Study in the UK 2022: UCL Global Masters Scholarship for International Students
Here’s another amazing scholarship on offer to international students who wish to study in the United Kingdom. Applications for the UCL Global Masters Scholarships are now open to international students to enroll in a master’s degree study at the University College London for the academic year 2022/23.
However, the UCL Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from lower-income backgrounds to pursue full-time Master’s degree studies at University College London.
Moreover, the University College London has established this scholarship exclusively for a full-time master’s degree program undertaken by international students. The scholarship is valued at £15,000 and is expected to be awarded to 70 international students. Keep on reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the UCL Global Masters Scholarships program. The eligibility criteria, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and also, any other important information about the scholarship program.
About the UCL Global Masters Scholarships
The UCL Global Masters Scholarships aims to enable and encourage international students from low-income backgrounds to pursue full-time Undergraduate degree studies at University College London. University College London, which operates as UCL, is a major public research university located in London, United Kingdom. Moreover, UCL is a member institution of the federal University of London and is the second-largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment and the largest by postgraduate enrolment.
Furthermore, University College London is the oldest and largest college of the University of London and is known as ‘London’s Global University. However, the University was founded in 1826 and there are over 40,000 students currently enrolled at the institution, 53% of whom are international. Located in the heart of London, UCL is a constituent college of the University of London and a member of the Russell Group, with approximately 850 professors and over 6,000 academic and research staff.
Moreover, staff and alumni at UCL have won a total of 30 Nobel Prizes, and 840 professors and 7,000 academic staff are dedicated to research and teaching across 11 faculties. However, UCL students benefit from close associations with several major teaching hospitals, such as the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, the Royal Free Hospital, and Moorfields Eye Hospital. Furthermore, the university is ranked as follows in world university rankings:
- 7th: Times University Guide 2022
- 9th: Guardian University Guide 2022
- 8th: QS World University Rankings 2022
- 18th: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
- 17th: Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021
Moreover, here’s an overview of the University College London Undergraduate Scholarship:
University College London, United Kingdom
University College London, United Kingdom
Full tuition award
All postgraduate taught Masters Degree Program in any subject offered at the University
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Up to 70 scholarships are available in 2022/23.
Prospective students international students from a low-income background
5 pm BST, Thursday 12 May 2022
The scholarship is tenable for one year only
Moreover, the University College London provides the undergraduate scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
- There are up to 70 (seventy) scholarships available in 2022/23.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Moreover, scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- Also, the scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal installments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
Nonetheless, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Candidates can be from any country outside the United Kingdom
- be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- come from a lower-income background*;
- AND have also submitted an admission application for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2022/23.
*Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on our essential information page.
How to Apply for the UCL Global Masters Scholarships
Moreover, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the scholarship program. You need to have submitted an admission application to UCL in order to apply for the scholarship. Candidates must submit the scholarship application through an online application form before the application deadline. The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5 pm BST, Thursday 12 May 2022.
Furthermore, follow the instructions below to access the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply’ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
Moreover, the scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office. Successful candidates for 2022/23 will be notified by 31 May 2022.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility criteria and application instructions for this scholarship.