(s) of Study:
Computing and Information; Engineering
Number of Awards:
Approximately 20 scholarships are awarded annually
$5,000 – $20,000. See the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Applications for this scholarship is open to Australian / domestic student and
Furthermore, the Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship provides the recipients with the following inclusions
Successful candidates will receive a scholarship value of $5,000 – $20,000. Note that the scholarships are paid in half-yearly installments for the normal, full-time duration of the recipients’ course for a maximum of two years. However, students must achieve a weighted average mark of 65 or higher to maintain their scholarship payments. Also, this scholarship is not transferrable to other courses at the University of Melbourne.
Eligibility Requirements for The Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for this scholarship program
- The scholarship opportunity is open to both domestic/ Australian and international students
- You need to have applied for a professional masters program at the Melbourne School of Engineering
- Recipients are expected to pass all subjects and achieve at least a 65% average
- Recipients who fail to meet the 65% minimum WAM will be notified by the Scholarships Officer and have their scholarship canceled
- Eligible candidates are assessed on academic merit, based on the results of their previous degrees. Scholarships can be deferred for a maximum of one year.
Moreover, here are terms and conditions for accepting your scholarship offer:
- If the scholarship is not accepted by the lapse date in your scholarship offer letter it will be offered to another student
- You may accept this scholarship separately from your course offer – you do not need to have accepted your course offer to accept the scholarship
- You may hold this scholarship with other scholarships offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, the University of Melbourne, or external funding bodies, including government scholarships
- The scholarship is not transferable to other courses at the University of Melbourne
However, click here for more details on the eligibility requirements and criteria for this scholarship
How to Apply for The Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship
Furthermore, follow the step-by-step guidelines below to apply for the School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship.
Firstly, candidates will need to apply and receive an admission offer to enroll for their master’s degree program at Melbourne University before they can be considered for the scholarship program. However, all students who have applied for eligible courses offered by the Melbourne School of Engineering are automatically considered. Therefore, no separate application is required.
Moreover, you will get the outcome notification within the periods below. Which are three rounds that the awarding of the Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship takes place. They are as follows:
Round 1: October
Round 1: March
Furthermore, in addition to the scholarship benefits, here are some information to note about the scholarship payments
- Funds will be paid directly into your Australian bank account after the University census date each semester. Ensure that your banking details on the Student Portal are correct.
- If you are unable to open an Australian bank account due to current travel restrictions, you may request to change your scholarship to fee remission. Fee remissions will be applied to your tuition fee invoice each semester. However, fee remissions do not apply to the initial $10,000 deposit or Overseas Student Health Cover membership.
- Also, recipients will still receive scholarship payment/fee remission while on an exchange or study abroad program
- Scholarships in the form of payments or fee remission to full-time students are considered tax-exempt. If you are enrolled part-time, the school will not withhold income tax from your scholarship payments. However, you should declare your payments as assessable income in your tax return or seek independent tax advice to ensure that your individual circumstances are covered.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for this scholarship program. As information may change or get an update at any moment without notice.