University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships 2022/23
Are you ready to begin your study adventure abroad? Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students who wish to pursue their academic studies in Australia. Applications for the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships are currently open to eligible and high-achieving students undertaking graduate research at the university commencing in the next academic session.
Moreover, the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships are available to both Australian and domestic students and International students alike and take care of 100% fee remission and up to $110,000 per awardee. Keep on reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
However, in this, article, we will explain in full details everything you need to know about the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships. The eligibility criteria, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information on this scholarship program.
About the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships
The University of Melbourne is making available 600 graduate research scholarships to high-achieving students undertaking graduate research at the University of Melbourne. No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Graduate Research Scholarships provide a stipend, as well as fee offsets, which are awarded to domestic and international students based on academic merit. Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study.
The University of Melbourne is a public research university in Melbourne, Australia. Having been established in 1853, it is the second oldest university in Australia and the oldest in the state of Victoria.
The main campus is located in the Melbourne suburb of Parkville with several other campuses located across Victoria. These include the campuses at Southbank, Burnley, Creswick, Dookie, Shepparton, Werribee.
Moreover, the university is divided into 10 faculties including architecture, building, and planning; arts; business and economics; education; engineering; fine arts and music; law; medicine, dentistry, and health sciences; science and veterinary and agricultural sciences.
There is a large library system at the university, with libraries spread across the different campuses and some that cater to specific subjects such as the Brownless Biomedical Library and the Law Library.
Furthermore, A number of museums and art galleries are located across the university covering a number of different topics including medical history, zoological specimens, contemporary art, dental collections and anatomy, and pathology.
Notable alumni include the former prime minister of Australia Julia Gillard, author and academic Germaine Greer, comedian Ronny Chieng and chef, restaurateur, and food writer Stephanie Alexander. Seven Nobel Laureates have also taught in the institution.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships:
University of Melbourne
University of Melbourne
Full funding. General (allowance, Fee remission)
Postgraduate (Masters and Ph.D.)
Field(s) of Study:
All study areas
Number of Awards:
100% fee remission and up to $110,000. See the scholarship benefits section below for more details.
Australian / domestic students and International students
Furthermore, the University of Melbourne will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $32,400 per year pro-rata (2022 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity, and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Also, overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to have applied for and also met the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne or be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
How to Apply
Moreover, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships:
- If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within ten business days of having submitted your course application.
- However, if you have accepted a graduate research course offer and deferred commencement in order to be reconsidered for a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year. You also will receive a notification just as mentioned above.
- Also, if you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you seek a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year. You will also receive a notification.
Moreover, it is important to visit the official website (link below) to access the application form and also for a more detailed explanation of the eligibility criteria and how to apply for this scholarship program.
Furthermore, domestic students will receive an offer for Research Training Program Scholarship (Fee Offset) as part of their course offer. However, offers for Graduate Research Scholarships that provide a stipend and fee offset are made separately. But around the same time course offers are made.
- Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarship 2022/23 Fully Funded Scholarship in Germany
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- University of Bologna Study Grants 2022/23 for International Students
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below fo more details on the requirements and application instructions for this scholarship.