Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics at Monash University, Australia.
Here’s an amazing opportunity for you, if you are looking for rigorous graduate research training and want to make a substantial contribution to research in the economics of health and health care. Applications for the Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics are currently open to international students who wish to study in Australia.
The Centre for Health Economics at Monash University offers a fully-funded Ph.D. in health economics. Moreover, the Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics are offered to all international and domestic students for the academic year 2022/23. Students that hold qualifications in economics, econometrics, or a relevant discipline are eligible for this award and will be granted $30,000 per annum upon being selected.
However, in this article, we will explain in detail what you need to know about the Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics, its eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other additional important information about the scholarship program.
About the Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics
The Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics are generous scholarships for outstanding candidates covering tuition fees and a living allowance of $30,000 per annum full-time rate are available with top-up scholarships for eligible applicants.
Moreover, additional financial support is available through research and teaching assistants, along with opportunities for funded travel and study exchanges with partner institutions in Europe or USA. The scholarships are offered by the Centre for Health Economics at Monash University.
The Centre for Health Economics is one of the world’s leading research groups in the economic analysis of health and health care. They have the highest concentration of economists working in health in the Asia-Pacific region and the largest Health Economics Ph.D. program in Australia, reflecting the reputation of our researchers and the quality of their mentorship.
Furthermore, the Centre for Health Economics offers excellent research facilities including a dedicated Ph.D. student workspace, a Behavioural Laboratory, high-quality computing facilities, and internal seminar programs.
About Monash University
Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It was established in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the state of Victoria in Australia. It is also the largest university in Australia. The university is named after Sir John Monash, an Australian military leader, and engineer.
Moreover, it is a member of the Group of Eight, a group of Australia’s eight leading research universities. Students can choose from more than 6,000 courses across 10 faculties: art, design and architecture, arts, business and economics, education, engineering, information technology, law, medicine, nursing and health sciences, pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, and science.
Furthermore, the university has many campuses across Victoria and Australia as well as international campuses in Malaysia, Italy, India, and China. Monash is consistently ranked in the top 100 universities in the world.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics:
Centre for Health Economics at Monash University, Australia.
Centre for Health Economics at Monash University, Australia.
Level of Study:
Field(s) of Study:
Ph.D. scholarships are available in all areas of health economics
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
International and domestic students
3.5-year fixed-term appointment
31 August 2022
Furthermore, the Centre for Health Economics at Monash University will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
However, successful applicants will receive a tax-free stipend at a current value of $30,000 per annum full-time rate, with several top-up scholarships available to eligible applicants.
Eligibility Requirements for the Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program:
- All domestic students and entrants from international countries are eligible to apply.
- Students can apply for a Ph.D. program at the Monash Center for Health Economics.
- The applicants must have a degree in economics, econometrics, or a relevant discipline with a research component and strong academic results.
- The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field or a master’s degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full-time equivalent year of work, including a thesis.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests: IELTS – 6.5, TOEFL IBT – 79+, TOEFL PBT – 550+, PTE – 58+, and Cambridge English – 176+.
- Media, Communications and Sociology Merit Postgraduate Scholarship
- University of East Anglia International Development Scholarships in the UK
- UCSI University Trust Graduate International Scholarships in Malaysia
- Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarships for International Students at the University of Alberta
How to Apply for the Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics
Furthermore, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program:
However, there are two separate scholarship rounds each year for international and domestic applicants. Each round has a timeline for the receipt of an Expression of Interest (EOI) and full application submission (by invitation, following notification of a successful EOI). Refer to the official website for scholarship application timelines.
Moreover, you will be asked to include the following information:
- Your CV, including details of two referees
- A copy of your academic transcripts and details of grading scales
- Evidence of English language proficiency according to these guidelines
- Also, a 1-2 page cover letter outlining your research skills, experience, research topics of interest, and also why this Ph.D. opportunity interests you.
Note, only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 31st March 2022 will be considered.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility criteria and application instructions for the Ph.D. International Scholarships in Health Economics.