Rhodes Global Scholarship Program 2022 Oxford University/Fully Funded Scholarship In UK
Looking to pursue your academic studies in the UK and worry about the cost? Here is a golden opportunity for you as applications for Rhodes Global Scholarship Program are currently open for international students across the globe to study in the UK.
Rhodes Global Scholarship Program 2022 is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. It covers the candidate’s university tuition and application fee including a living stipend. This article provides information in detail everything about the Rhodes Global Scholarship Program from its benefits to the eligibility requirements, and finally to the step-by-step application process.
About Rhodes Global Scholarship Program
The Rhodes Scholarship Program is the most prestigious and oldest international scholarship program. It was first awarded in 1902, it provides outstanding young people from around the world the opportunity to study at the University of Oxford.
Formerly, the Rhodes Scholarships are only awarded in 20 constituencies, representing more than 60 different countries. Now the Rhodes Scholarships have been made fully global; two new global scholarships certainly allow eligible candidates from the rest of the world to apply.
The Rhodes Global Scholarship is seeking for prominent young leaders who are motivated to engage with global challenges and to promote international peace.
Checkout Also: Fully Funded US Fulbright Scholarship
Rhodes Scholarship Program Description
However, here is a brief description or summary of the Rhodes Global Scholarship Program:
Oxford University in the UK
Level/Fields of Study:
Masters and PhD degree
Number of Scholarships:
2 new Global Scholarships
Any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford, with some exceptions.
Meanwhile, the Rhodes Global Scholarship provides successful candidates with the following inclusions:
- All University and College fees.
- Also a living allowance of £15,900 per annum
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the beginning of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the candidate’s home country at the end of the scholarship.
- Moreover, the period of the scholarship is two years, subject always right to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the PhD.
Read Also: Fully Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship Program
Eligibility Criteria For Rhodes Global Scholarship Program
However, in order to be eligible for the Rhodes Global Scholarship Program 2022, the candidates must meet the following criteria outlined below:
- Nationality: You are ineligible to apply for a Global Scholarship if you are eligible to other Rhodes Scholarships. In other words, If you are eligible to apply through any existing Rhodes Constituency, you must apply there. Click here to check the eligible countries and know where to apply from.
- Academic Qualification: The applicants must have completed or will have to be completed an undergraduate degree before October 2022, with a first class or minimum GPA of 3.70 out of 4.0. This requirements may vary depending on your chosen course at Oxford, which may be higher still.
- Age: Applicants must be at least 18 and have not reached their 24th birthday. Then, older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual must below under 27 years of age.
- Required Language: English language. In addition, the candidates must meet the English language proficiency requirements of the University of Oxford.
Required Documents For Rhodes Global Scholarship Program Application
However, the following documents will be required by all constituencies for scholarship application:
- Resume or Curriculum vitae(CV)
- Academic transcripts
- Essay, which contains a clear statement of your motivation for wishing to study at Oxford and preferred field of study.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Four reference letters
Application Instructions For Rhodes Global Scholarship Program
Meanwhile, follow the step by step process to apply for the Rhodes Global Scholarship Program:
- Firstly, you must submit your application online with all the supporting documents. You can apply online from 1 June 2021 using the this link.
- Most importantly, ensure that you read carefully the general information, particularly held on the scholarship tab on the Rhodes official website.
- Meanwhile, you will not be able to submit your application for the Global Scholarship without prior nomination by your university. Each university has a limited number of nominations that they can make each year. You must register the most appropriate nominator via the application form. Once their nomination has been received, you will be allowed to submit your form.
Subsequently, successful finalist candidates will get invitation to a social engagement and a final interview. You must be available to attend both in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time, or mode, of these events.
Moreover, selection of candidates is not possible without an interview. Rhodes Trust will cover the travel expenses, excluding hotel expenses. They cannot fund international travel for those attending from overseas.
Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to financial means, marital status, race, ethnic background, gender, religion, disability, or any other irrelevant distinction.
The Rhodes Scholarship confirmation is only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford. However, the decision of the selection committee is final.
Moreover, applicants will be notified via email with the outcome of their application.
In conclusion, for further information about the Rhodes Global Scholarship Program. Please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below, as updates may be made without notice.