University of Lausanne Master’s Grants 2022 in Switzerland
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students to start their study abroad adventure in 2023. This will be a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying at one of the best universities in Switzerland. Applications for the University of Lausanne Master’s Grants are currently open to international students seeking to pursue their master’s degree or course at the University.
Moreover, UNIL Master’s Grants are tuition fee scholarships awarded to high-achieving international students. Furthermore, the University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers the UNIL Master’s Grants on a competitive basis to international students who wish to pursue a Master’s Degree at the University. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we explain in full detail everything you need to know about the University of Lausanne Master’s Grant. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility criteria for qualification, how to apply, and any other important information pertaining to this scholarship program.
About The University of Lausanne Master’s Grant
The UNIL Master’s Grants are scholarships for excellence which awards exclusively to students who are graduates from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level.
Moreover, the University of Lausanne offers scholarships to international students who are seeking to pursue their master’s degree program or courses in the Swiss University for the 2022 academic session. However, the University of Lausanne Master’s Grant offers is on a competitive basis to international students who wish to pursue a Master’s Degree at the University.
Furthermore, the University of Lausanne (shortened as UNIL) located in Lausanne, Switzerland was established in 1537 as a school of theology. But in 1890, the Swiss institution was made a university. It is among the oldest universities to be in continuous operation in the world, and the second oldest in Switzerland. Also, the University of Lausanne is consistently ranked among the top 10 universities in Switzerland, and the top 200 universities globally.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the UNIL Master’s Grants scholarship.
University of Lausanne, Switzerland
University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Partial funding/tuition fee scholarships
Postgraduate (Master’s) degree
Field(s) of Study:
With exception of the MSc in Nursing Sciences and the MSc in Health Sciences, all programs can be attended part-time. Moreover, you can find the list of all Masters degrees at UNIL that it is possible to apply for via this link. However, all the programs in the link address are offered by UNIL with the exception of the following Master’s:
- from the School of Medicine
- of education
- Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Science in Health sciences
- All MASs (Ph.D. programs)
Moreover, note that for the Master of Law, only two specializations; “international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Master’s scholarships
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
UNIL grants around ten scholarships a year
All international students across the globe
1st November 2022
Scholarship Benefits or Inclusions
Furthermore, the UNIL Master’s Grants provide the recipients with the following inclusions:
- The scholarship grant is for the minimum statutory period of the program of preference by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the master’s (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen master), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
- Moreover, UNIL Master’s Grants candidates are made aware of the fact that the sum of the scholarship award is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
Eligibility Requirements for the University of Lausanne Master’s Grants
Moreover, you will have to meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the UNIL scholarships. They are as follows:
- To have obtained a foreign university degree is considered equivalent to a bachelor’s at the University of Lausanne before the beginning of the master’s program at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- Also, to have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which they teach your choice of masters.
- Not been previously registered with UNIL
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
How to Apply
Meanwhile, interested applicants can follow the step-by-step guidelines below to apply for the UNIL scholarships:
- To begin with, the application for the UNIL scholarships also serves as an application for admission to your master’s course of preference. But you must not make an application for admission to the master’s degree via the Admissions Department (SII). Candidates must send their complete application with necessary documentation requirements, unbound, by post at the university’s address below:
- Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
- Université de Lausanne
- Some of the documentation requirements for the University of Lausanne Master’s grants include the following:
- One passport-sized photograph is affixed to the application form (in JPEG format).
- A copy of your academic qualifications and transcripts
- One cover letter
- Copy of your Curriculum Vitae
- Two original letters of recommendation from the applicant’s lecturers
- Proof of payment of the CHF 200.00 administration fee (application processing fee)
In addition to the application instructions, you must fill out the application form completely on a computer and duly sign it as the candidate. The deadline for applications is 1 November to begin a master’s degree during the following academic year, in the autumn semester or the spring semester if the program allows. The postmark will attest to the date sent.
Moreover, ensure to read the UNIL Master’s Grants FAQs and visit the official website to access the application form and more details on how to apply for this scholarship. Incomplete applications, particularly those lacking certified copies of the academic documents requested, will not be considered.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the requirements and application instructions for the scholarship program.