UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship 2022/23
Are you a student from a low-income country? Do you wish to study abroad? Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students to study in the UK. Applications for the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship are currently open to students who wish to enroll in an undergraduate study at the University College London for the 2022/23 academic session.
Moreover, the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from low-income backgrounds to pursue full-time Undergraduate degree studies at University College London. However, this award aims to enable and encourage international students from low-income backgrounds to pursue full-time undergraduate degree studies at the university.
Continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship. However, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship. The eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information about the scholarship program.
About the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship
The UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from low-income backgrounds to pursue full-time Undergraduate degree studies at University College London. University College London, which operates as UCL, is a major public research university located in London, United Kingdom. Moreover, UCL is a member institution of the federal University of London and is the second-largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment and the largest by postgraduate enrolment.
University College London is the oldest and largest college of the University of London and is known as ‘London’s Global University. The University was founded in 1826 and there are over 40,000 students currently enrolled at the institution, 53% of whom are international. Located in the heart of London, UCL is a constituent college of the University of London and a member of the Russell Group, with approximately 850 professors and over 6,000 academic and research staff.
Moreover, staff and alumni at UCL have won a total of 30 Nobel Prizes, and 840 professors and 7,000 academic staff are dedicated to research and teaching across 11 faculties. However, UCL students benefit from close associations with several major teaching hospitals, such as the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, the Royal Free Hospital, and Moorfields Eye Hospital. Furthermore, the university is ranked as follows in world university rankings:
- 7th: Times University Guide 2022
- 9th: Guardian University Guide 2022
- 8th: QS World University Rankings 2022
- 18th: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
- 17th: Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021
Moreover, here’s an overview of the University College London Undergraduate Scholarship:
University College London, United Kingdom
University College London, United Kingdom
Full tuition award
Undergraduate (bachelor’s degree)
Bachelor’s degree program in any subject offered at the University
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Up to 30 scholarships are available in 2022/23.
International students from a low-income background
29 April 2022 (annual)
The scholarship is tenable for the normal duration of the study program
Moreover, the University College London provides the undergraduate scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
- There are up to 30 scholarships available in 2022/23.
- 10 awards of full tuition fees & maintenance; 20 awards of full tuition fees
- The scholarship is tenable for the normal duration of the program
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Undergraduate degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship being awarded.
Nonetheless, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Candidates can be from any country outside the United Kingdom
- Be eligible to pay the overseas fee rate
- Come from a lower-income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Undergraduate degree at UCL in 2022/23.
*Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on our essential information page.
How to Apply for the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship
Moreover, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the scholarship program
You need to have submitted an admission application to UCL in order to apply for the scholarship. Candidates must submit the scholarship application through an online application form before 5 pm BST, Friday 29 April 2022.
Follow the instructions below to access the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply’ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office. Successful candidates for 2022/23 will be notified by 31 May 2022.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility criteria and application instructions for this scholarship.