Study in Belgium 2022: VLIR-UOS Masters Scholarships (ICP Connect)
Here’s an amazing opportunity for international students who have been dreaming of studying in Belgium. A scholarship on offer to postgraduate students seeking to further their studies in Belgium. Applications for the VLIR-UOS Masters Scholarships (ICP Connect) are now open to international students who wish to enroll in a master’s degree program in Belgium for the 2022/23 academic session.
Moreover, VLIR-UOS awards ICP Connect Master’s scholarships to students from 29 eligible countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, to follow an English-taught Master’s program at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium.
However, in this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you need to know about the VLIR-UOS Master’s Scholarships (ICP Connect). Including the scholarship benefits, eligibility criteria, how to apply, and any other important information on the scholarship program.
About the VLIR-UOS Master’s Scholarships (ICP Connect)
Presenting ICP Connect: a new VLIR-UOS framework for ICPs. This aims to integrate global perspectives in a systematic way and strengthen partner countries and network dimensions into existing Master’s programs.
Moreover, ICP Connect study programs are accredited international study programs organized at one or more Flemish universities. The programs focus on subjects aligned with the Agenda 2030 and SDG principles. VLIR-UOS supports a selection of 15 ICPs and provides an annual intake of 10 new first-year scholarships for each ICP.
Furthermore, VLIR-UOS promotes diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, disability, sexual orientation, cultural, religious, or socio-economic backgrounds, feel encouraged to apply.
VLIR-UOS respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences by creating conducive, inclusive environments for students, staff, and alumni to act as critical global citizens.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the VLIR-UOS Master’s Scholarships (ICP Connect):
Participating Belgian Flemish university or university college
Full funding scholarships
Field(s): of Study:
15 ICP Master’s programs at participating Universities in Belgium
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
VLIR-UOS provides an annual intake of 10 new first-year scholarships for each ICP. That is to say, 10 scholarships are awarded for each Master’s program.
Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroun, Cuba, DR Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guinee, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Palestina, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
1 Feb 2022 (annual)
Furthermore, VLIR-UOS provides the master’s scholarships (ICP Connect) recipients with the following inclusions:
VLIR-UOS scholarships cover tuition fees, travel, insurance, and living expenses (board and lodging). VLIR-UOS only offers scholarships for the full duration of the Master’s program (12/24 months). It is not possible to apply for a partial scholarship.
Scholarship costs may change in line with government funding decisions. Detailed figures for the academic year 2022-2023 are not yet available. Keep an eye on our website for updates.
Eligibility Requirements for the VLIR-UOS Master’s Scholarships (ICP Connect)
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the ICP Scholarships:
- Nationality and country of residence: Candidates must be nationals of one of the 29 eligible countries and must be a resident of one of these countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application.
- Age: candidates’ age on January 1 of the year of intake must be no higher than 35 for an initial master and 45 for an advanced master.
- Professional background and experience: Preference will be given to candidates employed in higher education, government, or civil society, or those targeting a career in one of these sectors. Candidates employed in the private sector or newly graduated candidates with no work experience may also be considered if they provide strong motivation and profile.
- Scholarship applications: Candidates may apply for only one ICP Connect scholarship application per year.
- Previously awarded scholarships: Candidates may not have previously received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a study program and may not have enrolled in a study program at a Belgian higher education institution before January 1 of the year of intake.
How to Apply for the VLIR-UOS Master’s Scholarships (ICP Connect)
Moreover, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for ICP Master’s Scholarships:
However, if you are interested in a specific program, you can go to the website of the organizing university through the link provided on the program, and follow the instructions.
Firstly, you will have to confirm your eligibility based on all the given criteria. Then you will have to take a look and learn more about the selected master’s programs. After that, you can proceed to apply if interested. Moreover, you will have to apply for both admissions to the program as well as for the scholarship itself via the university’s website. When you apply for the program, be sure to mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship. Do not apply for more than one Master’s program per year.
You May Also Like:
- Belgian Government ARES Scholarships 2022/23 for Masters and Training Programs
- Study in Belgium 2022/23: KU Leuven International Masters Scholarships
- Karolinska Institute Global Master’s Scholarship to Study in Sweden 2022/23
- Study in Sweden 2022: Adlerbert Study Scholarships at Chalmers University of Technology
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
It is important to visit the official website and the websites of the specific Master’s Program you have chosen for more detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Furthermore, deadlines are determined by the program. Selected candidates as well as the candidates on the waiting list will be contacted by e-mail as soon as possible after selection, no later than mid-June.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the eligibility criteria and application instructions for the VLIR-UOS Master’s Scholarships (ICP Connect). This is because information may change at any moment without notice.