Fully Funded British Chevening Scholarships in UK for International Students
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students across the globe who wish to study abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if your dream has been to study in the United Kingdom with a fully-funded scholarship. Applications for the British Chevening Scholarships are currently open to all international students across the globe seeking to pursue their academic studies in the United Kingdom.
The Chevening Scholarships is a fully-funded scholarship for international students to pursue their master’s studies in the United Kingdom. Moreover, it offers future influencers and the next generation of leaders the opportunity to develop themselves academically and professionally, creating a relationship that will grow throughout their specific careers with the United Kingdom. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the British Chevening Scholarships program. From the eligibility requirements to the scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Chevening Scholarships Program
The Chevening Scholarships are the United Kingdom’s international or global scholarship program. It offers a unique opportunity to students with leadership potential from over 160 countries and territories to study for a master’s degree in any subject at universities in the United Kingdom. The program offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Furthermore, the scholarship is funded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and its partner organizations. The Chevening Scholarships program was established in 1983 as the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Awards Scheme (FCOAS). With the objective of creating networks, friendships, and missions to span the world with the next generation of leaders.
Moreover, since the commencement of this scholarship program over 50,000 outstanding professionals have had the opportunity to develop in the UK through Chevening. Among these strong alumni networks includes 18 current or former heads of state or government. Chevening Alumni excel in a variety of fields outside of politics too.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the British Chevening Scholarships program.
British Government/ FCO
Universities in the United Kingdom
Postgraduate (Master’s) studies
Full funding scholarships
Field(s) of Study:
One year full-time taught Masters Degree Programme in any subject. Use the course finder to find eligible master’s degrees at every university across the UK.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Over 1,500 scholarships are on offer globally
The scholarships are targeted at citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for a complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
1st November 2022
Scholarship Benefits or Inclusions
Moreover, the Chevening Scholarship program will provide the successfully selected candidate or recipient with the following inclusions:
- The scholarship program will normally cover the student’s tuition fees
- It provides the student with a monthly living stipend
- An economy class return flight to the United Kingdom
- Additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenses such as:
- Cost of one visa application
- An arrival and homeward departure allowance
- The scholarship program also gives the student access to exclusive network events, workshops, internships, etc. The scholarship program also provides a travel grant to attend such Chevening events in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility Requirements for the British Chevening Scholarships Program
Furthermore, you will have to meet the following criteria in order to be considered eligible for the British Chevening Scholarships.
- As a candidate for this scholarship, you must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory
- You must return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Also, you must have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- You must have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- You must also apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2023.
Moreover, you will be considered ineligible for the Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guideline outlined below to apply for the Chevening Scholarships.
However, do ensure that you review the eligibility requirements before applying for this scholarship. This is to avoid falling for the same common errors the previous applicants have made.
Moreover, these errors can result in application ineligibility and the applicants will not qualify for the next stage of the competition. Most of these errors occur in the application form, which the applicants should fill out correctly and completely to be eligible for processing.
Furthermore, areas, where applicants make errors, include their personal details, work experience (click here for more details), repetition of answers, and plagiarism. Also, the applicant must complete the application form in the English language. It will be considered ineligible and won’t be processed if the application form is not completed in English.
Chevening Scholarship Application Process
To begin with, all applications for these scholarships can only be done via the Chevening online application system. You can navigate to the application page using this link or by clicking the ‘apply’ link found on Chevening’s official website. Afterward, you follow the instructions below:
- Firstly, you will need to select your country of citizenship. Then, you can refine your search depending on the type of award you’re applying for whether a scholarship o a fellowship.
- Secondly, just as we mentioned earlier the Chevening online application system will be used throughout the application and selection process. Therefore, you will need to create an account using this link. This is because they may ask you to log back in at various points during the process to receive updates on your application status, or to submit documents.
- However, all Chevening applicants must submit their education documents, references, and one unconditional UK university offer.
Furthermore, in addition to the application instructions, the deadline for the Chevening Scholarships application is 1st November 2022 at 12:00 GMT. Also, the process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when applicants are conditionally selected for an award.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for further information on eligibility requirements and application instructions on the scholarship program.