Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 in France for International Students
Do you wish to study abroad in 2023? Here’s a fantastic scholarship for international students seeking to complete their postgraduate studies abroad. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in France on a scholarship. Applications for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program are currently open to international students who wish to study in France.
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program is a French Government scholarship program offered to international or foreign students who wish to enroll in a master’s or Ph.D. studies at any French educational institution. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, this article will provide detailed information on everything you should know about the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program. From eligibility requirements to scholarship benefits, how to apply, and other important information on the scholarship program.
About the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their master’s and Ph.D. programs.
It gives opportunities to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors in priority areas of study. It encourages applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries at the master’s level and applicants up to 30 years old from developing and industrialized countries at the Ph.D. level.
Moreover, the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program has two components:
- The master’s component offers 12 to 36 months of funding to enable scholarship holders to earn a master’s-level degree.
- The doctoral component supports up to 12 months of doctoral research in
France as part of a joint doctoral program.
However, the primary purposes of the scholarship program are as follows:
- To train future foreign decision-makers in the private and public spheres in priority areas of study
- Attract applicants from developing countries to French master’s programs level and applicants from developing and industrialized countries to French doctoral programs.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program:
The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs
French Universities and higher Academic Institutions
Full funding scholarships
Level of Study:
French institutions nominating candidates for the Eiffel Program commit to admitting them to:
- Master’s degree program
- Engineering program
- Joint doctoral program (joint supervision of dissertation and dual
degree), in partnership with a partner institution abroad.
Field(s) of Study:
However, the two components (master and doctorate) of the Eiffel scholarships are available or cover the following seven fields of study:
- Science and technology
- Biology and health
- Ecological transition
- Mathematics and digital
- Science and Engineering
- Humanities and social sciences
- History, French language, and civilization
- Law and political sciences
- Economics and management
Master’s level: €1,181 per month
Ph.D. level: €1,700 per month
See the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Number of Awards:
10th January 2023 (annual)
For the master’s level, the scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 12-24 months, depending on the year of the master’s program. A maximum of 36 months for candidates entering an engineering program. Moreover, the scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 12 months for PhD-level studies.
Moreover, the scholarship program provides the recipients with the following inclusions:
For the master’s level, the Eiffel scholarship provides the recipients with a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 plus a stipend of €150) and a monthly allowance of €1,700 for doctoral components. In addition, the following benefits are included: International air travel, train travel within France, local transportation, health insurance, and cultural activities. Moreover, scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance under certain conditions.
Furthermore, note that the candidates must have begun their academic program at the French host institution to be able to receive the first installment of the scholarship. Also, the tuition charges are not covered by the Eiffel Scholarship Program.
The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs expects participating educational institutions, whose international visibility is enhanced by the Eiffel program, to provide awardees with the best financial support. As recipients of French government scholarships, awardees admitted to French universities and other public institutions are exempt from tuition charges.
Eligibility Requirements for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program
Furthermore, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the Eiffel scholarship program. They are as follows:
- The Eiffel Program is reserved for non-French nationals. Candidates
with two nationalities, one French, are not eligible.
- Candidates for the master’s component must be 25 or under during the competition.
- Only applications submitted by French educational institutions will be accepted. However, these institutions commit to admitting awardees to the academic program specified in the application. Applications from any other source shall not be considered. Any candidate nominated by more than one institution shall be disqualified.
- Eiffel Program scholarships are intended for students seeking to enroll in a master’s-level program in France (including at a school of engineering) and for doctoral candidates. Only programs recognized by the French government are eligible. The Eiffel Program cannot be used at French-run programs abroad or with apprenticeship or professional training contracts.
- Applications nominating students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded another French government scholarship will not be accepted, even if the other scholarship covered only health insurance.
- Moreover, an application nominating a student rejected in a previous competition will not be accepted, even if the application was submitted by a different institution or in another field of study. Students who have previously received an Eiffel master’s scholarship are not eligible to receive another at the master’s level.
- When preselecting non-French-speaking candidates, institutions shall ensure that the candidates’ language skills meet the academic program’s requirements.
- Master’s degree candidates already studying in France are ineligible. Doctoral-level students enrolled in academic programs abroad have priority over students already in France.
How to Apply
Moreover, follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Eiffel Scholarship Program:
However, applications for the scholarship program from students directly are not accepted. French Higher Education Institutions submit the applications. Therefore, to apply for the Eiffel Scholarship, you must first apply for a master’s or doctorate program at a French university. Then, if you meet the requirements and are selected, your application will be sent to Campus France for a second and final selection.
Furthermore, you must read the Eiffel Program Guide for the 2023 academic session for more information on the eligibility requirements and how to apply for the scholarship.
Meanwhile, here’s the application timeline or calendar for the scholarship program:
- Submission of online applications: week of 3rd October 2022.
- Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France: 10th January 2023.
- Publication of results: week of 3 April 2023.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship program.