University of Bologna Study Grants 2022/23 for International Students
Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students looking to study abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in Europe, specifically Italy on a scholarship. Applications for the University of Bologna Study Grants are currently open to international students who wish to pursue their academic studies in the country.
The University of Bologna Study Grants is available to international students seeking to pursue their undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships at the Italian University. Read on to learn more about this scholarship program.
However, in this article, we will explain in details everything you need to know about the University of Bologna Study Grants. The scholarship benefits, eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information on the scholarship program.
About the University of Bologna Study Grants
The University of Bologna offers to deserving international students who wish to register for First Cycle, Second Cycle, or Single Cycle Degree Programmes at the University of Bologna for the academic year 2022/23. The recipients will receive a study grants of €11,000 gross (Unibo Action 2) and tuition fee waivers (Unibo Action 1).
Moreover, the University of Bologna is a research university in Bologna, Italy. Founded in 1088 by an organized guild of students (hence studiorum). It is the oldest university in continuous operation in the world, and the first university in the sense of a higher-learning and degree-awarding institute, as the word Universitas was coined at its foundation.
Its community of more than 85,000 students makes the Alma Mater one of Italy’s largest universities, ranking first in Italy in terms of the number of its students in exchange programs abroad and within the top 5 universities in Europe in terms of the number of exchange students. Furthermore, the University of Bologna belongs to the top 200 universities in the world and the top 100 universities in Europe. Moreover, the University of Bologna is among the top 5 Italian universities in major international rankings (Shanghai, Times Higher Education, GreenMetric).
Moreover, here’s an overview of the University of Bologna Study Grants:
University of Bologna, Italy.
University of Bologna, Italy.
Tuition Waivers/Study Grants
Bachelors and Masters Degree
Field(s) of Study:
First, Single, and Second Cycle Degree Programmes offered at the University.
€11.059 per year or tuition fee exemptions. See the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Number of Awards:
International students whose qualifications were obtained in an institution outside of the Italian education system, regardless of citizenship
31 Mar/30 April 2022 (annual)
Furthermore, the University of Bologna will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
- For First Cycle and Single Cycle degree programs: 3 study grants worth € 11.059 each (Unibo Action 2) and full tuition fee waivers for a total amount of €20,000 (Unibo Action 1) – to be confirmed in the next call of applications
- For Second Cycle degree programs: 15 study grants worth €11.059 each (Unibo Action 2) and full tuition fee waivers for a total amount of €80.000 (Unibo Action 1)
Moreover, each Unibo Action 2 study grant is awarded for one academic year only and amounts to a total of €11.059, gross of all charges for the beneficiary’s account.
Each Unibo Action 1 full tuition waiver is awarded for one academic year only. Students who are awarded the waivers must pay €157.04 in regional taxes, the duty stamp, and insurance premium (amount subject to change).
Eligibility Requirements for University of Bologna Study Grants
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program. Application is open exclusively to candidates who:
- possess qualifications for admission to the chosen First, Single, or Second Cycle degree program issued by an institution outside of the Italian education system or in an Italian institute outside Italy, after at least two years of attendance. If the qualification for admission is a one-year title, the prior qualification will be considered too. Qualifications issued by institutions of the Republic of San Marino do not satisfy this condition. The applicant’s citizenship is not considered;
- Also, candidates must meet the admission requirements for the chosen degree program or will meet such requirements at the time of registration;
- are not current students at the University of Bologna for First, Single, or Second Cycle degree programs. Important! Those whose student career (First, Single, or Second Cycle degree program) ended within A.Y. 2020-21 for any reason are not considered students. Withdrawals from studies must have been completed before the publication of this call;
- have not already benefited from the Unibo Action 2 study grant or from the Unibo Action 1 waiver;
How to Apply for the University of Bologna Study Grants
Moreover, applicants can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program:
Applications must be submitted by 31 March 2022 (Second Cycle Programs) or the end of April 2022 (First or Single Cycle Programs), exclusively through Studenti Online, as explained in the call for applications.
- Fully Funded Rotary Peace Fellowships 2023
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2022/23
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program in the USA
- Australia Awards Scholarships
However, it is important to read the 2022/23 Call for Applications (GRE) or 2022/23 Call for Applications (SAT) and visit the official website using the link below to access the online application system and for more detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.